Soup up the 5.9 or get a bike? | FerrariChat

Soup up the 5.9 or get a bike?

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by Dr.Bleed, Sep 15, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dr.Bleed

Dr.Bleed Karting

Jun 5, 2004
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    Nathan E. K.
    For the longest time I'v wanted to turn my Dakota R/T into a Lightning killer (more recently an SRT-10 Ram killer). I know exactly what I need, and how much dough it'll take to put my R/T in the 12's and maybe put alittle into enhancing the suspension a bit. Unfortunatly, though, I'v been pre-occupied with the Cobra and the 380R to ever get around to doing it.

My other choice would be just to put that money into buying a nice bike. I'v heard alot of good things about the Suzuki SV650S for a beginning rider and thats also something I'v been planning on for awhile now.

Anyway, just wondered what you guys think would be more fun.

2. Paul Vincent

Paul Vincent Formula Junior

Apr 3, 2004
    The bike would be a different kind of fun, but also, as far as I'm concerned a beginner should really focus on learning to ride his/her bike - by riding it a lot. And, if you aren't in a position to do so (or don't want to make the bike your usual ride for a long enough time to really get comfortable), if I were you, I'd forget about the bike.

3. Z0RR0

Z0RR0 F1 Rookie

Apr 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Julien
    Don't buy a bike only to go fast. The only place you'll reach that way will be the ground. Hopefully just the surface and not 6 feet down.

This being said, the Suzuki SV650 is IMHO one of the best beginner bikes out there right now. I suggest you get it used, that way, if you really hate it, you can flip it with very little $ out of your pocket.

It's a completely different thing. You just can't compare a truck to a bike ...
    It all comes down to personal preference. I personally like riding a crappy bike over a great car ... but that's just me.