Someone went nuts on the spray gun! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Someone went nuts on the spray gun!

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by blkprlz, Mar 18, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Pcar928fan

Pcar928fan Formula 3

Jan 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Good to know... I like the new name for the yellow car. The Yellow Peril! I think it will stick to this S/N for the rest of its (maybe short) life! ;)

James
    Austin, TX

2. Pcar928fan

Pcar928fan Formula 3

Jan 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Where on Lamar? I don't get on Lamar all that often and when I am it is always north of 38th Street...are they on the South side?

James

3. open roads

open roads F1 Rookie

Jan 28, 2007
    Sarasota, Fl.
    Full Name:
    Stan
    This one could be used as the first example of Ferraris that should be avoided at all costs.

4. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
    Good day all,

What is interesting is that the ad states "Our sportscar has been driven locally, and starts right up!" ... I wonder how is that possible since one of the pics clearly show that the battery cable has been disconnected.

Cheers,

Sam

5. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    I like how the fans are only partially painted. Nice effect. Don't take anything apart & just let the overspray fall where it may.

6. Pcar928fan

Pcar928fan Formula 3

Jan 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    That is probably how they start it...just hook the battery back up and then touch the starter cable to the hot side of the battery! LOL! What a POS!

James
    Austin, TX

7. DMC308

DMC308 F1 Rookie

Aug 19, 2006
    Seattle/Noosa
    Full Name:
    D
    25k?
    Is that to repair it?

8. Pcar928fan

Pcar928fan Formula 3

Jan 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    The scary thing is it might take even more than that! In fact it probably WOULD take more than that if you consider it would be a good $12k for a super nice repaint, and I bet and EASY $6k could be spent bringing that interior up to par. God only knows what you would find mechanically wrong w/ the thing. Of course you could do a good but cheap repaint for probably $5k and make the interior liveable for $3k (especially if you were willing to do some of the work yourself), then you would be getting off on a good foot, but still the unknown of mechanical ills... YEOW!

James
    Austin, Tx

9. Bradley

Bradley F1 Rookie

Nov 23, 2006
    Lakewood, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Bradley
    The "nonprofit" title makes me think that someone just gave up on it and donated it to charity.

What we can see in the pictures is probably just the tip of the iceberg. $5k is probably overpriced; I'm not sure I'd even take on this project if it was given to me.

With that much visibly wrong in the photos, there's probably 10x as much mechanical trouble that we don't even know about.

10. blkprlz

blkprlz Formula 3

Mar 24, 2007
    Tampa bay
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    I think $5K for a parts car would be reasonable. New taillights @ T-Rutlands are $1200.

11. It's Ross

It's Ross Formula 3

Jul 30, 2007
    Barrington, Ill. USA
    Full Name:
    Ross
    Someone donated this heap, now the charity needs to dispose of it. I wonder if the donor got his deduction when you could use "book" value?

12. dstacy

dstacy F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2006
    GMT -5 & GMT +1
    Full Name:
    Dave
  13. ArtS

ArtS F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Central NJ
    Dave,

I doubt that the offer was genuine. Who in their right mind (or even someone who is nuts) would offer that kind of money for this car?

Regards,

Art S.

14. Pcar928fan

Pcar928fan Formula 3

Jan 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Art,

You just never know. There are many folks out there who just don't bother to look around and REALLY find out what stuff is worth. They see a Ferrari for under $20k or potentially so and think that MUST be a great deal! I am always amazed at the stupidity of people in general.

James
    Austin, TX

15. blkprlz

blkprlz Formula 3

Mar 24, 2007
    Tampa bay
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    By the looks of g***g score (25 negs.), I think Art hit the nail right on the head.

16. cuneo

cuneo Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 20, 2006
    I actualy thinking was of buying theis car, shall I to do PPI, or no? 25000 dolars seem like is good deal, especial with matching fan/bodie colour. May be the fello selling car willl
    inpection for me?

17. Ashman

Ashman Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2002
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    Go for it, but don't dilly dally in case someone else comes along and snaps it up for that price ahead of you! Seller seems knowledgeable so his performing the PPI should be as good as any!

John

<weird sense of humor today, even for a Friday afternoon!>

18. dstacy

dstacy F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2006
    GMT -5 & GMT +1
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I got it John and thought it was funny as he]]

19. dstacy

dstacy F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2006
    GMT -5 & GMT +1
    Full Name:
    Dave
    By the way it is back on Ebay once again for the steeply discounted price of $25,500.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=006&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=160225602198&rd=1
    Come on guys we all know yellow and red are THE colors for a 400 series car thats why they made 2 or 3 of them. Now add a convertible conversion by who knows what chop shop, and finish it off with the original ripped up interior showing a nice patina and not some soft and supple restored interior....you've got yourself one hellofa car.
    So who is going to step up to the plate on this one?

20. Pcar928fan

Pcar928fan Formula 3

Jan 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Are you asking so we can just shoot them now and save them the misery of trying to do ANYTHING with this car?! ;)

James
    Austin, TX

21. xraygun

xraygun Karting

Feb 5, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Full Name:
    Ray Henderson
    I knew it looked familar. I have actually seen this bucket. It's parked at a service shop my GF takes her POS jag to for repairs. Mechanic is a nice guy. Told me how someone brought it in just to get it started up. It looks so much worse in person. I don't think a self respecting raccoon would live in it.

xraygun

22. Pcar928fan

Pcar928fan Formula 3

Jan 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    WOW! That is really saying something because I have not seen a sadder case for a 400i that was NOT in a junk yard EVER!

James
    Austin, TX