Social distancing drive in Northern suburbs | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Social distancing drive in Northern suburbs

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by VHlambo580, Apr 30, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. VHlambo580

VHlambo580 Karting

Dec 4, 2017
    All Maseratis are welcome!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. VHlambo580

VHlambo580 Karting

Dec 4, 2017
    Ok - so attached are pics of the route. I am trying to find an easier way to do this but for now you can hopefully print this out. Remember, we will start at Ferrari Lake Forest - meet at 9:30 AM.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Also, PM me your emails and I will send a formal route that way as well.

Fixjets777 likes this.
  3. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
  4. mlcor

mlcor Karting

Jul 21, 2018
    Just FYI, there is construction ongoing on Route 176 between Route 41 and Crescent Knoll. I'm pretty sure the work is being done at night, and just started on May 1, so it may be fine to go through there. I haven't been there since the work started, so I haven't actually seen it.

5. VHlambo580

VHlambo580 Karting

Dec 4, 2017
    Maybe I’ll take us down 60 just to get around it, then back to 176. Worst case we can drive thru greggs landing and give the multiple neighborhoods a thrill!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. alex

alex Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2003
    Crystal Lake, Illinois
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Great route! Will restrooms be available at our destination?

7. TheNextOne

TheNextOne Rookie

Dec 16, 2011
    Hey All,

We are excited to see that some of you are getting your Ferraris out for some "automotive therapy!"

I just wanted to post a note on here that Ferrari Lake Forest will still be remaining closed to the public for the time being for the safety of our staff. You all are more than welcome to still meet in our parking lot before your rally and we look forward to the days (hopefully soon!) that we can reopen our doors and for future rallies we would be happy to participate and supply breakfast etc.

Feel free to email me directly with any questions.

Thanks for your understanding,
    Nick Mancuso
    [email protected]

ryalex and Fixjets777 like this.
  8. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    Thanks Nick! Hope yourself, family, and staff are all remaining healthy!

9. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    There should be one at the Harvard train station right around the corner IIRC

10. VHlambo580

VHlambo580 Karting

Dec 4, 2017
    Thanks Nick. Completely understand. We will just use your parking lot to meet up, then off for a social distance drive!

11. VHlambo580

VHlambo580 Karting

Dec 4, 2017
    Looks like a beautiful crisp Saturday for our drive! A few reminders: We will meet at 9:30 at Ferrari Lake Forest (my absolute favorite dealer and home away from home). Assume we will being our drive between 9:45 and 10 AM. I may take us down route 60 at the beginning to avoid possible construction on 176. This will just be for 10 miles or so before getting back onto 176. Remember, this was all done by my super novice routing skills (but on a new cool app) so forgive me if we run into slow spots. Also, I haven’t driven the entire route so will be a new experience for all of us. Last, I will not be printing the route (due to COVID) but can email it to you. Please PM me and I will send it.

If we enjoy this Saturday I can try and put together other routes for other drives. I am really looking forward to meeting all of you and stretching out our stallion legs (or bulls, German engineering, maseratis, etc).

Thanks,

Dave

Defender 90, Yumeoikake and mlcor like this.
  12. alex

alex Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2003
    Crystal Lake, Illinois
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Yesterday we drove the portion of the route starting at the intersection of Rt 176 and Rt 14 to just before the last section ending in downtown Harvard. Road conditions were great, and the hills on Collins are a blast! Thanks for organizing this. We are looking forward to Saturday!

13. mlcor

mlcor Karting

Jul 21, 2018
    Rather than spending all that time on 60 (which sucks), we could consider taking 60 to St. Mary's, making a left onto it, then getting back on 176 from there. 176 isn't great there, either, and fewer lanes than 60, but fewer lights. It might be better, but I leave it up to you.

14. VHlambo580

VHlambo580 Karting

Dec 4, 2017
    OK - So final message before tomorrow! I just took a drive with my daughter to check out some of our route from the Ferrari dealer. Here is a minor change from the beginning route:

We will now take a LEFT on 43
    We will take this to route 60 (RIGHT)
    Take Route 60 all the way down til it end to the bent fork, then a RIGHT and continue to follow (now 60/83).
    Take this to 176, which we will take a LEFT
    Then everything is the same.

Why we decided this, route 176 is a bit rough and slow from the dealer till about route 60. Loads of stones.

At the time we are going we should be good. Honestly, I am just super thrilled to get out on a beautiful day with fantastic cars.

See you tomorrow.

Dave

Townshend, Fixjets777, mlcor and 2 others like this.
  15. DavidRS4

DavidRS4 Karting

Oct 12, 2019
    Defender 90 likes this.
  16. VHlambo580

VHlambo580 Karting

Dec 4, 2017
    All - Great Drive today!! So much fun. Want to give a huge THANK YOU to Rick and his team at Ferrari Lake Forest. It was so incredibly nice of them to allow their dealer to be the starting point (in their parking lot of course and abiding by every social distance rule & distance requirement of at least 6 feet)

It took us a while to get to those country roads but when we did all bets were off! Super excited for our next outing.

Thanks,

Save

Defender 90 and Michael Simoneau like this.
  17. mlcor

mlcor Karting

Jul 21, 2018
    It was good to finally meet some of you in person. Big thanks to Dave for organizing!

Defender 90 likes this.
  18. VHlambo580

VHlambo580 Karting

Dec 4, 2017
    Last message - my daughter made a video of the trip (with some of Joe’s pics as well). Enjoy.

Dave

Defender 90 and Fixjets777 like this.
  19. JJ97

JJ97 Karting

Apr 1, 2012
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Joe Nocera
    Thanks Dave! Great seeing everyone and awesome video by your daughter

Defender 90 likes this.
  20. gh0st0

gh0st0 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 2, 2018
    Midwest
    Posted this in the spotters thread but looks like I caught a glimpse of your cruise party at 12&120 around noon, nice turnout, lots of nice cars

absostone likes this.
  21. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    Thanks again for organizing and pleasure seeing everyone today!

Don't forget we also had masks where necessary ;-)

22. alex

alex Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2003
    Crystal Lake, Illinois
    Full Name:
    Alex
    It was a great day for a great drive! Hope to see everyone again soon! Thanks again, Dave, for organizing this.

Defender 90 likes this.
  23. Defender 90

Defender 90 Rookie

Oct 21, 2019
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    #48 Defender 90, May 9, 2020
    Last edited: May 9, 2020
    Here are some pics of today’s cruise.

Jeff (488) and I (Dennis in the 458) created the “Ferrari Owner Chicagoland” Facebook group. Please considering joining for more of today’s pictures and for event invites. Please help us with ideas about events (i.e. cruises and/or parking together at Cars and Coffee?). Also please feel free to invite your Ferrari owner friends as well. . https://www.facebook.com/groups/243733726739225/?ref=share

Many thanks to Dave for creating coordinating a memorable and enjoyable cruise.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

24. VHlambo580

VHlambo580 Karting

Dec 4, 2017
    Pics are Amazing Dennis! I was looking for the Ferrari Owner Chicagoland facebook group but it is not showing up. I am sure user error but any help would be great.

Dave

Defender 90 likes this.
  25. Defender 90

Defender 90 Rookie

Oct 21, 2019
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    #50 Defender 90, May 9, 2020
    Last edited: May 9, 2020
    Here is the link to the Facebook group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/243733726739225/?ref=share

Thanks again!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat