SoCal Supercar Meet ... by the Beach! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

SoCal Supercar Meet ... by the Beach!

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by Newport, Dec 2, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RonH

RonH Formula 3

May 29, 2016
    Newport Coast, California
    Full Name:
    Ron H
    I have the over 62 pass and it is by name. It’s good for myself and my spouse (who happens to be under 62). I can and do use it for multiple vehicles. I assume the regular pass is the same.

Dom likes this.
  2. Newport

Newport Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2006
    Thanks Ron!

3. 2thmvr

2thmvr Karting

Feb 24, 2008
    Huntington Beach
    Full Name:
    Sam
    The state park pass is a tag that hangs from your rear view mirror so you can move from car to car. Also, I've had a pass for years and if you purchase a pass on Jan 1, 2018 it is good until Jan 31 2019.

Dom likes this.
  4. Testarossa Lover

Testarossa Lover F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Haig Barsamian
    Hi Dom... Hope to see you at the meet.

Dom likes this.
  5. Dom

Dom F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 5, 2002
    Likewise! Been a long time.

6. Newport

Newport Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2006
    More Good News!

Fast Cars Ltd. http://www.fastcarsltd.com/ has put their foot forward as a sponsor! Thank you Craig.

It fantastic to have a world class operation like yours aboard.

I look forward to meeting you and, seeing your client base at Supercars by the Sea.
    David

SocalBaksh and SoCal1 like this.
  7. Newport

Newport Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2006
    Good to meet with you today Haig. Thank you for your support on the Supercars by the Sea meet and, I will see you on Sunday Jan 14th. Pass the word to the Ferrari community.
    David

Testarossa Lover likes this.
  8. Prancinghorse619

BANNED

May 10, 2017
    Wow sounds like this event has some steam behind it! Some major players are getting involved with this. First D'elegance Detailing and now Fast Cars! Sounds to me this is going to be the premier location for people wanting to show their vehicles and getting great exposure.

Testarossa Lover likes this.
  9. Testarossa Lover

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Haig Barsamian
    It was great meeting you David. Look forward to our first meet in January.

10. Testarossa Lover

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Haig Barsamian
    David is a great car guy who went out of his way for five months to secure this deal and awesome location. My firm is also considering sponsorship participation yo support the cause. We differently need this type of a weekly gathering in OC.

Prancinghorse619 likes this.
  11. Prancinghorse619

BANNED

May 10, 2017
    What a great event! And this was made all possible by the generosity of David taking the time to coordinate, and D'elegance Detailing for putting up the money to make this happen. Not sure what business your firm is into, but that would be awesome if you could support the cause as well. I can't wait to attend one of these.

12. Newport

Newport Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2006
    Thank again Haig... duly noted on your sponsorship interest. Thank you.

Quick note on sponsorship's as I have two participating in that role (D'elegance and AMG) on the first meet. The meet is currently a monthly meet that we are shooting to keep on the 2nd Sunday of each month until, the State see's that this is all for the good and allows expansion to bi-monthly (2nd and 4th Sunday's). Once attendance grows beyond 150 that changes the scope of the event. The costs will rapidly climb (Additional site fee, Park Ranger monitoring and higher cost of insurance). Sponsorship can and will change because this will become EXPENSIVE to put on weekly. Right now cost are low and this gives the "little guy" the opportunity to come forward and jump in as D'elegance Detailing has and get plenty of press. Obviously, larger groups like AMG and Fast Cars Ltd will quickly become major players. In the end, it will probably wash out to be one major sponsor for each week of the month. The good things in life aren't free. The larger malls don't want these meets (South Coast/Fashion Island) and, the smaller malls/strip malls will get shut down because some store owner can't get parking for his customers and will complain. Whats left?? This location.

Plus, going to any other C&C meet when you live in CA, that isn't on the water, is like going to Hawaii and booking a mountain view room. Wait, let me get this straight.... You're going to fly allllllll the way to Hawaii and miss looking at the water ..by the width of the building!?! Who does that?

Not this Show. :D

13. Newport

Newport Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2006
    Quick update:
    Originally 7am to 9am.

Official time is now from 6:30am to 9:30am!!!

SoCal1 likes this.
  14. Newport

Newport Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2006
  15. Newport

Newport Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2006
  16. Testarossa Lover

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Haig Barsamian
    Only two weeks away... :)

17. Mmckee

Mmckee Formula 3
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2016
    Alta Loma, Ca
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I'll be there, I just need to get my pass.

18. Newport

Newport Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2006
    You can purchase annual pass on the day of your first meet at the gate too. See you then.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

19. RonH

RonH Formula 3

May 29, 2016
    Full Name:
    Ron H
    I just bought my annual pass today. Very easy, took 5 minutes. I would recommend buying it in person however. Last year it took forever and got lost in the mail twice.

Looking forward to the meet.

20. RonH

RonH Formula 3

May 29, 2016
    Full Name:
    Ron H
    Incidentally this is the 62+ annual pass which costs $20 (but you cannot use it during the peak summer months). You have to fill out a form so I suspect it is a little more time consuming than the regular pass. But well worth it.

21. Newport

Newport Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2006
    Thank for the update Ron!
    This is the link for those 62+ for the application form. Please fill out a head of time before the meet. (Great deal!) https://www.parks.ca.gov/pages/737/files/DPR847a_2018.pdf

As far as the regular annual pass goes, it will be available at the first meet you go to at the gate. There is no paperwork to fill out. Again please bring $195 cash to the gate. The Park will hand you a pass and in you go.. no delay.

22. Newport

Newport Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2006
    Supercars By The Sea site map for Jan 14th 6:30am to 9:30am

Enter off PCH & Magnolia. 21601 Pacific Coast Hwy, Huntington Beach, California 92646

Bring cash to get through the gate quickly. $15 day pass or $195 Annual pass.

Please be respectful of people helping to park the cars upon arrival.

Food and Beverages will be available for purchase.

Make new friends...Repeat!

Image Unavailable, Please Login

23. evo+supra

evo+supra Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 26, 2010
    Wow this sounds like an amazing event! I will have to make an appearance.

24. Newport

Newport Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2006
    The weather is going to be perfect! A great day to drive to the Beach. Hope to see you there.