So...Ike is one big bastard | Page 7 | FerrariChat

So...Ike is one big bastard

Discussion in 'Texas' started by MobileJay, Sep 10, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TexasMike

TexasMike F1 World Champ

Feb 17, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Michael C
    Thanks for the update Cody.

2. MobileJay

MobileJay Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 9, 2006
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Jason Cavallo
    Man I feel bad cause we had our power come on so fast lol. My girlfriend is in the same boat though, no power till Monday. Atleast the houses are still there to have power when it comes back on. Galvez people dont have crap. Poor people man, its sad

3. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    There I am...."sustained extensive damage"....LOL!

Waving at ya' from 77008....

Val's across the Loop in 77018. She has a gas kitchen though....strange phone call last night made me feel somewhat better...:D

Randy, heading out for the Broken Spoke tonight... Moorespeed in the AM.....PM sent with my cell.......

Tex, over and out!

4. niptuck

niptuck F1 Rookie

Mar 1, 2006
    NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    John L.
    I wish you all a speedy and successful recovery.
    We arrived to the Houston Shriners today... patients going back to Mexico, a few admitted.
    I booked an earlier flight.. leaving tomorrow from Hobby at 8:30AM.

It's been an interesting experience. If there is any informal get-together tonight in the area (doubt it), let me know.
    I'll be in the Shriner's overnight.

G-d bless you all. A few months from now.. you'll be back to FChat cruising :p

5. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
  6. MobileJay

MobileJay Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 9, 2006
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Jason Cavallo
    Well it was nice meeting you John, its too bad you came when you did and had to experience Ike.

Have a safe flight home man, take care.

7. texasmr2

texasmr2 Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    Val still tormenting you I see, I hope the new year bring's brighter skie's and new horizon's for my brother!

8. roro

roro Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Ro
    #158 roro, Sep 18, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2008
    No worries. No offense taken. I'm just trying to take advantage of what's available, or else it is not used. Then I realized I had to put my bank info when I registered; looks like I'll have to change myt bank account.

FEMA has done a so-so job here. Hats off to the Mayor, Local and State official...they have stepped it up though.

By the way... my power at my business properties came on today at 5PM! Woohoo! Time to make more money!

9. roro

roro Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Ro
    Hey Jason, I heard yours went up today. That's great! I can't wait for my house to have power.

First thing I'm doing after everything settles down is cutting 3 huge, old trees next to my house. I don't want to risk it next time mother nature knocks on my door.

10. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    Ro if you would like some assistance with those tree's or anything else just let me know ok? Glad you and your family are ok.

Gregg

11. 328Nero

328Nero Karting

May 14, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    The Dude
    I am back...we got power last night, if anyone needs to borrow a small generator let me know. I will help in any way I can. We came out OK, no major damage we were certainly blessed. Good luck to everyone and please let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Warmest Regards,

12. JCR

JCR F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 14, 2005
    H-Town, Tejas
    I am also in 77008. Some of the Heights does have power but most of us in Shady Acres don't. I have been told the problem now is that there are not enought tree removal crews and that is slowing down the linemen. Today is also my first day back at work. The glass building had some damage. I finally have internet now.

13. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I know, it is sad. That's why while my parents were without power I kept saying I can't complain. If this is the worst it gets it's more than a whole lot of people have left. And I was sort of getting use to the simplistic lifestyle. Since there was nothing to do, nothing to worry about.

Now that it's back, I want back in my place. I need some solitude. Just sit on the couch, watch tv, or just lay there and not speak to anyone for a day.

John, thank you for everything you've done and helped out down here. Have a safe trip back to NY. Hopefully I'll get to meet you next time you're in town.

Now you're an honorary Texan, so you'll have to visit these boards more often.

Take care.

14. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    What's everyones traffic situation like now?

It's only taking me about 20 minutes to get to work from 290/Beltway. But 1.5 hours in the afternoon to get from Richmond to the parents.

And yesterday these two a-holes decided they would use the emergency lane of 610 as they're own personal lane. With flashers on! And they were doing at least 50mph while the rest of us were doing no more than 7mph. It really infuriated me. As if they're time is more important than the rest of us. If you drive a big-ass truck with a ranch hand bumper, please pull out in front of these idiots at the last second so they run into you.

15. Houston348

Houston348 Formula 3

Oct 18, 2006
    Nope! ugghh.. the power stops about a few hundred yards from me. my subdivision is basically the only one in Fall Creek without power

16. jratcliff

jratcliff Formula 3

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    Power back up at my shop in Pearland. I told the supervisor yesterday to have everyone come in today even though we don't have power. They show up and the power is on. :)

John

17. dstacy

dstacy F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2006
    GMT -5 & GMT +1
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Just to give you an idea, here are some snippets from an email that just hit my inbox. Its from a friend who lives on the Strand in Galvestion.......

"I have lost everything at my loft and Willie G's took a hit. The company has been great and is keeping me on salary. I am on a clean up crew."

"It has been rough. Today is my first hot shower...yea for me!"

"If you see a yellow volkswagon floating by, grab it...I can't find mine!"

Kind of makes you look at things differently doesn't it?

18. JMOrem

JMOrem Formula Junior

Jun 7, 2004
    Frisco, TX
    Full Name:
    Jared Orem
  19. cyclistdan

cyclistdan Rookie

May 12, 2008
    The woodlands are doing well. Most if not all of the power in the woodlands is back now. I got mine Wednesday night and most of the people i've spoken to in the area have gotten it back. Most importantly the traffic lights are on! I HATE busy 4 way stops.

20. roro

roro Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Ro
    WOOHOO! Power is back on at home!

21. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    Glad to hear most you have had your power restored, no a/c sucks bigtime in H-town. Big prop's to my brother and the company he work's for 'North Houston Pole & Line' as they have been and will be working 15+hr shift's for atleast the next 1-2 month's, he run's a lineman crew.

22. niptuck

niptuck F1 Rookie

Mar 1, 2006
    NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    John L.

23. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    It does. Sounds like he still has a sense of humor through all of this. Guess you have to, otherwise you'll just be left depressed.

24. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    BigTex,
    Still waiting to hear from ya about that cleanup session ok? Oh and the buddy I mentioned know's both of the other gent's and said he would also be happy to help if his schedule permit's.

Gregg

25. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I was in Texas City doing roofing, no problems with access there, but do not think Galveston is 'doable' yet...he's in the same building as the Opera House..unless the art work was removed it's most likely "gone" to mildew by now..a shame..

I could use that generator Nero328, I was building up biceps with that hand saw, brudda.....LOL! Mom's house is still 'down' and limiting speed of repairs, but she has another place to stay. She doesn't want one to be connected, I tend to agree given the hazards...I just needed tool power.

We actually had two nice visits Gregg, I understand what she is doing, and why.....