So if I wanted a Nissan Skyline R32... | Page 4 | FerrariChat

So if I wanted a Nissan Skyline R32...

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by sherpa23, Mar 31, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gran Drewismo

Gran Drewismo F1 Rookie

Jan 24, 2005
    Idaho
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    #76 Gran Drewismo, May 22, 2014
    Last edited: May 22, 2014
    Yeah that was a stupid question.

Did you inquire about the ones here? There are three that I know of, but not sure which are still for sale.

2. PureEuroM3

PureEuroM3 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 31, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    If you want to get an idea of the premiums involved take a look at Right Hand Drive vehicles for sale by Right Drive

They have a 1993 R32 GTR for just over 20...However a 1989 US Legal one is near 29k. (Inventory Cars - Right Drive)

*Note: I do not know of any premiums or taxes that might make the price jump just looking at prices on the site. I also have no affiliation with the company just know of them from being local.*

We can always analyze things we overpaid for but if you really want it, and somewhat have funds available, you can just get it. I pulled the trigger early for that reason. I got a good deal because the car I traded in was purchased by an employee and they gave me more on trade in value than what I bought the car for. Put some cash on top of that and left with an amazing GTS-T with 38,000km on the clock for about 10k.

You won't regret pulling the trigger early if you really love the car. You will be one of the first to own one AND most likely will keep it for a fairly long period of time. This will ease the depreciation feeling. I had mine for about 5 years before I sold it and I miss the car quite a bit.

3. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    I don't want any of the ones that I know about. I only know about two, though.

4. PureEuroM3

PureEuroM3 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 31, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    One warning I do want to let you guys know is that RHD is not a piece of cake. Driving it is a blast and you will get used to it but you will wander quite far over in the lane at the start.

Making left turns is the hardest part. If you live in a heavily populate area (downtown) it is not a car I suggest driving. I very rarely took mine to downtown Toronto and avoided as many lefts as I could. Anything with a drive thru is tough as well, yes I did reverse through a few of them.

The average person will not do the greatest with these items and it does take patience. This goes back to the above simply meaning that you should really want this car.

5. Gran Drewismo

Gran Drewismo F1 Rookie

Jan 24, 2005
    Idaho
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    ^^^^ Yup.

Two things happen: 1.) You end up placing your passenger into oncoming traffic. That's always fun. 2.) You activate your wipers when making turns since the stalks are reversed.

6. PureEuroM3

PureEuroM3 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 31, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    #81 PureEuroM3, May 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    BTW I went to a trackday with a few friends and got was the passenger in this amazing car. He was a tech at the importer so needless to say it was crazy. Full cage with 2 racing seats and plenty of mods not limited to a stroked engine (2.7L) and some turbo upgrades. The wing is crazy but it works well with the canards in the front (and is functional) while the wheels came off an R34 GTR.

I don't know the number but it was near the 500 mark I beleive AWHP.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. PureEuroM3

PureEuroM3 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 31, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Those things are not that bad and come with time. You will wander a little bit to the left because you are used to being on the side and using your judgement you end up that way. Give it a month or two and it's not an issue.

The wipers would not bother me because the skyline, if i remember correctly, has the window wipers above the dash around the cluster. The only knob it has on the wheel is the turn signal and underneath to adjust it.

8. Gran Drewismo

Gran Drewismo F1 Rookie

Jan 24, 2005
    Idaho
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Man, you guys get all the cool cars. The STi Type RA and Renault Sport Spider are awesome.

Looks like they're slapping a premium for the US legal cars. Interesting to see if people capitalize on it.

9. Gran Drewismo

Gran Drewismo F1 Rookie

Jan 24, 2005
    Idaho
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Oh no, not bad at all. They're pretty funny actually. It's relatively easy to adjust, plus before long, a person becomes a pro at going through a drive-through backwards.

You're right about the Skyline and it's stalk placement.

10. PureEuroM3

PureEuroM3 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 31, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    15 year rule is nice to have! I also have a soft spot for the Silvia S15 so we will what happens.

11. Gran Drewismo

Gran Drewismo F1 Rookie

Jan 24, 2005
    Idaho
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Daaaaaaaaamn you Canadians! S15 is a good car to have a soft spot for. Nissan (and Japan in general) sure did produce some amazing auto in the 90s.

12. PureEuroM3

PureEuroM3 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 31, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    In typical fashion, sorry!

P.S Parts are not the easiest to find as well. Lots of parts do interchange and the vehicle has plenty of aftermarket support but some parts do get a little difficult. Speedo cable for example is shared with a 240sx or 300zx if I remember correctly but the upper control arm was a little tougher to track. I also needed a steering rack and that was quite hard to find.

Still worth it haha.

13. Gran Drewismo

Gran Drewismo F1 Rookie

Jan 24, 2005
    Idaho
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Yeah if I remember right the z32 300zx is most common for parts. Don't quote me on that though!

14. PureEuroM3

PureEuroM3 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 31, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Don't know exactly if it most common but I do think as well. The 240sx has components and I want to say the Maxima does as well. I have a list somewhere either in PDF format or link