So if gts are now 400k, what are gt's? | Page 11 | FerrariChat

So if gts are now 400k, what are gt's?

Discussion in '206/246' started by philt68, Nov 24, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dino Club Germany

Dino Club Germany Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2008
    Germany
    Full Name:
    N. Schumacher
    It did not met my reserve and the highest bid is what you see on the Picture above.
    On Mobile.de in Germany (similar to Craigs List in the US) there are currently more than ever (26!) Dino 246 for sale starting at 340K Euro up to 500K. As nobody knows if they would sell I just tried it on the Coy auction during the IAA in Frankfurt with no risk for my curiosity. Highest bidder was a guy from France who is looking for a giallo fly 246, so no dealer or Investment Company.

2. 500tr

500tr Formula 3

Feb 28, 2004
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Volkmar Spielmann
    Unbelievable...

3. TheDevil

TheDevil Karting

Jul 14, 2014
    One just advertised by The Gallery Brummen.

4. porkchopious

porkchopious Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2009
    Oakton, VA
    Full Name:
    David
    No matter how much money I save up, when I get enough to buy one of these: Oh-oh, now I need another $100,000! It's so maddening!

5. Dino Club Germany

Nov 10, 2008
    Germany
    Full Name:
    N. Schumacher
    This is the worst 246 I have seen since years. The Gallery offered it already on the Techno Classica in march and it had its reason why there was a price gap for more than 100 k between this and the other one they had. It needs a complete restauration.

6. tx246

tx246 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    #256 tx246, Oct 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Another Nice Green Dino:

43,000 miles, same collector owner for last 12 years, rare Medio Verde Metallizato (Medium Green Metallic), Tan leather, power windows, leather and air conditioning. Excellent, rust free body. Outstanding paint. Excellent original leather, excellent original mousehair dash, original toolkit. This is an extremely well preserved example that is ready to be driven or shown and enjoyed.

1972 Ferrari 246 Dino GTS- Green - Motor Classic & Competition Corp.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. Pantdino4

Pantdino4 Karting

Sep 17, 2015
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Jim Oddie
    It doesn't look that bad to me. Are there problems such as rust that don't appear in the photos?

8. Pantdino4

Pantdino4 Karting

Sep 17, 2015
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Jim Oddie
    Wait a while-- us old guys have seen bubbles before.

9. Dino Club Germany

Nov 10, 2008
    Germany
    Full Name:
    N. Schumacher
    I agree that nothing is visible on the Pictures and neither if you are 5 m away from the car. When I tried to lift the Hood or the lid of the trunk they are probably 50% more heavier than they should be. It Looks that there are serveral layers of paints on top of each other. Over some corrosion it was just sprayed with a can. Sign of corrsosion bubbles were also visible where the safety belts behing the rear window are fixed and we know how complicated this Location is to restore... It may drive nice but the Body Needs a complete Restauration. When I´m back from vacation I could probably share some detailed Pictures I made in march.

10. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
  11. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    There are a lot of Dinos on the market right now.
    Monterey 2014 had 12 Dino for auction and 2015 had ten when historically three was the norm. A side affect is that cars with needs come to market and price comparisons are not apples to apples

12. cnpapa24

cnpapa24 F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2014
    NOLA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I personally don't see a lot of Dinos for sale in the US right now. A few bad examples at Gullwing and a couple at FJ, but not much else. Europe is a different story.

13. tx246

tx246 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    What is interesting is the lack of great cars.

The mediocre cars have lots of needs, but aren't cheap, however, they seem to be a reference used for what value are or should be.

14. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    It is easier to sell a car with needs in a rising market than in a soft one, mediocre cars don't seem to be selling at the moment. The few great cars that make it to market tend to end up at auction. A few dealers will pay asking price knowing that if presented in the right venue there is more to be had.

15. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    #265 synchro, Nov 10, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2015
    Sister Spider marked as Sold

1974 Ferrari Dino GTS - Motor Classic & Competition Corp.

Correct, the quantity of Dinos listed states little about quality.
    An auction doesn't let you inspect the Dino very much let alone drive it or learn about the previous owner's car habits.

16. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    It is important to do your due diligence and research the cars history. I have driven and inspected auction cars prior to the sale, examined records and contacted previous owners.

17. tx246

tx246 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    I have seen crap cars bring strong money at auction and great cars bring little money at auction.

Auctions are always a challenging arena on either side of the equation.

Cars offered by dealers allow for more scrutinizing unless sold before hand.

It has been slow, but more cars are sold without being made public than not.