snows for the FF | FerrariChat

snows for the FF

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by ttforcefed, Apr 19, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    cant wait to get mine!

2. Tifosi15

Tifosi15 Formula 3

Jul 15, 2009
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Bryan
    What snows were developed for the FF?

3. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    no idea...im sure theyll be available...i cant wait to drive this thing

4. FJerry

FJerry Formula Junior

Dec 1, 2004
    United States
    I was told by Ferrari that they would have a snow wheel and tire package available. That makes me happy :) My totally wild guess is -1 on the wheel size and something like Pirelli Sottozeros.

5. DriveAfterDark

DriveAfterDark F1 Veteran

Jan 1, 2007
    Norway
    I wonder how the traction will be. Snow = Small width means better chances of not getting stuck.

Kudos to those who can trash a car as expensive as FF in the snow... Panels don't come cheap... Just hoping the owners don't forget that it's still a heavy car (disadvantage when taking a inspired drive on snow and ice, as in braking and cornering..........).

Can't wait to see some Arabs put it off road...

6. Tifosi15

Tifosi15 Formula 3

Jul 15, 2009
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Bryan
    Sottozeros would be logical, I think I read somewhere the snows were rated to 180mph!

7. FJerry

FJerry Formula Junior

Dec 1, 2004
    United States
    My guess is with snow tires for most typical driving situations the traction will be excellent. How is the comment about weight and size any different from most SUVs or a car such as a Panamera? Yes AWD is not a replacement for common sense.

8. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    Sotto Zeros is right

9. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    In the past few years I had Sottozeros exclusively on my daily drivers in Chicago Winter (brutal these last years).
    I had custom light rims for Summer so had to use stock rims for Winter tires.
    SL65 with staggered rims ,285/35/19s in the back.
    Bentley Speed with 285s all around
    Current S63TT with staggered 255s front and 285s in the back.
    None of these cars was ever undriveable,even in the worst storm,the Bentley of course was unstoppable and blowing every SUV to the weeds.
    Each of these cars was pushed to 170-180mph at least once a week if the road was dry (commute to my warehouse at 4am, on the tollway)

10. dan360

dan360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2003
    Boston
    Sottozeros are available in 20" sizes, so I'm sure stock wheels will work with Snows.