Skyhook Suspension on facelifted 4200GT | FerrariChat

Skyhook Suspension on facelifted 4200GT

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by AONE, Feb 27, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AONE

AONE Rookie

Oct 22, 2014
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    Hi Guys

I am looking to buy a GT for weekend and I live in Sydney Australia .

I have found a 2005 facelifted 4200GT in grey with beige interior , low mileage , UK delivered and exported to Australia in 2011. GranSport is a bit out of budget , $10k AUD difference .

Advice wanted please , Performance is not my top priority but I do care about ride quality , I have been told to check the clutch wear and I will have the car inspected by Maserati dealership before making a purchase .

I tried searching on Google and FB groups but a few discussions found , some say Mechanically the 4200 suspension software, setup and geometry are identical to the Gransport as are the gearbox software and the gear selection lever ; On another hand some say , 4200 never had any of the goodies that the GranSport had - even the 90th Anniversary Spyder only had a few bits of extra bodywork to distinguish it.

Can someone please clarify the skyhook suspension on facelifted 4200GT is different to GranSport ? I haven't driven both and I believe Maserati wouldn’t have wanted to destroy sales of the GranSport by making the 4200 the same vehicle with same suspension setup ?

Thanks

2. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    You'll probably do far better on Maserati Life it's just where those owners for those cars hang out. Don't know why?

Now that being said ... there's also a thread on here about the GranSport versions with this website's founder on it as he has/had one and loves it so go there first.