Site feedback, why is the site awful on my ipad? | FerrariChat

Site feedback, why is the site awful on my ipad?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by gt4me, Oct 23, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. gt4me

gt4me F1 Veteran

Sep 10, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Lewis Mitchell
    Hi there, hoping a moderator can assist with this. What have you done to the site that makes it so awful to use on the ipad? It loads slowly and drops out repeatedly. Hardly come on the site these days as it's so unpleasant to use. Writing this on my phone which seems to operate the site well. Thanks in advance for any help.

2. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

I can not really answer this, it's an admin issue and they're ALL at the Miami event.

I don't know of anything specific to Ipads, are you using your Ipad with a cell connection or a standard wireless internet connection?

If you're using a cell connection, I'd start there, see if changing to a wireless router connection improved your speed and connection, if not, then try it the other way. Make sure your OS is up to date as well. I don't see anything on our end that could be associated with your IP for this post.

Otherwise, I'll flag this for one of the admins, who will be back late next week.

D

gt4me likes this.
  3. gt4me

gt4me F1 Veteran

Sep 10, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Lewis Mitchell
    Hi there Dave, thanks very much for your reply. I'm using the ipad on a WiFi connection only. I'll see if any mods come back to me with any other suggestions. It's strange because the site used to work perfectly on the ipad.
    Lewis.

4. JL350

JL350 Karting

Jan 20, 2013
    For me the advertising really slowed down the experience, iPad over wifi. Installed AdGuard pro and all is good again.

gt4me likes this.
  5. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

FWIW , I use this site exclusively on my IPad with no issues. I’m on cell service now on the beach and I use all wireless in my office. Maybe it’s your IPad or internet service ? Best ,Kirk

gt4me likes this.
  6. fga4

fga4 Karting

Jan 2, 2017
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Jerry Cellilo
    Same with me. Use iPad most of the time with WiFi or cellular and no problems. Some images take a few seconds to load but I can see they are large files.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

gt4me likes this.
  7. TheDiffuser

TheDiffuser Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2017
    Full Name:
    The Diffuser
    OP what iOS are you running on iPad? That will likely have an impact on the site performance on your device.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gt4me likes this.
  8. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    I’m using an iPad now with no issues at all.

Matt

gt4me likes this.
  9. Streetsurfer

Streetsurfer Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2015
    near Chicago
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Issues that appear on my ipad air 2 circa ‘13 ios 12.1, seem to be wide across the internet and not just here. Things like the cursor disappearing when writing a post, inserting what I wrote between words elsewhere in the body of text than it was intended, typing letters I didn’t strike the keys for, delays in seeing the typed letters show up in the text, etc.

I’ve not seen the issues mentioned in the first post.

I am convinced (almost), because it happens every year before and through these holidays, that it is programmed into updates in order to frustrate people into buying new devices, lol. :D

gt4me likes this.
  10. davidoloan

davidoloan Formula Junior

May 6, 2009
    Full Name:
    David
    I have an iPad 3, which for 6 years has been great for surfing the web. However, it is showing limitations now, with a clean install and the latest IOS available for it, it can't even scroll the page on FChat, and while it can play YouTube 1080p videos without problem, it has similar difficulties navigating the YouTube app.

So to the OP, its probably time for a new iPad. What model is yours?

This site works fine for me on an newish iMac, new iPhone, and my new iPad, but not my iPad 3. The limitations of the old iPad show up where you wouldn't expect. Not in playing video, but scrolling and navigating websites. Strange, because I thought websites were mostly so efficient the problem would be the other way round.

gt4me likes this.
  11. davidoloan

May 6, 2009
    Full Name:
    David
    I did a test of the Ferrarichat site on various iPad I have here.

iPad 3 on IOS 9.3.5 can't scroll and is un-useable.
    iPad 4 on IOS 10.3.3 scrolls reasonably well, and you can navigate the site, but its not very smooth.

A brand new iPad scrolls quick and smoothly and navigates without issue.

gt4me likes this.
  12. gt4me

gt4me F1 Veteran

Sep 10, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Lewis Mitchell
    Thanks very much for all the replies guys, appreciate the help. I'll try and work out what sort of ipad I have. Was bought new in '13.

13. davidoloan

May 6, 2009
    Full Name:
    David
    Probably an iPad 4.

You can check the serial number against a register on the web, or if IOS has stopped updating at 10.3.3 then it’s a 4, or 9.3.5 then it’s a 3.

gt4me likes this.