Side lights for a imported 365GT4 2+2 | FerrariChat

Side lights for a imported 365GT4 2+2

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by Choptop400, Nov 23, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Choptop400

Choptop400 Karting

Oct 10, 2014
    Huntington, NY
    Full Name:
    Frank L Caponi
    Trying to check and make every electrical system fully operation. I was checking all the lights and found that the rear side markers where not lighting on either side. All the other lights are working as designed. I figured it would be a simple bulb replacement or a fuse.

Surprise, surprise as Gomer Pile would say. I removed the carpet in the trunk. Not only was there no bulb but there was no electric connector or wiring to the rear side markers. Since I would like them to be functional. I pull one of the lens, the markings are SAE AP 2 77 DOT number at bottom is 18.1675. I have to assume that these were the least expense lens you could install and standard to many imported vehicles, Anyone have an idea as to the correct electrical connector that will fit this lens? Picture below. Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Bill26

Bill26 Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2005
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Bill Murdoch
    365's did not have front or rear side lights originally. Yours were likely fitted when the car was imported to the U.S and might have been be sourced from anywhere. It may even be possible that they were never connected.
    U.S. delivered Daytonas and C4's had particularly ugly side lights with chrome surrounds - maybe these are they?
    Regards
    WM
    [​IMG]

3. SouthJersey400i

SouthJersey400i Formula 3

Mar 14, 2007
    Romulus, NY (Finger Lakes)
    Full Name:
    Ken Battle
    The wiring for my side lights just "spliced" into running lights front and rear. This was done by the importer for our cars. Look at a Euro car and they don't have these lights. Ken

4. Choptop400

Choptop400 Karting

Oct 10, 2014
    Huntington, NY
    Full Name:
    Frank L Caponi
    SouthJersey, The splicing into the wiring is no big deal. More to the point is what type of connector does this lens use and where can you order or find? I would like to avoid duck tape as the connector. lol

5. SouthJersey400i

Mar 14, 2007
    Full Name:
    Ken Battle
  6. Choptop400

Choptop400 Karting

Oct 10, 2014
    Huntington, NY
    Full Name:
    Frank L Caponi
    Thank you for the pictures.

7. Choptop400

Choptop400 Karting

Oct 10, 2014
    Huntington, NY
    Full Name:
    Frank L Caponi
    SouthJersy400I, is there any numbers on the electrical connector that might help finding one like the one in the picture?

8. SouthJersey400i

Mar 14, 2007
    Full Name:
    Ken Battle
    There are no marks on the white bulb holder. The front red face is marked Carello 14500.718 and back side which is orange is marked 14500.748, two pieces are fused together. Front also says SAE AP 170 DOT. Your red piece likely says the same.

You might try Re-originals; he has two pages of bulb holders: http://reoriginals.com/lights_18.aspx
    This ebay seller has 198 Carello listings; I only check first page but a lot of Alfa lights.
    Ken

9. SouthJersey400i

Mar 14, 2007
    Full Name:
    Ken Battle
  10. raemin

raemin Formula 3

Jan 16, 2007
    Lyon (FR)
    Full Name:
    R. Emin
    Superformance and eurospares do sell these Carello at a more affordable price, but unfortunately none of them do sell the bulb socket alone. Some alfaromeo did use the same socket on their bigger side repeater, at a cheaper price, so your best bet is to hunt for any Carello Side repeater of that era and salvage the socket.

A cheaper alternative would be this excellent source provided by Newman earlier this week:

https://www.europaspares.com/bulb-holder-for-52-80mm-gauge-need-r297-bulb-2w-capless.html
    https://www.europaspares.com/small-single-filament-bulb-holder-bayonet-metal.html

Not water tight but you could make it do with dielectric grease and led bulbs.

11. Choptop400

Choptop400 Karting

Oct 10, 2014
    Huntington, NY
    Full Name:
    Frank L Caponi
    Thanks guys, will look into this options and report back what I decided to do.

12. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
    Good day All,

On a side note... the side maker lights that Ken mentioned can be found significantly cheaper at Superformance (19 GBP/$26USD vs $146 USD from Mr. Fiat).

https://www.superformance.co.uk/308/lights.html

Also Superformance does offer very similar marker lights (on the same web page I mentioned) as to what the original poster has for 30GBP ($40USD).

Cheers,

Sam

13. Part Time

Part Time Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2013
    Port St. Lucie, Fl
    Full Name:
    Gary Shore
    Here are my lamps......

Molded in info is.....SEIMA 45.38 on one end.....SAE AP 2 76 DOT on the other. My car came in thru Jersey, so whatever they had on the shelf went on the corner.

Gary

Image Unavailable, Please Login