Showing Mantide at the Dubai Motor Show - do we need a translator? | FerrariChat

Showing Mantide at the Dubai Motor Show - do we need a translator?

Discussion in 'Middle East' started by dan360, Nov 24, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dan360

dan360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2003
    Boston
    We're showing Mantide at the Dubai Motor Show (www.dubaimotorshow.com) which runs 15-20th of December.

One of the (many) options that are available as part of exhibiting is a translator. I was wondering if anyone had advice as to whether having one was a good idea? Essential? Total waste of time? I've spent a bunch of time living in various places in Asia, Europe and the US and thus far the only place where I've found translation essential was China, so I'm inclined to guess we don't really need one. But not having been to Dubai before I'm looking for local experience!

As I understand it we'll be in the "main" hall - so if anyone wants to pop by and see us and the car feel free. It will be me and the designer Jason Castriota.

2. Pav

Pav Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 18, 2006
    Warsaw, Poland
    Full Name:
    Michal
    Translator will be only useful on the "press day" first day when the sheiks will come. Otherwise you would need a translator for arabic/hindi/urdu/nepalese/malayam/gujarati and pujabi. Useless. Stick to english.

3. Rex71

Rex71 Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2007
    Jeddah,Saudi Arabia
    Full Name:
    Majd B.
    +1

4. mseals

mseals Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 9, 2007
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Mike Seals
    I agree with what Rex said about what Pav said about the question....

:D

Mike in Kuwait

5. LMPDesigner

LMPDesigner F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 5, 2003
    Atlanta Georgia
    What's a 'Mantide"?

6. menoy

menoy F1 Rookie

Mar 12, 2005
    PL