Show Your Property!! | Page 7 | FerrariChat

Show Your Property!!

Discussion in 'Creative Arts' started by FastTalk, Apr 1, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferrarista3

Ferrarista3 F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2007
    MC/UK
    Full Name:
    Carlo
    #151 Ferrarista3, Oct 28, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    10/15 mins from Monaco within a natural park...

P.S. Those are old pictures...a lot a works have been done since and many are still currently in progress (eg. many stone walls were built in the garden's terracing, swimming pool is being redone, drive-in will be redone, garage as well etc.). More recent pics can be found in this other thread- http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=196900. Once the remaining works are done the house should go on the market :(
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. teak360

teak360 F1 World Champ

Nov 3, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Nice. Want to trade for a teak farm?

3. HobbsTC

HobbsTC Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 14, 2004
    Lakeland, FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    #153 HobbsTC, Nov 6, 2008
    Well I know it's not much compared to most of them here, but this is our new house. We were living in a townhouse before this. We (she) built it last fall (while I was in Army basic training, haha) and moved in Dec 20th, the day I got home for Christmas exodus. Its about the 12th house in the neighborhood, which is planned for over 100. All lots are between 0.5-0.75 acre. One of our own fchatters SweetSpotAV installed my home theater ( thanks John!) As you can see the backyard is a mess right now. The work trailer for the pool people is on the left in that first pic. That pic is a couple of weeks old, they just poured the concrete decking. Just waiting on the vinyl liner to come in.

We'll have been married for 3 years in Dec and we're just taking things one step at a time. Didn't want a huge house, but with 4bd it's big enough for the 2 rugrats we want eventually.

4. 412monzaindy

412monzaindy Formula Junior

Mar 8, 2005
    Ontario Canada
    Full Name:
    PBI
    Nice and quite

5. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    #155 BT, Nov 6, 2008
  6. TexasMike

TexasMike F1 World Champ

Feb 17, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Michael C
    #156 TexasMike, Nov 6, 2008
  7. bounty

bounty F1 Veteran

Feb 18, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    Ouch :(

8. anatomycoloringbook

Mar 12, 2004
    charlotte, nc
    Full Name:
    Kyle S.

Ohh man! I'm so sorry to see this. Good luck getting it all repared Mike.

9. Ferrariguy2

Ferrariguy2 F1 Rookie

Apr 5, 2004
    Naples, Florida
    Full Name:
    Chief
    Nice pad Thomas, should look great with that pool in. Congrats!

10. Bryanp

Bryanp F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2002
    Santa Fe, NM
    #160 Bryanp, Nov 10, 2008
    1928 Sears catalog bungalow I got in 92 as a total disaster - cat pee, 60 years of cigarettes and not a stitch of insulation. Designed the addition to the left about 8 years ago when we started having kids.

About 1.5 miles south of the Lincoln Memorial - great old neighborhood in Arlington, VA.

11. EC308

EC308 Formula 3

Aug 28, 2005
    jenkintown, pa
    Full Name:
    ed
    Beautiful, love it!

12. StoryBook

StoryBook F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 1, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    MPL
  13. HobbsTC

HobbsTC Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 14, 2004
    Lakeland, FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Hey thanks for all the positives. I kinda felt strange posting our little place, what with all of the huge places already in this thread. Pool is being filled this weekend and Monday will be complete. Just in time for the cold front!

14. JM4re

JM4re Formula 3

Aug 21, 2006
    Nothingcouldbefiner
    Full Name:
    JPM
    #164 JM4re, Nov 14, 2008
  15. coverland

coverland Formula 3

Apr 22, 2007
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Colin
    Nice lookin' property there Kuzi! Are you still on the "Island"?
    -Colin

16. StoryBook

StoryBook F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 1, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    MPL
    Yes Colin we're still there.

17. JCW Driver

JCW Driver Formula Junior

Oct 24, 2006
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Bronson G.
    #167 JCW Driver, Dec 11, 2008
    #1 The view with the boat in it, is from the front yard at our family lake house in Michigan.

The rest are basically the view from the neighbors place. They have been family freinds for 60 years.

The fancy one, is a super-lo-resolution artsy shot that my (professional pho-tog...) relative took at sunset, from the same place.

The last is the view back towards our house from the lake, that I took from a kayak (obviously)...

Our old house has been in the family for 90 years or so. The house is OK, but the lake is amazing. 20 miles long and 3 miles wide.

18. kara

kara Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2007
    Ukraine in dreams/CA
    Full Name:
    Kara, Karalina
    Wow that's very beautiful. Looks very peaceful...

19. Cozmic_Kid

Cozmic_Kid F1 Veteran

Dec 1, 2005
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    B. Frandsen
    #169 Cozmic_Kid, Dec 27, 2008
  20. Cozmic_Kid

Cozmic_Kid F1 Veteran

Dec 1, 2005
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    B. Frandsen
    #170 Cozmic_Kid, Dec 27, 2008
  21. 1ual777

1ual777 F1 Rookie

Mar 21, 2006
    Orange County, CA
    Dude, isn't that one of those places that charges by the hour? In the middle of the day?

22. Bryanp

Bryanp F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2002
    Santa Fe, NM
    #172 Bryanp, Jan 6, 2009
    On post 160 of this thread, I posted a couple of pics of my 1928 bungalow and the addition (on the left of the pics).

Here are a few interior shots of the great room in the downstairs portion of the addition. It is obviously still in progress, but we cleaned it up a little for Christmas and I took these shots. The old part of the house has the dining room in it, which looks down into the new great room. the arts-and-crafts columns are design cues obviously taken from the original front porch columns of the bungalow. The north 1/3 of the room is tented off; we're still making sawdust in there. We just started making the shelves that will fit against the far wall, in between each of the columns. Floor goes last. Part of the reason that the room is so large is that my 9' concert grand piano (living at my parents' house) needs the space to sound right.

the columns are cherry and maple, the wainscoating maple with a big cherry shelf/cap, the mantle is curved aluminum billet w/ a rusted steel brace on the one side. The vaults on eiher side of the big glulam beams are maple veneer ply w/ cherry ribs at the panel joints - cove lighting at the bottom of the vaults. The floor will be 4" brazilian cherry.

The newell posts are from 1880, from the house that my dad grew up in northern New Mexico. It was a big Richardsonian Romanesque house that my grandparents lost to eminent domain in 1955. About 10 years ago, my late grandmother found out that a local electrician had removed them from the house right before it was torn down and I bought them from his widow in 1999 - the newell posts had been in his barn since 1955!!! They were in amazingly good condition as you can see - we had to refrabricate one of the tops but otherwise only needed to sand and re-coat.

I'm particularly proud of this space since my dad and I have built every speck of it. High-end millwork has been his hobby for about 60 years. None of the work is rocket scinece, but knowing the millwork tricks, having the right tools and being an absolute perfectionist is what makes a room like this come together. Oh, and lots of time. I pulled the permit for this addition a week after my oldest son was born; and he just turned 7!! I'll post more shots when we are completely done.

23. Bryanp

Bryanp F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2002
    Santa Fe, NM
    #173 Bryanp, Jan 6, 2009
  24. tl731

tl731 Formula Junior

Oct 13, 2004
    Staten Island , NY
    Full Name:
    Thomas L.
    Bryan

Absolutely beautiful, I love that style. I have a Stickley leather chair that would look perfect next to your fireplace.
    enjoy

25. tritone

tritone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 8, 2003
    On the Rock
    Full Name:
    James
    Bryan -
    I'm liking the way you're combining A&C with contemporary (the steel railings).
    Also noted the b&w rug under the table; I just specced one very similar for a project in Vancouver, BC. Is it a Liza Phillips?

Tritone