Show your design of whatever! | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Show your design of whatever!

Discussion in 'Creative Arts' started by Night life, Feb 28, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AceAndy2

AceAndy2 Karting

May 19, 2008
    Idaho/Italy
    Full Name:
    Andrew Adams
    Michiel, to be frank, I'm not a huge fan of some of your work but sometimes it is breathtaking, and that nike bike is one such project. I love the simple design. I'm sure being given a clean slate most people/designers would have gone over-board, but you visibly restrained "over-designing" the vehicle and in doing so created an instantly classic. you have set the standard high if such a vehicle is ever produced. encore!

2. Michiel Mobiel

Michiel Mobiel Formula 3

Mar 27, 2006
    Holland
    Full Name:
    Michiel van den Brink
    Thank you, Andrew.

Unfortunately the project stalled at some time. Mainly because of political and legal reasons... With power assist this vehicle could easily go about 40 mph and at those speeds you must wear a helmet here in Holland... There was a task force from the university which had multiple discussions with the Dutch government to get special regulations for bikes like these. The project seemed too far ahead of its time.

When I finished my study I got back in touch with the project owners and now the time is right. I am now looking for a way to revive the project.

3. Michiel Mobiel

Michiel Mobiel Formula 3

Mar 27, 2006
    Holland
    Full Name:
    Michiel van den Brink
    #78 Michiel Mobiel, Jul 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  4. sumlin

sumlin Karting

Jan 12, 2009
    #79 sumlin, Jul 16, 2009
    Here's some illustration and graphics work I've done recently...

I'm an old school pen and ink illustrator and I use some very outdated computer technology to add colour and lay things out.

Thinking of doing some illustrations of some of the details on 70s Ferraris, just need an excuse!

Very, very lo-tech website here: www.honeyisfunny.com if anyone needs some illustration or design doing. Apologies for shameless plug but how else am I going to afford a fibreglass 308?!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. BrainchildF430

BrainchildF430 Karting

Oct 25, 2008
    Beverly Hills
    Full Name:
    Aaron Schoenberger
    I, with my team, recently designed a website for Melisse restaurant in Santa Monica -- one of the best I've ever been to (and I've been to thousands of restaurants). It matches their interior decor and look/feel. http://www.melisse.com

6. Nurburgringer

Nurburgringer F1 World Champ

Jan 3, 2009
    Texass
    #81 Nurburgringer, Mar 4, 2012
    Found this cool thread searching for interior design projects, why not resurrect it?

After moving in our house last year one of the first projects was to redo the bedroom. Lime/sea green carpet, flowery wallpaper trim, natty fabric window shades and and dark, thick window trim were ripped out and the wifey and friend painted the walls cream and a deep red.
    After much deliberation on what to do about window treatments I fabricated sliding shades from Japanese style Shoji screens.

1/8" x 5/8" aluminum bar stock set into channels cut in quarter round oak trim on the top and bottom act as rails for brass screen-door wheels from Home Depot. These are bolted to the aluminum angle stock that ties the shoji panels together.
    They block out about 1/2 the light when closed with a rather soothing glow, and slide open and closed with one finger.
    Something a little different, we like it!

Still have to figure out how/where to mount the TV (we don't watch much in the bedroom so would like to hide it maybe in the armoire) and get another hanging lamp for my side of the bed. Then the next big project, which I'm not looking forward to: master bath redo. Whirlpool tub will stay but everything else will be replaced. Sticking with the Asian theme I think...

Video

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pm8Q8nb1L-g[/ame]

Before, after, detail shot of track and wheel system

7. jsa330

jsa330 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I'm impressed! That's a sure-fire solution for ugly windows.

8. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    I think i´ve already seen this house on tv...was it a movie, some architecture program or i´m i simply mistaken?