Should this Mangusta prototype have two SNs? | FerrariChat

Should this Mangusta prototype have two SNs?

Discussion in 'Other Italian' started by bitzman, Feb 1, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    When I was visiting the DeTomaso factory in the '80s i saw the original gold Mangusta prototype body in a rubbish pile indoors, not running, the dash instruments hand painted on a sheet of plastic. Then years later I saw a driving impression of what looked like the same car in a French magazine. the key to it being the prototype or not beside the dashboard is the strip of metal with holes punched in it on top of the fenderwells. i think that was only on the prototype. So i think the factory, when they had a buyer for the shell, took a used Mangusta and rebodied it with the prototype shell, So if this comes up for sale again, it should have two SNs. Where on the net are there lots of pictures of the prototype inckuding engine compartment and dash?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

stevenwk and energy88 like this.
  2. stevenwk

stevenwk F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2007
    Metro Detroit
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I love the color. Looks very close to Ferrari oro chiaro.

3. stevenwk

stevenwk F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2007
    Metro Detroit
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Also, looks like the rims were painted gold early on...

71Satisfaction likes this.