458 - Should I kept my 458 Spider or trade it in for Pista | Page 2 | FerrariChat

458 Should I kept my 458 Spider or trade it in for Pista

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by squires, Oct 20, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    So just an X pipe and forza? No need for the novitec back boxes as that is what I was going g to go for but just an x pipe and valve controller is way cheaper
    Sent from my SM-F916B using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    The cars I heard sounded great with just an X pipe.

3. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Great thanks dude, I'll start with that and see if its good enough no need to spend more cash then needed
    Sent from my SM-F916B using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Gh21631 likes this.
  4. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    The Pista is really at such a different level performance wise. If you are getting a Pista coupe you will also have a much more rigid car.

If you love the high RPM scream and the ability to have your foot planted and your ears filled with the steering wheel turned then it will be really hard to replicate what you have. Ideally you’d have one of each.

The 458 feels more alive- but the other side is the Pista is more stable and planted. With its level of performance you really need that. And its still fun to play with, but, you won’t have your foot planted as often nor for as long. Its probably at or very close to hypercar levels of performance. The 458 feels playful and fun; whereas the Pista feels very potent and serious. Notice the words that come to mind. Which appeals more to you? Yet the 458 can be potent and the Pista can be fun.

On looks, its entirely subjective. To my eyes the 458 Italia and Spider are some of the most beautiful Ferraris ever. I like how clean they are. The Pista is second, its aggression to the maximum. But that’s just how I see it.

I love both, but in reality its kind of like asking whats better, ice cream or cake. The answer is both!

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

IloveGT, squires and sampelligrino like this.
  5. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    If its all about sound then get a mustang GT, they sound incredible as do most Lambo's. Pista is the total package if you like to drive an all around sports car. If you just want to buzz by people with a lot of sound then the Pista is not for you.

6. Lobekay

Lobekay Rookie

Apr 14, 2018
    Full Name:
    Lob Lob
    I know 'someone' whose worst car day was when he traded a 991 Porsche 911 4S Cab for a 2016 CaliT (money value/practicality). Since then, the CaliT --> 2019 488 GTS. Yet, he still longs for the 4S Cab; what it lacked in V8 power was made up in handling, low gear fun, and feeling as 1 with the car. Now he llllonnnnggggs for a 911 Turbo S Cab with no plan to give up the 488.
    Meaning of this tall tale: don't trade what you truly love, Pista dominance and accolades notwithstanding. If finances or practicality prevent you from owning both, then I'd wait. . . until it's possible.
    Think of it as a good wife. . . don't give her up; wait and get a girlfriend in addition instead.

7. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    What in the world did I just read?

gzachary, Lukeylikey, SECRET and 6 others like this.
  8. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Yep. Had some.
    And it’s about more.

Ash Patel likes this.
  9. emmholla

emmholla Karting

Dec 15, 2018
    Do not sell that 458! It's a cream puff!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

10. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Keep it and add an F12 for the same output of a Pista.

11. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Missing a 4S Cab. Why? Capable car, good DD but aesthetically and driving dynamics are hardly exciting. I have had a dozen Porsches over the last 2 decades, and I do not miss any of them.

12. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    but if wife is good, why risk having a girlfriend and half of estate! lol.

13. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    except gt4. I did miss the gt4.

14. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    the girlfriend part?

15. XSpeed

XSpeed Formula Junior

Jan 6, 2019
    Full Name:
    SX
    what is the issue with pista, isn't it stable when kickdown?

16. SECRET

SECRET Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 19, 2007
    No issue. It's just that you get up to illegal speeds in little time.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  17. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    The Pista is actually more stable than the 458, but it is so much more powerful. Especially the torque of Pista. It means you need to be that much more deliberate and careful about how and when you apply power. The 458 is just more forgiving in this regard. Just two different ways, each with their prose and cons.

gzachary likes this.
  18. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    That’s some depreciation right there !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Caeruleus11, PTG1 and IloveGT like this.
  19. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    that's right! 50% depreciation is so much!

plastique999 and PTG1 like this.
  20. hairdoc

hairdoc Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2015
    canada
    Full Name:
    HR
    if you keep the pista and 458 in different cities, less risk of the two worlds colliding:) and avoid 50% estate depreciation.

willcrook likes this.
  21. hairdoc

hairdoc Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2015
    canada
    Full Name:
    HR
    i had a 458 spider, went to california T and then portofino. I just got my Pista coupe and there is no comparison, imho, pista by far is best decision.

SECRET, Art138 and Gh21631 like this.
  22. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    That’s quite a journey did you feel like the California and Portofino were a let down since they’re more GT cars after you had the 458?

23. hairdoc

hairdoc Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2015
    canada
    Full Name:
    HR
    The Cali T and Portofino were holding cars until i got my desired F8 spider that i had on order. The GT aspect / back seats of the cali and portofino provided more family outings with my two small kids and wife. Plus they were easy cars to use daily to go to work. Overall, i was underwhelmed by the cali T, although i did like the portofino but both were not the same as the 458, i missed that thrill. So getting the pista was huge step up on all of them and i am super happy,. unfortunately, the family was dissapointed by taking away their ferrari ride.
    i still have the f8 on order, but i don't have an allocation yet. So i am not sure what i will decide on for a daily driver to keep the pista company. i am leaning more and more towards an f12 or a reasonable priced/depreciated 812.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  24. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Complaints about cars that are not fast enough and now there are those that opine that the latest super cars are too fast. What's next - upset about wives who want sex too often?

25. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Get an FF or a Lusso for the family.

Caeruleus11 and PTG1 like this.