Should GM be suing Ferrari for copying the styling of the C8? | FerrariChat

Should GM be suing Ferrari for copying the styling of the C8?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by bitzman, Nov 27, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    Maybe my eye prescription is off but I kept seeing pictures of this car and thinking "Oh, Chevy's already changed the C8." Then i realized it's just the Ferrari 488 GT Modificata, another dedicated race car, that the website Motor1 says "sort of falls between the 488 GTE and the 488 GT3, blending the best aspects of both into a new offering.

Since it us not for the street Ferrari can show no restraint, increasing the maximum power to around 700 horsepower (521 kilowatts). There's a carbon-fiber clutch and a gearbox
    with different ratios.

Gallery: Ferrari 488 GT Modificata
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    6 Photos
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login [​IMG][​IMG]
    488 GT3 EVO tuned for the GT Modificata.

The goodies include data acquisition systems like V-Box and Brembo’s. Data can be downloaded directly onto a USB stick for easy transferring. The race car’s other standard features include a high-res rear-view camera, a second seat, and a tire pressure monitoring system that tracks both pressure and temperature. , The 488 GT Modificata will have a limited production run and will initially only be available to drivers who recently participated in Ferrari’s Competizioni GT or Club Competizioni GT series. I wonder how long it will be before some entrepreneur comes up with a tail cap that copies the for bolting onto the C8 Corvette?

Here's a video
    Introducing the Ferrari 488 GT Modificata - YouTube
    I'll make a painting as soon as I can find an inspirational shot...

2. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    Probably not- real Corvettes have round tail lights!

turbokraft, JAhmed and jm2 like this.