Shop to fix curb rash | FerrariChat

Shop to fix curb rash

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by Gum12345, Jun 23, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gum12345

Gum12345 Karting

Jul 8, 2017
    USA
    Had an incident today that led to curb rash (too much for just touch up). Can someone recommend a shop in NY preferably in Long Island who can do a great job at a reasonable cost?

Also what is reasonable cost to do this? Of course for every car where I purchased insurance on wheels and tires, this never happened. For the one that I didn't, now it did.

2. Ski Bum

Ski Bum Formula 3

Jun 19, 2012
    I got a slight bend in a 458 forged rim from a pothole, and FoLI brought it to their usual wheel repair shop. The repair was perfect. I think FoLI used Elite in Plainview.

3. Gum12345

Gum12345 Karting

Jul 8, 2017
    USA
    Thanks. I tried to take to long Island rim repair today but the guy basically doesn't want my business. Ended up calling mobile wheel repair (guy does work for MB). So far looks good. Will give it another week before final judgment.

4. mnogj

mnogj Karting

Jun 17, 2005
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Can you share the mobile wheel repair guys number and price to repair a curb rash?
    Thanks

5. Gum12345

Gum12345 Karting

Jul 8, 2017
    USA
    Give me a few days. Will provide info once I have a better assessment of how well the job is done. By the way, where are you located? The guy won't go far (apparently he is kept busy being close by where he lives). I drove to him and had my wheel done in the back of a MB parking lot. He did give me a price break (at least he claimed for me going to him instead the other way around)