SF90 vs 765LT Drag and Roll Races | Page 5 | FerrariChat

SF90 vs 765LT Drag and Roll Races

Discussion in 'SF90 Stradale' started by FikseGTS, Feb 22, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Just an easy/quick measure. Plus for most juveniles/fanbois - a streetlight encounter is the extent of their 'racing' careers.

2. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    #102 paulchua, Apr 21, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2021
    From my armchair, reading magazines, watching videos - I think the 765 is the faster car once going.

Looking forward to seeing more standing/track times. It's a great time to be a car enthusiast, and what McLaren is doing on and off the track is great. Much respect.

3. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Brooks already has V-Box data of the SF90 running 9.4X with full fuel, two in the car and a pretty abysmal DA. The 765LT has done 9.33 on a drag strip with stock tyres, but on a day where conditions were absolutely stunning. The DA was even sub sea. The SF90 should outrun the Bugatti as well as the 765LT.

paulchua and REALZEUS like this.
  4. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    While I'm all for the track and B road driving, I'm not afraid to say that I also enjoy a good drag race, and thus I think it's fun to see what the cars can do. Like driving these cars on a road course vs. an actual race car, it is not the same running them down a strip as it is running a 2500+ hp methanol burning door slammer down a strip. It's just about having some fun.

The problem with running these cars down a drag strip and posting it on Youtube, does present one problem. People who are outside of this world, get the idea in their heads, that the car that is the fastest down the drag strip, is also the best and the most fun to drive. The same can be said for how the "fanboys" view road course times. If we compare a 991.2 GT3RS and a 981 GT4, I find the GT4 much better and more fun on the B road than the GT3RS. I know which one is faster, but I also know which one I like the most.

5. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Nice!!!!