SF90 Spider depreciation | FerrariChat

SF90 Spider depreciation

Discussion in 'SF90 Stradale' started by Malek, Apr 24, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Malek

Malek Rookie

Apr 20, 2021
    Full Name:
    Malek
    Might the SF90 spider increase in value? If not, how heavy would you predict the depreciation to be

2. 360spydr

360spydr Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2010
    Reno/Tahoe NV, Seattle WA and Portland OR
    Full Name:
    KJ
    Malek,
    I’m on the waitlist for a spider. As they aren’t limited cars, I am expecting it to be similar to my other spiders at about 25%-30% over 3-4 years. One never knows, but 360 to 430 to 458 to 488 have all been about that range +/- On a $650K car (my expected config)...gulp! I’m bracing for $200K over 4 years. Perhaps others will chime in with more relevant experience.
    KJ

Malek likes this.
  3. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    I think it's a little early to talk depreciation.

It is not limited, but it is fairly low volume. I don't think it will be too bad.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

JJ77 likes this.
  4. JJ77

JJ77 Formula Junior

Oct 3, 2020
    True, limited production time, won’t be the 1000 Coupes 1000 Spiders hinted at, 2 years production of 500 each, but won’t be far off and certainly a rare recent Ferrari.

5. john12469

john12469 Rookie

Apr 22, 2021
    Full Name:
    John Cortese
    I own Car dealerships and unfortunately that will most likely be the case. There always has to be enough separation between a pre owned one and a new one and it is all base on supply and demand. Definitely better than the other high end cars based on percentage.

6. spyderman

spyderman Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Toronto - Canada
    Full Name:
    Spyderman
    Interesting to see how the SP90 will hold their values.

My dealer said they are only getting 10 SP 90 spiders a year for two years...20 spiders total. My dealer ended up getting 35 Pista coups and they are getting a 100 k over asking on the coups... different cars but ratio is about half.

It also matters what new models Ferrari launches over the next three to four years.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  7. JJ77

JJ77 Formula Junior

Oct 3, 2020
    From the Intial hints of 500 per year Coupe for 2 years and same for the Spider, the dealers I know are estimating this + 25% looking at how their allocations have panned out so far.

Malek and spyderman like this.
  8. YellowMurci

YellowMurci Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 17, 2005
    NyC Baby!
    Full Name:
    Harry
    another depreciation thread... :rolleyes:

Rrr1, crinoid, jimmyb and 1 other person like this.
  9. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    #9 Lukeylikey, May 6, 2021
    Last edited: May 6, 2021
    Registration figures for Europe 1st qtr 2021 are 164 SF90 if that helps. Total F is 1,267 with the highest being F8 at 474, Roma at 251 and 812 at 221. Interestingly 73 488s got registered - must be Pista, probably spiders.

It rarely follows but if you extrapolated, about 650 coupe will be registered in Europe this year, meaning about 1,200-1,500 globally? My guess is that’s a bit high and they are working hard now to fulfil a backlog but I reckon about 2k coupes for this year and next will be produced (total guess but based on the stats above which are accurate). Next year will also be spider and I’m not sure anyone could be confident that there will be much fewer built than the coupe. Old lesson is, if you’re only buying it for value alone, don’t. These could depreciate to the level that you are paying more in $ terms for 1,000hp than you do for 700. Should that be a surprise?

spyderman, Malek and Caeruleus11 like this.
  10. fiorano_1

fiorano_1 Rookie

Jun 12, 2012
    College Grove, Tennessee, USA
    Full Name:
    Blaise Barrelet
    Any SF90 Spiders delivered in the US yet?

11. YellowMurci

YellowMurci Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 17, 2005
    NyC Baby!
    Full Name:
    Harry
    Yes they are using them as Ubers in NYC

12. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Interesting, how the market has changed…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Glenn Quagmire

Glenn Quagmire Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 13, 2019
    USA
    More interesting, is how the world has changed…

ScottS and Thecadster like this.
  14. Rrr1

Rrr1 Formula Junior

Dec 24, 2018
    Full Name:
    Rrr1
  15. Glenn Quagmire

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 13, 2019
    USA
    Wonder if the MSRP of this was/is known? Guessing that after all the counting was done, the delta at ~$400K. Shall be interesting to see where spider values go and how this model trends over time. Mine is on a boat somewhere…waiting to get held up at the port lol.

16. Rrr1

Rrr1 Formula Junior

Dec 24, 2018
    Full Name:
    Rrr1
    Gotta be 100 more for a spider bare minimum

17. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Why does it have to be that? Normally Spiders are higher priced due to lower production numbers, but when it comes to the SF90 they seem to have been produced in very similar numbers. Some even speculate that by the end of production, there will be more SF90 Spiders than coupè versions.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

ferrari-ger likes this.
  18. U-Boat Commander

U-Boat Commander Formula 3

Jun 7, 2008
    USA
    Don't you know the two axioms of convertibles?

Top goes down, price goes up.

Top goes down, panties come off.

LOL

19. JJ77

JJ77 Formula Junior

Oct 3, 2020
    Hi, anymore follow up on these numbers? Been talking to UK dealer and he thinks based on their allocations for late 2020 and 2021 until SF90 order book closed end of 2021, he estimates that there are less than 160 UK Coupes supplied, with close to a 50/50 split on Standard & Assetto Fiorano Cars.. heard anything your end? Maybe someone in UK could set up a SF90 Owners Registry if the numbers work out this low. I would imagine SF90 Spider numbers will be close to the same figures as Coupe based on timed production run.

20. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
  21. JJ77

JJ77 Formula Junior

Oct 3, 2020
    Thanks, missed that.. só based on the euro and USA numbers, UK number based on country historical percentages, would indeed be about 140 to 150 UK cars total coupe production. Presuming about 55% Standard Cars (82) & 45% Assetto Fiorano Cars (67j. If I find time will look into researching for a SF90 Registry.

Glenn Quagmire likes this.
  22. Glenn Quagmire

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 13, 2019
    USA
    So, with this in mind, can we assume about that same number of UK spiders as well? I’m really curious how it might break down for US numbers of both coupe and spider?! Really would be nice to find a registry somewhere…

23. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    Its odd . In the UK a friend with a £500k car, can't sell for the asking price and is looking at sizable loss, his dealer has been trying to sell it for him at cost for about 6 months, for a rare Ferrari [ if numbers above are correct that seems very odd] . He asked them if they Part exchange it against a Pista spider he is buying, but they said said they did not want it, or were too embarrassed to offer him 50/60K less, which now seems to be the asking price.
    If you fancy a RHD car in the USA you could pick up a bargain.

24. Glenn Quagmire

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 13, 2019
    USA
    Indeed, that does seem odd. Is there something unique about the build or color?

25. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Maybe its just that the UK market has realised the emperor has no clothes