Service delays | FerrariChat

Service delays

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by 73RS#007, Mar 2, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 73RS#007

73RS#007 Rookie

Dec 15, 2018
    Full Name:
    Bryan Villo
    Has anyone had issues with Ferrari of Atlanta service department? I had my transmission seal replaced. I had issues ever since I got it back but was able to drive it (clutch overheat light) but it would be right when I started the car so I knew it wasn't overheating. Then it started getting more severe in the form of transmission lights etc. I called to have it looked at. I made an appointment in December for Feb 15th (which was a long time I thought but I am new to Ferrari and figured it may just be this way) I called yesterday to check on the status and apparently my service advisor is no longer there and they put me on with the service manager who has to track my car down and see whats going on? I just called them last night but I was wondering if this is typical or not? I assume when someone gets replaced you would get a call from you're new service advisor letting you know what is going on. I will update after I hear from them.

2. F612

F612 Formula Junior

Feb 5, 2018
    Leeds,AL
    Full Name:
    David D. Hood
    I have experience with them. I have found them to be very good and competent.
    They have serviced my 612 for 3 years and my 575 for two.
    I am not aware of a current issues but have service date of 27 April.
    We’ll see.

3. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Yes! :D

4. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie
    BANNED Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO
    #4 ginoBBi512, Mar 2, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2021
    The way I see it, anytime my Ferrari is in for service, I figure its going to be at least 2-3 months, its almost like the service writers think they are doing you a favor by them working on your car, when it should be just the opposite , my car has been at the dealer for at least 9- 10 weeks,I stopped counting. For a fuse board rebuild, a coolant leak and a shift shaft seal replacement. Its just the way it is, same with motorcycle dealers, I dont know whos worse, the dealers,or the independents, for me, I just dont care, as long as I dont have to keep taking my car back, or having a snob nose service writer fail to do a warranty job on my car, and then charge me more money on the other stuff I wanted done, to cover his so called time on the warranty , this happened to me at a shop here in Los Angeles, I dont care how long they keep my car. Im used to it now, after so many years of Ferrari and bike ownership. I sincerely hope you get your machine back soon !! I feel fortunate, I have some bikes I can ride while my Ferrari is in the shop, some are Italian, so you know what that means.

Thank you

5. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Gino, I don't know if you realize it, but that large bold print is so difficult to read and I think most people skip over it. I didn't read this post not only because of that, but also it helps to break up large paragraphs, that also makes reading easier.

ginoBBi512 and Jaguar36 like this.
  6. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie
    BANNED Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO
    I did not realize that, I was using the bold so I could read it better lol , so sorry I will stick to this font and size,

Thank you

7. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Well I was trying to be careful how I said it because I didn't know if it was an issue of eyesight. I guess if it really helps you, but then you have to read everyone else's posts in regular font.:)

ginoBBi512 likes this.