Sept. 29th Greenville Delaware Exotic Car show | Page 7 | FerrariChat

Sept. 29th Greenville Delaware Exotic Car show

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by turbos7903, Jul 9, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sbpwjm

sbpwjm Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2007
    Red Bank, NJ
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I think it is just reflecting orange... but I suppose it could be glowing. : )

2. Radnor

Radnor Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2007
    USA
    Maybe it is a reflection. I will have to look again but I didn't think that the exhaust manifold was shiny enough anymore to be that reflective.

3. Radnor

Radnor Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2007
    USA
    Yes, that's the one Alex. Winner winner chicken dinner.

4. Alxlee

Alxlee F1 Rookie

Apr 8, 2002
    Wilmington, DE
    Full Name:
    Alex Lee
    Thanks! I have fun doing them, and Bob's style and eye is completely different than mine. I'm more candid...get the moment as it happens as you say. Bob is definitely more artistic, more ~photo school/technically correct~ than I am. You're more likely to hang up one of Bob's ~photographs~ than my ~shots~.

@Bob...counter? Don't bother looking...I want to say that unless you click directly into a picture instead of using slideshow, which I'm sure most people use, it probably doesn't count it correctly anyway.

You mean Jon's daughter ;) or the one in jeans that came in the orange GT3 RS? Between my shots and Steve taking my camera and taking some I had about 520 pictures from Saturday and wanted to limit the number of posted shots down to 250ish. Also, in case Nick decided to send the album link out to the PCA folks, I didn't want to offend anyone's friend/daughter/girlfriend/wife/etc...

Unfortunately, I had a pool tournament match at 4 PM and had to leave before you guys got back so I missed it!

5. autowerks9

autowerks9 Formula 3
    BANNED Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2009
    North Wales, Pa.
    Full Name:
    David S.
    Most people would rather a pic of me than some silly yellow 914......

I was just hoping she would ask for my number ;-)

6. Alxlee

Alxlee F1 Rookie

Apr 8, 2002
    Wilmington, DE
    Full Name:
    Alex Lee
    Ooooooh, I have a couple shots of her...she came in the orange GT3 RS so I wasn't sure if that was someone's daughter/girlfriend/etc...

7. Alxlee

Alxlee F1 Rookie

Apr 8, 2002
    Wilmington, DE
    Full Name:
    Alex Lee
    And you gave her your racecar number instead of a phone number?

8. Radnor

Radnor Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2007
    USA
    The glowing thing gives me an idea. Have to take the R500 out at night to see if we can catch her belching flames like some have written about in mag reviews. Then, we might also get a shot of some glowing pipes.

9. Radnor

Radnor Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2007
    USA
    Feel free to post them Alex. I will try to not be offended.

10. rcraig

rcraig F1 Rookie

Dec 7, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Bob Craig
    Doug, We should hook up on the cat and see if you run it hard for a while and come screaming to a stop past me I can get the glowing pipes and brakes at the same time.I'll put up a couple shots for you pervs in a few.

Bob

11. nickd

nickd Formula Junior

Nov 20, 2006
    Landenberg PA
    Full Name:
    Nick Dunlop
    nope she took a ride with Les T in the gt3rs - from greenville 2 to greenville 1 - she came in the blue Audi (I'm not sure that reads right but I think you know what I mean)

12. swexlin

swexlin Formula 3

Dec 3, 2010
    West Chester, PA
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Thanks Bob. I, for one, want to see more pics. Oh, and some of the cars too, LOL!

13. nickd

nickd Formula Junior

Nov 20, 2006
    Landenberg PA
    Full Name:
    Nick Dunlop
    talking of audis what do you think to this

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqJDuZIcQ34[/ame]

:)

14. tommy6030

tommy6030 Rookie

Mar 27, 2007
    The girl in the Blue Audi S5 is my girlfriend and also a close family friend to Les Tronzo

15. Oakes Detail

Oakes Detail Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2009
    West Chester, PA
    Full Name:
    Oakes Detail
    Thats the one haha, she was complementing the M3 as I was getting ready to leave, alex, alan and marc all know how exhausted I was and it didnt register an attractive female was talking to me until I pulled out. :head-desk:

And if it is anyones daughter/girlfriend/sister or so, please take this as more of a compliment...shes at least closer to my age!! haha

16. nickd

nickd Formula Junior

Nov 20, 2006
    Landenberg PA
    Full Name:
    Nick Dunlop
    #167 nickd, Oct 1, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2012
  17. rcraig

rcraig F1 Rookie

Dec 7, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Bob Craig
    Are you guys talking about Danica?

18. Alxlee

Alxlee F1 Rookie

Apr 8, 2002
    Wilmington, DE
    Full Name:
    Alex Lee
    LOL, nice but her boyfriend might not be too happy that you're giving out his number to a bunch of guys.

19. autowerks9

autowerks9 Formula 3
    BANNED Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2009
    North Wales, Pa.
    Full Name:
    David S.
    She is the "executive director" I believe of Nemesis Motorsport, blue Audi A5. Works with Les t. alot through Sportscar Tire.....Time to start shopping for new wheels.

20. Radnor

Radnor Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2007
    USA
    @ Oakes....age is just a number and I happen to know women tend to like mature men.

Bob, hmmm....wonder if some evening/dusk shooting at some point would be indicated. I think I have at least one photo from an article with flame shooting from the exhaust. With it being so light, I sort of doubt that the rotors get hot enough to glow. Believe it or not, with almost 4,000 miles on her - almost all of them on track - I am on the original pads and rotors. I am on my second set of tires - yes they are done - only because I flat-spotted my right front on the original set going into turn 1 at Lightning.

The Evo on the other hand sure heats up the rotors. I have actually had small bits of rubber catch fire twice. Yes, actual flames coming from the brakes. Had to drive around the paddock to put the fire out. A set of Ferodo DS2500 last about 2-3 track days and they are gone.

21. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Ya know guys, they're all someone's friend, daughter, etc, and if they were there all day, they were absolutely the friend, or daughter of someone you know.

In this instance, she's a close friend of one of our guys, and as a result, maybe we could dial back the rhetoric a little?

Dave

22. dlbutler

dlbutler Formula 3

Sep 18, 2009
    Oh well, that leaves me out. :)

23. VGM911

VGM911 Formula 3

Apr 8, 2007
    New Jersey
    #174 VGM911, Oct 1, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2012
    Dm_n_stuff makes a valid point, yet I consider photographs of women (and children) taken at these events to be flattering examples of good portraiture...and if the women happen to be attractive, so much the better. A good example is the blonde girl in the bright sweater looking at the camera in post #161 (that's an effective use of "depth of field" to create the blurred background behind the subject).

Are the photos taken at these events ever salacious? Maybe...and perhaps some are, but sometimes that's more in the eyes of the beholder rather than the photographer. Just sayin'.

24. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Jerry,
    I think Dave was referring more to the comments than the photos themselves.