Senna Premiere in STL, Sept 2nd | FerrariChat

Senna Premiere in STL, Sept 2nd

Discussion in 'Midwest - USA (NE, KS, OK, MO, AR)' started by Andog, Aug 17, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Andog

Andog Karting

Jul 17, 2011
    Southern Illinois
    Full Name:
    Andy S
    #1 Andog, Aug 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    For the F1 fan, the movie Senna a Sundance Film Festival winner will have its St. Louis premiere on Friday, Sept 2 at the Tivoli Theater in the Delmar Loop area.... A 7pm and 930pm viewing will have a pre show Q and A with Todd McCandless of F1Blog.com.... Arranging for giveaways and to have a few cars on display...If you have ideas on a car or two that could be displayed please PM or post.. Looks as if Chicago and Indy are the other close locations... Visit www.landmarktheaters.com or www.rockketsled.com for information.. You can buy tickets online..It looks as if it will be in town for a week.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. fat cab

fat cab Formula Junior

May 20, 2006
    ST.LOUIS,MO
    Full Name:
    tim c
    Todd's a great guy, should be a good time..

3. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    Is your buddy gonna show up drunk and heckle Todd at this event too?

:p:p:p

4. fat cab

fat cab Formula Junior

May 20, 2006
    ST.LOUIS,MO
    Full Name:
    tim c
    YEP! If all goes well!! sept2 is my b-day.. I'll be the one doing the heckling.. Wonder if Todd ever got a chance to attend an F1 race yet..

5. GuyIncognito

Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    well I guess we'll have to have ourselves a little b-day party for Mr. FatCab :D

6. Andog

Andog Karting

Jul 17, 2011
    Southern Illinois
    Full Name:
    Andy S
    Please note that there is no fundraising component as mentioned in flyer.... Just a great time at the theater with great people... See everyone there!

7. bkniep

bkniep Karting

Dec 31, 2008
    St Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Bill Kniep
    #7 bkniep, Aug 18, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2011
    I'll be there. Since Senna won with Honda, don't we need some 90 accords and civics for display.

I propose a meet up off site and drive in to the theatre. Enjoy the show and adjourn to the roof top bar at the Moonrise Hotel after. Maybe we can get the valet spots at the Moonrise for special parking area.
    Thoughts?

8. Jeff Kennedy

Jeff Kennedy F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2007
    Edwardsville, IL
    Full Name:
    Jeff Kennedy
    Bill,

Think you already have a fine plan for all of us.

Jeff

9. Andog

Andog Karting

Jul 17, 2011
    Southern Illinois
    Full Name:
    Andy S
    The Moonrise would be perfect pre or post... I reached out to the GM there and got no response.. If you have a connection that would be great... There isnt a formal or informal gathering after the shows and many people will be looking for a place to have a drink and socialize.. The theater holds 420 people so a small percentage of theater goers would be a nice bump to the bar...

10. bkniep

bkniep Karting

Dec 31, 2008
    St Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Bill Kniep
    I do have a connection there. We put up all our winemakers and sales reps that work the Missouri market there. I've left Martin a message and will see what i can come up with. Even if we can't get the secure front parking lot, they might block off a section of their lot for us. I'll let you know what I hear.

Bill

11. SoIllFerrari

SoIllFerrari Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2005
    IL
    Full Name:
    CD
    Count me in for this one. I can't wait.

12. bkniep

bkniep Karting

Dec 31, 2008
    St Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Bill Kniep
    We are all set at the Moonrise. They will hold their front valet spaces for us (up to 9 cars) and save some secure parking in the back for overflow. Spaces will be available at 6:15 and first come first served for Ferrari vehicles (or other exotics).
    We can park up and walk down to the Tivoli then regather and have a cocktail on the rooftop bar or in the restaurant. I suggest if we do use their parking, we stay for a drink or some food.
    They will also make a special room rate available if people want to stay over, but I don't have the deatils yet.
    Bill

13. Andog

Andog Karting

Jul 17, 2011
    Southern Illinois
    Full Name:
    Andy S
    Great news on the Moonrise.... It's only fair to share a little love to them... Will make sure at the movie Q and A that it gets mentioned as a post movie opportunity for those that miss the postings...

14. bkniep

bkniep Karting

Dec 31, 2008
    St Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Bill Kniep
    Final word.
    We have 8 spots out front at the Moonrise for exotics parking. There are 6 more for overflow under security cameras in the lot behind the hotel. Arrive anytime after 6 for access, but since I organized, somebody save me a spot :)
    Hope to see lots of FCars there.
    Bill

15. GuyIncognito

Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    #15 GuyIncognito, Sep 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  16. Randy

Randy Formula 3

Nov 9, 2003
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    Randy
    how was the movie?

17. Jeff Kennedy

Jeff Kennedy F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2007
    Edwardsville, IL
    Full Name:
    Jeff Kennedy
    Great movie. It is so much about the trials and tribulations of the person that one need not be an F1 junkie to enjoy it.

Jeff

18. Andog

Andog Karting

Jul 17, 2011
    Southern Illinois
    Full Name:
    Andy S
    Very good movie indeed.... The in car camera footage from a few of the races were great to see, more exciting than the current in car cameras.... Great crowds for both the 7 and 930 shows...Met a few new people...A lot of fun.... Next up is the Kemp Museum event in a few weeks, I plan to attend.

19. jssans

jssans Formula Junior

Jun 1, 2005
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Josh
    When Jackie Stewart interviewed Senna, you could almost step inside of Senna's mind.

20. Jeff Kennedy

Jeff Kennedy F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2007
    Edwardsville, IL
    Full Name:
    Jeff Kennedy
    I think it also shows the evolving ethics (or lack thereof) for racing. Shumi took Senna's no prisoners tactics to another level. Guess it has some to do with the durability of the cars - in an earlier time some of the Senna and Shumi tactics would have killed competitors instead of just walking away from a broken car.

Jeff