Sell testarossa for gallardo? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Sell testarossa for gallardo?

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by bpu699, Jun 21, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

#26 Natkingcolebasket69, Jun 25, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2020
    l base legendary and iconic on the below:
    -star car of Miami Vice that Americans love so much is one
    -last Ferrari flat 12
    -last production car signed off by Enzo - after that it’s the f40 and it’s a special edition
    -last production car mid engine with a 12 cylinder, I’d say the laf and f50 are special edition
    -poster car of the 80’s with the countach

To me it’s an icon, people stop you, thumbs up and all that a lot in the Testarossa. There was a 5th gear episode like 10 years ago and the general public voted its favorite Ferrari ever. It’s a special car In peoples mind.

In the grand scheme of things, yes 7k tr is a lot but compared to anything AFTER it’s not that much , still in my opinion of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Parnelli and blkdiablo33 like this.
  2. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
  3. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    7k total world wide how many left and in great condiotion?how many are in usa not as much as people think

4. Natkingcolebasket69

Agreed!

Gary Sandberg and blkdiablo33 like this.
  5. PineChris

PineChris Formula 3

Apr 17, 2013
    California
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Definitely a cool car. I agree on the Miami Vice aspect..only way I would own it as thats what made me love it.

The Countach overshadows the Testarossa by far.

Parnelli and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  6. Natkingcolebasket69

Agreed the countach is a crazy cool car !

PineChris likes this.
  7. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    when you see it - yes
    but when you drive and compare - no

8. Natkingcolebasket69

Yes - most reviews have not been favorable on how it drove back then compared to
    The TR for sure!

blkdiablo33 likes this.
  9. JohnMH

JohnMH Formula 3

Jan 28, 2004
    Dubai / Bologna
    At risk of restarting an irrelevant debate for this thread, my TR is an easy, comfy, musical highway cruiser. My wife likes driving our TR. In comparison, our Countach is arrogant, hard edged, loud, hard to see out of and the engine sound makes it seem perpetually pissed off. Despite its lack of convenience I absolutely adore it.

Different tools for different jobs.

10. PineChris

PineChris Formula 3

Apr 17, 2013
    California
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Highly disagree.. The Countach is far more exciting and rewarding to drive.

Shark01 likes this.
  11. MOSS

MOSS Formula 3

Apr 28, 2004
    Can't remember who that was. Seems like there were two actually.

Shark01 likes this.
  12. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Well I'm happy you are still around, as one proper V12 lambo owner to another :)

Shark01 likes this.
  13. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    Thanks....I like Ferrari Chat, even though Ferraris lost the last 3 purchases for one reason or another. Hopefully get to try again in 5-6 years. This last time, I thought for sure it would be a Ferrari....until an un-obtainable became well......quite obtainable.

Auraraptor likes this.
  14. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    A very exciting car, go find the Matt Farrah video, it's the most honest recent non-owner (well he did buy one later) review there is from someone with a good amount of driving skill. All of the "never meet your hero" reviews that turn out to be negative revolve around ergonomics (except the scary brakes), which truth be told are a challenge.

I'm horizontally challenged, but pretty flexible so was able to get by for a short drive, alot of fun in the kind of car never to be seen again......makes me appreciate the Diablo, which has good ergonomics, good brakes, 75 more hp, a roof that comes off (try that trick Countach and Miura) but feels very close to the Countach in DNA, just a touch less raw.

And the air con still sucks, so you know it's a true Lamborghini....LOL.

Auraraptor likes this.
  15. PineChris

PineChris Formula 3

Apr 17, 2013
    California
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Im 6ft , about 180lbs and find the Countach more comfortable than the TR, and yes the Diablo is more comfortable than both. The Countach brakes are terrible but the Testarossas are only marginally better. The Diablo is a better car than both losing to the Countach as my favorite only based on sentimental value. The a/c on my Diablo works well. Ive driven the car here in temps of 110 degrees and its quite comfortable. Ive done the same in my Countach and you are always on the verge of breaking a sweat, until you stop somewhere and open the door. Then its never cooling down.

16. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Strange, I am 6'2" and I find the TR to be very very comfortable. Much more so then either a Countach or my old 328.

Agreed that Diablos are even more comfortable than the TR (but more just more modern honestly than more plush), but technically harder to drive given its blind spots. Agree on the AC!

Natkingcolebasket69 and Shark01 like this.
  17. PineChris

PineChris Formula 3

Apr 17, 2013
    California
    Full Name:
    Chris
    The problem for me with the TR is that the bottom portion of seat doesn't go far enough back . The back portion reclines well but this leaves your butt pushed forward towards the steering wheel to much. I actually prefer the Countach seats . I dont think the Diablo is harder to drive than Testa. Even my wife prefers to drive the Diablo.

Auraraptor likes this.
  18. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    Awww crap, time to sell....LOL

19. RossoC360

RossoC360 Formula Junior
    Owner

Jun 20, 2008
    Buffalo NY
    Full Name:
    Jason
    #44 RossoC360, Jun 26, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2020
    I was thinking more like time to meet his wife :)

I agree, the diablo is a pleasure to drive, im 6"2 180lbs and fit without a problem.

Auraraptor and PineChris like this.
  20. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    I disagree. I´m only 5´8" and when I sit in the countach I not see right at all ends. going backword is terrible because when I open the door and sit there I not see the right rear end of the car, the brakes are bad after slowing down from 240 km/h to 80 km/h several times. also I feel not save in this car - even it looks great :)

BigTex likes this.
  21. PineChris

PineChris Formula 3

Apr 17, 2013
    California
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Maybe you drove a bad a Countach.. Countach feels rock solid compared to TR. After you spend time in a Countach things like backing up, visibility etc all come into there own.

22. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    alone when I see the small side windows to open I get sick :(

23. bka80s

bka80s Karting

Feb 4, 2020
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Brian Alexander
    Some of you may have viewed these already, but I recommend them as a ‘must-watch’. These two videos, in my opinion, describe and define the Testarossa perfectly and keep the conversation in context (as in, these cars are 30+ years old). The comparison of the Testarossa to the Countach are spot on also. Great conversation in both videos! Enjoy.

24. PineChris

PineChris Formula 3

Apr 17, 2013
    California
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I can see that. My wife gets claustrophobic in the Countach. Doesn't bother me at all.

25. PineChris

PineChris Formula 3

Apr 17, 2013
    California
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Bringing this back to the Testarossa vs Gallardo conversation. If you are looking for something far more modern, faster , reliable then the Gallardo should make you happy. Its an amazing car. I personally could only have one thats manual transmission. Id never trade a nice Testarossa for an egear Gallardo.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login