Selector fork torque setting? | FerrariChat

Selector fork torque setting?

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by hnichols, Apr 4, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. hnichols

hnichols Karting

Apr 15, 2020
    Chicago IL
    Full Name:
    Hugh Nicholson
    Hi guys,
    I've just adjusted the shift selector fork (from under the car with the gearbox sump plate off) so that it engages reverse and first again. Quick question: does anyone know the torque value for the 13mm pinch bolt that you loosen so that the fork pivots? I tightened it down nice and snug, but I don't want it to loosen up and go out of adjustment. I also don't want to break or strip anything. (Couldn't find my answer using the search function; maybe someone remembers or else has access to the service manual.) My car is an '87.

And is there a torque value for the 16 10mm sump nuts?

Many thanks!

2. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    The M8 bolt with 13mm head is 25Nm
    The M6 nuts with 10mm heads is 8-10 Nm

3. hnichols

hnichols Karting

Apr 15, 2020
    Chicago IL
    Full Name:
    Hugh Nicholson
    Awesome! Thank you!

4. moysiuan

moysiuan F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2005
    Canada
    I used a bit of Loctite 263 medium threadlocker. It is easy to overtighten these bolts, as the actual torque spec is quite low. Also be really careful with the torque on the gear selector finger plate's four nuts, as you can easily pull the stud out of the aluminum casting (I suspect a prior mechanic did on mine, I used high strength epoxy to set in a new stud). I used these types of locknuts which can survive the oil bath.

https://www.belmetric.com/metric-fuji-nuts-c-3_272/