Seeking info ... 328GTS at Cats Exotics (north of Seattle) | FerrariChat

Seeking info ... 328GTS at Cats Exotics (north of Seattle)

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by RJHD3, Nov 25, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RJHD3

RJHD3 Rookie

Aug 16, 2013
    Seattle
    Hey all. Cats has had what appears to be a consignment car for a few months that is claimed as a former concourse winner.

However the carfax only goes back to 2008 for the vehicle. I’ve never seen that before and it raises some flags.

Has anyone encountered missing history like that before? They just lowered it to $89k ($5K over new in 1989!) and I’m quite curious about it. I might even consider selling my Alfa 4C for a car I’ve wanted since childhood. But the gap makes me quite nervous.

Link for those curious, which includes a free carfax:
    http://www.catsexotics.com/vehicle-details/1989-ferrari-328-gts-lynnwood-wa-id-36741856

Anyone know anything about this car, or the owner?

thanks!

2. ChuckEBaby

ChuckEBaby Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 7, 2003
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Chuck
    I don't know the Ownership History, but rest assured the current Owner spared no expense maintaining this Car.

Flea7, wiley355 and RJHD3 like this.
  3. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    I'm not sure that would make you nervous. If the car didn't change ownership for a long time in the 90s to 2008, there wouldn't be any relevant Carfax info.

If the car is well maintained, has records, and checks out well, carfax is irrelevant for a car this age.

Personally, I'd keep the 4C. :)