Second Ever Gathering at Autumn View Farm - Sunday, September 13 | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Second Ever Gathering at Autumn View Farm - Sunday, September 13

Discussion in 'New England' started by AVFPolo, Aug 4, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. karc

karc Formula Junior

Nov 19, 2003
    Thanks to Ed and Sandy! It was a fantastic afternoon on an absolutely stunning farm! It was great to meet several FChatters from the CT region. I'll have some photos up soon.

2. Deutsch Marques

Deutsch Marques Karting

Jun 18, 2008
    Feeding Hills MA
    Full Name:
    Eric J
    Thank you Ed and Sandy! What a great day thanks to your hospitality. Should you host another one, I would hate to miss it. GCP (Golf Cart Polo) was a blast, and I apologize for my driving foul in front of the guy who rented them to you.

Tina and I will download our pictures shortly, and post some of them up.

3. CustomFerrari

CustomFerrari Formula Junior

Aug 1, 2008
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Casey B.
    Wish I couldve made it up there sounds like it wouldve been a blast sadly no one would drive me

4. FJS961

FJS961 Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2008
    West Hartford,, CT
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I want to also extend my sincerest thanks to Ed and Sandy for hosting such a fantastic event. I can't tell you how happy I am to have met you guys (Gbury gang) and it was great today meeting a bunch of new people as well.

My Sundays may be limited for a while ...

5. UConn Husky

UConn Husky F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2006
    CT
    Full Name:
    Jay
    #105 UConn Husky, Sep 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  6. PatrickM

PatrickM Rookie

Sep 8, 2008
    Portland,ME
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    An absolutely outstanding event again this year! Ed and Sandy you truly are the "hosts with the most", thank you so very much for having us! The cars all looked great (except that filthy Cts-V) and golf cart polo is the most fun sport I have ever been involved in! I'm hooked!
    I'd also like to thank Lane and the rest of the Gbury crew for having us along for the drive up to the farm.
    And I most definitely want to thank Frank for the ride in the F430! What a fantastic automobile! I love it!
    I have some decent pictures to upload, hopefully by tomorrow afternoon they'll be up!

7. dipstick1

dipstick1 Formula Junior

May 24, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter Lombardo
    The pics look great It looked like a super turn out, We all appreciated the drive by of the Salem Cross during my big day. Thanks it was a great sound effect. Heck you could have made a few passes , we didnt have any camera' ready for the drive by ....darn

8. philvecc

philvecc Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Philip Vecchiarelli
    Let me add my family's thanks to Ed and Sandy as well. As usual it was a great time, and the the weather couldn't have been better. My grandaughter kept saying how much she loved the horses and the golf carts. Coming from a large family I know how much effort you have to go through to accomplish what you did, and from the reactions I heard all day you scored a 10+. Thanks again for the hospitality, and if you're ever in Longmeadow we'd love to return the favor.
    Phil & Patti, Brett, and Isabella

9. Manolis

Manolis Karting

Jun 16, 2009
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Manolis Christo
    Ed & Sandy,
    Thank you for having such a great event and opening your home to us. What a great estate, the horses, the land & the people. It was a fun day. It was great to meet you in person & I hope to see you soon!

--Manolis

10. Ispeed

Ispeed Karting

Oct 31, 2005
    Needham MA
    Full Name:
    Carl
    Ed and Sandy many thanks, a very classy and fun way to spend an afternoon. They could host Tutto next year without running out of room...
    Great people, great cars too.

11. Deutsch Marques

Deutsch Marques Karting

Jun 18, 2008
    Feeding Hills MA
    Full Name:
    Eric J
    #111 Deutsch Marques, Sep 14, 2009
    Here's a couple of the pictures I took with my little point and shoot. Quality isn't the greatest... I think I've dropped it one too many times. Tina should be off-loading her pictures from the camera soon, and she's got the MUCH nicer setup than I do. Once she's done, I'll try to post up some of hers. Let me know if you want a full-size copy of any of the pictures. I've reduced these to 25% for web-friendliness.

You can see all my pictures (not many) here: http://s302.photobucket.com/albums/nn116/VWOB5ESSION/2009%20AVF/
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. gec

gec Rookie

Aug 24, 2009
    Providence
    Full Name:
    Kenny
  13. fastradio

fastradio F1 Rookie
    BANNED Professional Ferrari Technician

Apr 26, 2006
    New England
    Full Name:
    David Feinberg
    So...Jay, is that what happens when cheese gets too close to the "cheese graters" on those "more modern" Ferrari's?? LOL!!!!

Nice to meet you, as well!

David

14. Saint Bastage

Saint Bastage F1 Rookie

Jun 1, 2007
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Lane
    I think it did a fine job. Those cubes where consistent and well cut. Yet another task performed to perfection by the 348. (clean up was a bit of a task)

15. DucatiMichael

DucatiMichael Rookie

Nov 10, 2008
    Thank you so much to Ed and Sandy! It was more than kind of you to share your farm with us on such a beautiful day and I truly feel honored to be one of the first two-wheelers up there for such an occasion.

My only regret was having to leave as early as I did. Naturally an entire summer of boring sundays, and the ONE day when this great event is taking place, there were *three* other events to go to. Thankfully Sturbridge isnt far at all and it made for a great 1-2 for the day.

Thank you both again for putting this together!

Michael

p.s. I took a ton of pics but I havent had the opportunity to get them sorted out just yet. I will have them up shortly and will post links here.

16. UConn Husky

UConn Husky F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2006
    CT
    Full Name:
    Jay
    That's EXACTLY what happens ;) TR's can do the same thing...but it's more fun on 348's :D

Gorgeous boxer you have, I still don't know how those headers weren't dragging the whole way :eek:

17. 74Dino

74Dino Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 30, 2009
    Thanks Ed and Sandy! The food and company were fantastic.

I also want to thank the drivers in my pack (Paul as leader) for keeping an eye on my little red 2 liter, and to the driver of the white Hyundai (wherever you are) for keeping it exciting.

I say we bring Golf Cart Polo national! Maybe the drivers should also have a mallet?

Michael (Glastonbury)

18. fastradio

fastradio F1 Rookie
    BANNED Professional Ferrari Technician

Apr 26, 2006
    New England
    Full Name:
    David Feinberg
    #118 fastradio, Sep 14, 2009
    Thank you...and here's proof that they (really) don't scrape the pavement...that often.

19. FJS961

FJS961 Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2008
    West Hartford,, CT
    Full Name:
    Frank
    loving the pics so far.......

20. FJS961

FJS961 Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2008
    West Hartford,, CT
    Full Name:
    Frank
    ... and the video ...

21. Saint Bastage

Saint Bastage F1 Rookie

Jun 1, 2007
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Lane
    Oh Allen....Very nice...Very nice indeed.

22. Market Mover

Market Mover Formula Junior

Aug 25, 2006
    Glastonbury CT
    can we do this again next sunday?
    thanks for the pictures and videos guys.

23. darthnefas

darthnefas Formula Junior

Jun 21, 2007
    Taunton MA
    Full Name:
    Allen...
    I'm about ready to second this!