Second Ever Gathering at Autumn View Farm - Sunday, September 13 | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Second Ever Gathering at Autumn View Farm - Sunday, September 13

Discussion in 'New England' started by AVFPolo, Aug 4, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Market Mover

Market Mover Formula Junior

Aug 25, 2006
    Glastonbury CT
    #76 Market Mover, Sep 12, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2009
    Done! email sent with my cell # if you get lost or we need to wait a bit.
    and no I am not in Maine just the number is :)

2. PatrickM

PatrickM Rookie

Sep 8, 2008
    Portland,ME
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    I'm in RI, we had some light rain today so we will be up early cleaning the cars! In the morning a fee of us will be headed west to CT to meet up with the Ongoing CT Gathering crew. Could someone email me the address to that Starbucks? I'm currently without a computer and my Iphone is offering sketchy Internet at the moment. It would be very helpful and greatly appreciated if we could have that to plug into the GPS!

We're bringing a couple baked items and it's very likely we will pretend they are homeade, if they are well recieved....

Can't wait to see everyone and all the cars!!!

3. mj_duell

mj_duell Formula 3

Nov 20, 2004
    S. Glastonbury, CT.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Just got done with a few quarts of some really tasty salsa. Only problem is I made it too hot. Hope you guys like spicy! Going to bed, see you guys around 9:30 - 10:00 in GBury.

--Mike

4. UConn Husky

UConn Husky F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2006
    CT
    Full Name:
    Jay
    If you sampled it excessively tonight...you can sit in the horse barn.

I like spicy :D

5. DucatiMichael

DucatiMichael Rookie

Nov 10, 2008
    Hey all. Picked up a nasty cold earlier this week so going to play it by ear. Feeling mostly better today but not 100%. Hopefully muchbetter tomorrow and will meet you at Glastonbury.

6. PatrickM

PatrickM Rookie

Sep 8, 2008
    Portland,ME
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    Rainy morning in charlestown,ri. We're coming but the cars will be filthy. See ya soon!

7. Saint Bastage

Saint Bastage F1 Rookie

Jun 1, 2007
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Lane
    Blah Blah Blah....

You wan to see dirty...I'll show you dirty.

8. Enfield Joe

Enfield Joe Karting

Oct 19, 2008
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Let's leave your boxer shorts out of this.

9. gec

gec Rookie

Aug 24, 2009
    Providence
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    Just about to leave RI...Weather is clearing up. Bringing the maxima, the mustang plus the HD Video Camera and ooohh a clean pair of boxers :)

10. j-bone

j-bone Rookie

Aug 18, 2009
    I want to thank Ed..... and Lane for extending the invitation.
    What an awesome place to spend a Sunday.
    It feels kinda special being one of the first bikes to be a part of it.

Jay

11. Enfield Joe

Enfield Joe Karting

Oct 19, 2008
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Joe
    #86 Enfield Joe, Sep 13, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2009
    Sandy & Ed, What kind and generous people you both are. My wife and I had such a great time today at your beautiful farm. Thank you so much for having us. The food was awesome. What a blast it was playing golf cart polo. We met a lot of great people that I hope to run into again in the future. Thanks again for bringing us all together.

12. enzoformenh

enzoformenh Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2004
    NH
    Full Name:
    Mike F
  13. Pepsi10

Pepsi10 Formula Junior

Nov 24, 2008
    InlandNorthWest
    Full Name:
    Mike M
    S&E,

Thanks so much for the relaxed hospitality. It was great to meet you guys, and some of the FChat community. And to see some great cars and bikes and horses!

You guys were great hosts. We really appreciate it, I'm sure it is a lot of work.

Sincerely,

M

14. enzoformenh

enzoformenh Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2004
    NH
    Full Name:
    Mike F
  15. Saint Bastage

Saint Bastage F1 Rookie

Jun 1, 2007
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Lane
    What can be said...I'm speechless. Sandy and Ed, You 2 are the greatest. Thanks for putting up with me. I know I can be a handfull. They say there's medication for my condition but I won't take it.

Love you both

Lane

BTW...Check behind the cookie jar. Thanks from all of us.

16. gec

gec Rookie

Aug 24, 2009
    Providence
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    Thank you so much Ed & Sandy for a memorable Sunday. I had a hard time deciding which horses I liked best, the four legged or the four wheeled......It was awesome meeting you all. Kenny

17. mj_duell

mj_duell Formula 3

Nov 20, 2004
    S. Glastonbury, CT.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Sandy and Ed, Thank You very much. My family and I had a great time. The weather, food, cars and your beautiful property made for a wonderful day. My daughters loved feeding the horses and I really had a wild time with Lane trying to kill us while playing polo. Hope to see you soon.

--Mike

18. Prova85

Prova85 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    So. Shore MA.
    Full Name:
    Kenny K
    Ed and Sandy... words can't do justice to the time we had today. Best event of the year without question. Incredible location. Your hospitality was over the top. And the horses....oh those beautiful horses....so well mannered...will be bringing more carrots for sure next year.

Pretty cool having a 512M there as well as 2 single mirror Tr's. And the golf cart polo was a blast to say the least.

Thank you very much for a superb gathering.

Kenny K.

19. drjess

drjess Karting

Apr 7, 2007
    Farmington
    Full Name:
    Jessica
    THANK YOU!!!!

From start to finish, a fantastic day:)

I've seen my share of horse farms and let me tell you guys...AVF is one of the nicest I have seen...countless hours of hard work and a whole lot of love and dedication goes into making a place not only look like that but also having a barn full of happy horses as well...

Thanks again Ed and Sandy for sharing your home and farm to us all!

20. fastradio

fastradio F1 Rookie
    BANNED Professional Ferrari Technician

Apr 26, 2006
    New England
    Full Name:
    David Feinberg
    Just a great, great day...Thank you so much for the invite and your hospitality. I must say that this was "the best" Event I've been to a long while...and managed to drive there and get home without gettting to test my "Rube Goldberg inspired" windshield wiper. LOL!

Best,
    David

21. Joe_CT

Joe_CT Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 16, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Ed / Sandy,

Thank you just doesn't seem to do it justice. Tori and I don't get out very often alone since we had the two little ones, but we made sure the grandparents were around for this weekend so Tori could experience what I did last year. She was speechless when she saw your place and met so many great people. And what can I say about the Golf Cart Polo... so much fun... Tori & Jessica rule!

Thanks for a great day, wonderful hospiltality, and bringing us all together.

Joe & Tori

22. darthnefas

darthnefas Formula Junior

Jun 21, 2007
    Taunton MA
    Full Name:
    Allen...
    Our hosts today were absolutely incredible. The attendees are great and it's just a fun time.

The drive-by and polo and food were just bonuses.

I want to thank the guys involved in the cruise up for some great video footage (go Kenny). The peeps who gave me a ride on the drive-by and Lane for proving that you full contact golf cart polo CAN be done without serious injury!

And Lane, I just looked it up and those pills are sweet tarts! They weren't kidding when they said sugar pill. ;)

23. SLK_Roy

SLK_Roy Rookie

Oct 20, 2008
    Naugatuck, CT
    Full Name:
    Roy
    #99 SLK_Roy, Sep 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  24. UConn Husky

UConn Husky F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2006
    CT