Second Ever Gathering at Autumn View Farm - Sunday, September 13 | FerrariChat

Second Ever Gathering at Autumn View Farm - Sunday, September 13

Discussion in 'New England' started by AVFPolo, Aug 4, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AVFPolo

AVFPolo Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2007
    Full Name:
    Ed
    #1 AVFPolo, Aug 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    You are once again invited to attend an informal gathering of enthusiasts at the home of Ed and Sandy Smith. Forty one cars turned out for last year's event and we are hoping for significantly more for the 2009 edition of the gathering.

Enjoy a leisurely, or spirited, fall foliage drive to Autumn View Farm (AVF) located in Warren, Mass. We're approximately one half hour from the Quabbin Reservoir which is an area well known to drivers and leaf peepers alike and offers great opportunities for scenic touring.

The good folks from the "2009 Ongoing CT Gathering II" thread are organizing a drive which will originate in CT and end at AVF. Please refer to that thread for drive details if you are interested in joining them for the caravan.

Depending upon turnout for this gathering we can park on our polo field or in the back yard. We'll provide light lunch, desserts, coffee, soft drinks, water and attendees are welcome to BYOB or wine. We are counting on you to provide the enthusiasm.

Who - All are invited. Ferrari ownership is NOT required. The only requirement is a passion for vehicles. All cars and bikes of a sporty nature are welcome to attend. Let's see some Lambos, Porsches, Alfas, Jags, MB, Lotus, Ducati, etc. If you don't have a sporty type vehicle then just bring yourself. Spouses, children, buddies are also welcome.

When - Sunday, September 13. 11:00 am until late afternoon.

Where - Autumn View Farm
    Warren (south central), Mass

Cost - There will be no cost to any attendee to display a vehicle or to spectate.

How to get there - For street address and additional information please email [email protected]

Looking forward to seeing everyone,
    Ed and Sandy Smith

PS Following is a link to the 2008 Gathering at Autumn View Farm http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=216570
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. AVFPolo

AVFPolo Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2007
    Full Name:
    Ed
    #2 AVFPolo, Aug 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    This year we are trying to arrange a 'golf cart polo' match in which attendees may participate. I have already shortened one half dozen polo mallets. I’m currently working to secure the use of an equal number of electric golf carts. If we can gather the necessary resources then we are hoping to arrange teams i.e., Ferrari owners vs. Porsche owners vs. CT Gathering vs Ducati, etc. for a round robin style match.

Participants will not be allowed to use their own vehicle. They must use a golf cart as provided without performance enhancing modifications. This is what happened the last time someone tried to play automobile polo.

3. CustomFerrari

CustomFerrari Formula Junior

Aug 1, 2008
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Casey B.
    Hopefully I'll be there

4. fastradio

fastradio F1 Rookie
    BANNED Professional Ferrari Technician

Apr 26, 2006
    New England
    Full Name:
    David Feinberg
    Sounds like a great time!
    I'll see if I can round up some of my Ferrari buddies to help "raise the F-car" count...

David

5. Saint Bastage

Saint Bastage F1 Rookie

Jun 1, 2007
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Lane
    Ed....Do you need a count? Put me down for 2.

6. Papa G

Papa G Formula 3

Dec 29, 2003
    Perfect! I'll definitely go. Anyone from Boston interested in caravaning westward?

7. dipstick1

dipstick1 Formula Junior

May 24, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter Lombardo
    Wow I am supposed to get married that day right up the road in West Brookfield...... Maybe I can sneak out.......I dont think my bride is going to go for that. Thanks for hosting it again Ed Sorry I would be able to go

8. Joe_CT

Joe_CT Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 16, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    #8 Joe_CT, Aug 5, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2009
    Ed, I am in and my buddy with the '82 911 will probably join the caravan up as well. I am hoping the TR is back so I can bring it up this year. Please let us know what we could bring to help you out. Looking forward to September 13th. Joe

9. Saint Bastage

Saint Bastage F1 Rookie

Jun 1, 2007
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Lane
    Geez Peter...where are your priorities? Let her keep you from this one and there's no telling what she'll require next.

Sorry Michelle...I had to. Its a disease.

10. UConn Husky

UConn Husky F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2006
    CT
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Wow congrats Pete!!! I think it'd make for some great wedding pics of you two playing golf cart polo (in full wedding dress, of course).

11. AVFPolo

AVFPolo Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2007
    Full Name:
    Ed
    Hi All,

Sorry for the tardy replies to your posts and PMs. We experienced a severe weather EVENT at home yesterday afternoon and amongst the list of electronics that got fried was the modem for our home computer. This is the forth weather event in five years so we've gotten pretty good at assessing the damage and implementing our recovery plan. Enough talk of that ..... on to Fchat related items.

First - Peter, congratulations you are a lucky man !!! Now, West Brookfield is a small town and I bet that I can find out where the nuptials are scheduled to take place. I think that a 'low level fly by' of that location during the ceremony by a couple dozen exotics would make the special day all that much more memorable. Just say the word and your Fchat buddies will make it happen.

I'm working on conning ...er...I mean persuading a nearby golf course to to make some of their excess carts available for golf cart polo. Hope to have an answer this weekend.

FastRadio great to hear that you're planning on coming. We need all of the 12 cylinder models that we can get. If you can round up some more folks from up north all the better. If you guys decide to caravan down then you may want to consider making a stop by the Quabbin Reservoir it offers great driving and scenery.

FastRadio, Papa G, CustomFerrari and all who have sent pm's - I'll respond with street address and telephone numbers as soon as I get the computer up and running at home. Thanks to all for your patience!

12. vunico

vunico Formula Junior

Feb 20, 2007
    southern florida
    i'd love to up the 12 cylinder count but i'll be at watkins glen watchin' the million dollar rides trade paint...

have a great time !!

13. Liquid1

Liquid1 Rookie

Jun 6, 2006
    Metrowest, MA
    Went last year and had a great time... definitely will try to get there again this year. Fantastic venue, great cars, and wonderful hosts.

14. philvecc

philvecc Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Philip Vecchiarelli
    Ed,
    Sounds like if the weather cooperates you could double the turnout this year. You and your wife did a great job last year, and it's the perfect place for a fall get together. I'm planning on coming again this year, and should have both the 308 and the TR, so 4 seats= 4 guests.
    Keep us posted on how many you expect, and what we can help with, i.e. food, drinks, chairs, set-up, etc.

15. AWESOME

AWESOME Karting

Jan 29, 2009
    Burlington, VT USA
    Full Name:
    Matt L.
    I'm gonna try and make it. Sounds like a great time. I'll confirm later on...

16. Enfield Joe

Enfield Joe Karting

Oct 19, 2008
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Mrs. Nero and I will definetly be there. Let me know what provisions I can bring.

17. AVFPolo

AVFPolo Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2007
    Full Name:
    Ed
    CustomFerrari - pm sent

18. myslow1

myslow1 Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2006
    Westbrook, CT
    Full Name:
    Craig
    I'll be there with Kay (Mrs. slow1) again, Ed. She really enjoyed going last year. Just the drive there was spectacular. We don't get many opportunities to make road trips like that together.

19. Paul e 860

Paul e 860 Rookie

Sep 19, 2006
    CT and Big Island HI
    Full Name:
    Paul McCollam
    My wife and I shall be there. thanks for the invite

Paul

20. gec

gec Rookie

Aug 24, 2009
    Providence
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    #20 gec, Aug 25, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2009
    This sounds like a great time. I'm glad I joined this forum. I do work on just about every ferrari in little Rhode Island, but that doesn't amount to much..lol

Springfield is about an hour and half from me.

21. AVFPolo

AVFPolo Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2007
    Full Name:
    Ed
    Hi Kenny,

Welcome to FChat !!!

Please round up all of those Rhode Island Ferraris (and other sporty cars) and bring them with you to AVF.

There are some wonderful roads to explore in the 'quiet corner' of Connecticut or if you really want to put on some mile you can caravan up with the gang from the Ongoing CT Gathering thread.

Hope to see you there.

- Ed -

22. gec

gec Rookie

Aug 24, 2009
    Providence
    Full Name:
    Kenny

Hey Ed -- Thanks -- I will definately inform some people, I will bring some of my rides as well. I'm going to mark it on the calendar. Kenny

23. PatrickM

PatrickM Rookie

Sep 8, 2008
    Portland,ME
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    I was there last year and had a great time! Your home is beautiful and your hospitality was overwhelming. As far as I know, I will be available to attend again this year. I look forward to seeing you again!

24. AVFPolo

AVFPolo Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2007
    Full Name:
    Ed
    Hey Guys,

I've got everyone above confirmed for the trip to AVF.

Early next week I'll post an update for the event and I'll commence counting the heads in order to plan food.

Thanks,
    - Ed -

Patrick I'll send you a PM tonight with some additional information that may be of interest to you.

25. PatrickM

PatrickM Rookie

Sep 8, 2008
    Portland,ME
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    Sounds great Ed! Thanks!