Sebring 12 Hour Qualifying/Race **spoiler** | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Sebring 12 Hour Qualifying/Race **spoiler**

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by jknight, Mar 16, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PCA Hack

PCA Hack Formula Junior

May 9, 2008
    Rancho Santa Fe, CA
    Nice try, but I see through right through your ploy - you removed the the tow line via photo shop & cropped out the tow vehicle! Either that or it burst into flames the very next frame.

2. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Hahaha.

The truth is, that this picture was taken from the warm up lap (notice the lack of blurring in the background?). Seriously.

3. Latsyrc

Latsyrc F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2008
    Utah, USA
    Full Name:
    Travis
    I finally managed to finish the race from the DVR. GREAT showing by Risi again, but it could have been close with the BMW's if the flag incidents didn't occur. Nice run by the Pugs, but I'm more excited to see them battle the Audis (go Audi!).

Carol, looks like you had a good time and great view!

Andreas, great pictures! We need more of the Falken girl (on the left :) ).

I'm really looking forward to this season. I was hoping things would work to be able to travel to a race this year, but I doubt it will. I still have FChallenge, ALMS, and Grand Am to see locally, though!

4. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    #79 tifosi12, Mar 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  5. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    #80 tifosi12, Mar 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  6. Latsyrc

Latsyrc F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2008
    Utah, USA
    Full Name:
    Travis
    Very nice, Andreas, and thanks! :D

7. the_stig

the_stig F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2005
    I am proud to say that one of the bigger idiots on sebringfans picked up my comments and is using them as his signature! Fame at last.
    Must be really awful to go through life as ignorant as he apparently is.

8. yoda

yoda F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2004
    UT
    So basically anything I type here they will read it?

I think you have a valid point that they saw as offensive. After browsing through that website the focus seems to be on beer and partying. But I think they're mostly harmless and I hope they don't throw beer cans at me if I walk by in a Ferrari shirt :)

9. Secret Squirrel

Mar 9, 2011
    You have your own thread, but you probably already new that.

10. AnotherDunneDeal

AnotherDunneDeal F1 Veteran

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    You actually got a smile from Giuseppe Risi......Cool.

11. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Thanks.

Probably because I looked so ridiculous in my Irvine/Ferrari replica race suit...Press had to wear Nomex in pitlane.

12. AnotherDunneDeal

AnotherDunneDeal F1 Veteran

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    And a little dated too..............Eddie Irvine,,,,,,,did pretty good when Michael broke his foot...

13. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    #88 tifosi12, Mar 10, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2011
    Eddie always was my hero. Just a brilliant and great guy. Never shy to speak his mind.

14. tommott77

tommott77 Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2009
    NC
    Full Name:
    Tom
    #89 tommott77, Mar 13, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2011
    I don't know if I am perhaps growing old and senile at the age of 33, but didn't Sebring used to be run in early-mid February just a couple weeks after the 24 at Daytona? I swear that I remember Sebring filling the racing void between Daytona and the start of the F1 season for a good long while.

15. sebringRacefans

Mar 14, 2011
    #90 sebringRacefans, Mar 14, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2011
    regarding the party atmosphere of sebring's 12 hour ALMS race:

it's been like this since the beginning and in fact is likely more family friendly now than it ever was in the past. i've only been going for 10 years so i'm basically a newbie compared to the people who have participated in the sebring TRADITIONS for 20 - 50+ years.

i think the only IGNORANCE is for someone to paint the fans of sebring who enjoy cutting loose with such a broad derogatory brush. perhaps a couple of you ought to actually try and get to know some of the people who've been attending this race for so long ( as well as nascar races, north american F1 races, indy races ) and you'd see that your disdain is largely misplaced.

are there plenty of drunken idiots who don't know a thing about racing in attendance every year at sebring? of course. you'll likely find some at each and every race you attend.

you'll also find plenty of **pretentious D-bags** who think partying and watching racing as a sincere fan are somehow mutually exclusive.

16. sebringRacefans

Mar 14, 2011
    i am not registered at sebringfans.com nor do i post there, i just like to read their discussions before heading down to the race-slash-party that IS sebring.

when i ran across their reposting of some of the derogatory comments that have been made here, i felt like someone should stick up for them because it doesn't sound like any of them are even going to bother responding to the petty insults that have been lobbed by a few of you here.

17. DinoSteven

DinoSteven Rookie

Apr 30, 2006
    Orlando, FL
    Full Name:
    Steven Piantieri
    I sold a Ferrari part to a gentleman in the Naples, Fl area and I am hoping that someone from that area is attending the Sebring 12 Hour races next weekend.

I'll be there racing my Alfa Romeo Giulia Spider. Can you take it back with you so the buyer can then pick it up from you?

It's an aluminum 'belly pan' off of a Ferrari 250 GTE, weighs all of 5 pounds, and would be a pain to box it. We both would appreciate the help.

Thanks,

Steven Piantieri
    407-257-4322
    1964 330 America

18. texasmr2

texasmr2 Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    OK I AM OFFICIALLY PISSED OFF!!! SPEED TV is not airing the race and someone mentioned it will be on ESPN2 so I checked my guide and nothing!!! I then proceeded to check TVRacer and it says either ESPN3 (WTF there is another ESPN -money grubbing whores) or ABC on Sunday for a 1.5hr summary, total BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    I believe it is live streaming on the internet

20. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    I don't do 'live streaming' so I guess I'm SOL.

21. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    join the 21st century :)

22. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    Can't do it man when we have tv channels that are supposed too be dedicated to racing! I pay $80 a month so I can get all the racing and in HD, guess I'll be nicking some of my service tomorrow.

23. the_stig

the_stig F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2005
    Hi and welcome to the forums!
    First off some of us do know some of the more well-known characters of Sebring - racing is kind of a small world so you may be surprised who has crossed paths or developed friendships along the way.
    Second - just because someone is opposed to drunken debauchery doesn't make them gay or a ****** bag - both of which I've been called on sebringfans.com. Some people live to get drunk / high on the weekends and some of us don't.
    The biggest issue here is that nothing that was said here on f-chat was untrue which is more than can be said for the classy folk over at sebringfans who had to resort to insults like "ignorant whore". Appears we struck a nerve in criticizing the nonsense that some find acceptable public behavior. People on sebringfans call the local cops Stasi and rant and rave about crackdowns. I say the more cops and the harder the crackdown there the better.

24. Secret Squirrel

Mar 9, 2011
    #99 Secret Squirrel, Mar 15, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2011
    There has not been any response here from the sebringfans because it is pretty much pointless, and everyone I know from there is busy getting ready if not already there waiting for the gate to open.

Sebringfans.com is private property owned Sack and is not officially endorsed by SIR or the ALMS. If you have a problem with the group, there are plenty of other forums to visit.

You would be suprised at the quality of people that you have taken the time to bash on this forum. Many of them would do anything within reason to help their fellow race fans. Their generosity, integrity and honesty is why I am proud to call them my friends. Without them it would be very easy to come up with a reason to skip a year.

I'll take the honest, real people anyday over the faceless internet guy that wants to troll my friends' forums, insult us and complain to track management. It's like going to a church and talking trash about those people later.

That being said, I have to finish getting ready to go. I hope everybody has a great time and maybe I'll see you at the track.

25. URY914

URY914 Formula Junior

Feb 17, 2004
    Temple Terrace FL
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Nope, Sebring has been held on the third weekend of March for 30 years at least.