Sebring 12 Hour Qualifying/Race **spoiler** | FerrariChat

Sebring 12 Hour Qualifying/Race **spoiler**

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by jknight, Mar 16, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jknight

jknight F1 Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
    Central Texas
    #1 jknight, Mar 16, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2010
    The weather in Sebring (at least as of today) looks quite good for Friday and Saturday. Both days sunny with temps on Friday 77F-47F; Saturday 77F-55F.

The race will be on Speed during the following times on Saturday: 10 am to 12 noon ET and from 2 pm to 11 pm ET.

In the interim or in addition to Speed here's a few links:

live timing and American LeMans radio during qualifying and race:http://www.imsaracing.net/imsaNS2.cfm?h=/2003/live/livetimingheader.htm&p=/2003/live/radiowebnew.htm

or directly here for "Hindy" and live radio coverage: http://www.radiolemans.com/

other relative info for Sebring: http://www.imsaracing.net/#sebring

schedule of events: http://www.imsaracing.net/2010/events/sebring/2010%20Sebring%20Schedule%20and%20Supp%20Regs.pdf

FLM has has team radio live and Jennifer keeps you up to date on what's happening on the track: http://www.lizardms.com/index.htm

QUALIFYING -> Friday afternoon - 1:50-2:15 = GT2/GTC - - - - 2:25-2:50 = LMP1/LMP2/LMPC

RACE STARTS AT 10:30 AM - 10:30 PM

(we'll be in the Audi Suite above the pits this year) (just a suggestion for the lapse time with speed, I usually have live timing screen displayed with radio lemans up in another window - get both coverages...works well)

Carol

2. yzee

yzee F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2005
    Bodegata
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Carol - Do you think the Audi drivers will be there just to observe? Weren't they testing there last week?

3. jknight

jknight F1 Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
    Central Texas
    yes, they are testing and who knows!?!?!?!? I suspect so. A very small group of us in the hospitality area. . . will miss you!

Carol

4. ProCoach

ProCoach F1 Veteran
    Owner

Sep 15, 2004
    VIR Raceway
    Full Name:
    Peter Krause
    Thanks, Carol. Always there with timely information. Wish I was there watching from John Gorsline's suite but will be pulling for Mucke and Primat in the Aston as well as Risi and David Murry in the Doran GT!

5. jknight

jknight F1 Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
    Central Texas
    #5 jknight, Mar 16, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2010
    You're welcome - I'm pulling for the Pugs, although I'd really like to see Paul Drayson on the podium too and Risi followed by the Lizards (Bergmeister/Long). I hope that Jon can get the #37 back together and at least start from the pits if necessary...

Carol

6. yzee

yzee F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2005
    Bodegata
    Full Name:
    Michael
  7. jknight

jknight F1 Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
    Central Texas
    Michael, thanks for posting. think spa!

8. yzee

yzee F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2005
    Bodegata
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I left you a message. I'm going to Spa! Although I will miss fresh Danica Indy pics for Peter. :p

9. ProCoach

ProCoach F1 Veteran
    Owner

Sep 15, 2004
    VIR Raceway
    Full Name:
    Peter Krause
    AARRGGHH!

10. ferrari4evr1

ferrari4evr1 Formula 3

May 8, 2005
  11. yzee

yzee F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2005
    Bodegata
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Both Peugeots out in front of the Aston by 1.21. Be hard to catch them.

Gt2 Ferrari, BMW's, Porsches, and Corvette's all very close.

Qualifying at 1:50 PM EST

12. ProCoach

ProCoach F1 Veteran
    Owner

Sep 15, 2004
    VIR Raceway
    Full Name:
    Peter Krause
    SpeedTV stream was great! LMPC pole battle was the DADDY! Go Gunnar!

13. jknight

jknight F1 Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
    Central Texas
    So we are sitting by the windows above the BMW pits and Bobby Rahal congratulating his guys Speed interviewing Dirk THEN while eating dinner John goes the BMW got the pole but the email we just got from Jennifer with the Lizards has them on pole!Big oop's as the number 90 failed tech - I'd call that a major fung-goo. So Risi moves up! The patron f cars sound like a bucket of bolts going down the front straight and look gawd awful with that green striping, ala the work of someone who had much tape and just started making spider
    webs all over (just being honest). The Risi fcars are so much smoother and better sounding. The Jag still has that enormous wing on it. Dave Richards was at the will call booth next to me - said hi and he was driving a beautiful white Aston cab with CA plates. TheVettes are to our left then BMW then Risi. Got big hug from Pirro, he said he's glad to be in driving suit (Audi) rather than his shorts, as always an awesome guy.

Carol

14. Latsyrc

Latsyrc F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2008
    Utah, USA
    Full Name:
    Travis
    I'm excited to catch up with the racing tomorrow when I wake up. :) I'll be missing the first part, but have it set to record all day.

15. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Hello:

I am in Europe and have no channel showing the race (not that I will have much time to see it) but is there any live streaming and do you have a link?

Thanks and for those who are at Sebring have fun and a good race, if you see Jacques and Lilianne the very nice old French couple who sell memorabilia please tell them banzai said hello (private joke)!

best regards,

Marc

16. yzee

yzee F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2005
    Bodegata
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I know them. I always stop and buy something just to chat with them. Carol knows them too. She can say hello for you. :D

17. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    #17 Nembo1777, Mar 20, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2010
    Jacques and Lilianne, truly wonderful people, we had to share a room in Tokyo once back in 1992 during a racing show where we each had a booth, my room reservation had gone wrong so they invited me to share their room, which was extremely nice, I slept on the floor in the entranceway for four nights and we did every bar in Tokyo during the evenings.

In the show my interpreter was too shy so I kept telling her banzai go for it talk to customers and they have called me banzai ever since:)!

Have a good race, with hopefully some luck for Monsieur Bourdais this time.

best regards,

Marc

18. yzee

yzee F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2005
    Bodegata
    Full Name:
    Michael
  19. the_stig

the_stig F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2005
    #19 the_stig, Mar 20, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2010
    Watching a French feed on http://www.justin.tv/lefermier#r=54c2IjU~ right now.

Jack and his wife are awesome - I've known them for about 20 years - maybe a bit more!

Edit: the French commentary is more annoying than I could have possibly imagined. Ooh la la la la la indeed!

20. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    They are good people, especially for a French couple:). I always had a huge amount of books to carry home on the plane. They always have the latest from europe, at a premium ofcourse. Funny guy that Jacques is!! See them at Sebring, Laguna Seca and Road America every year(not Sebring this year:( ).

Tom Tanner/Scale Designs/Ferrari Expo 2010 model/photo contest-Chicago April 24th 2010

21. the_stig

the_stig F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2005
    Jack to female customer selecting t-shirt: "what size?"
    overweight female customer: "medium"
    Jack to delusional customer: "perhaps you should take two"

22. Fast_ian

Fast_ian Two Time F1 World Champ

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    Hey,

So, Carols been playing with the "voice memo" app on her iPhone(s) and asked me to do the "go-between" thing again. In order:

1 - Vintage cars at Sebring from Audi suite 7 thru glass windows above corvette/BMW/risi pits

2 - It is the last event of the day the classic cars.

3 - ford gt classic in this one

I believe these were all recorded from behind a glass window above the pits - Definitely not overloaded. Outside should be great (?)

Hmmmph! Turns out they're "m4a" audio files and Fchat doesn't like 'em (invalid format) - A couple of alternatives come to mind:

- Could Rob (?) add "m4a" format as a valid file type? [They range in size from about 100k to just under 400K btw.]
    - I *could* kludge 'em by changing the extension, but then you'd have to change it back in order to play 'em - Seems like a recipe for disaster......

If they can be made "valid" I'll try and upload again later. Hopefully everyone's having fun back there,

Cheers,
    Ian

23. Isobel

Isobel F1 World Champ

Jun 30, 2007
    On a Wave's Chicane
    Full Name:
    Is, Izzy for Australians
    Missing the Audis baaaaad.

Pirro had some sweet moves early on.

Corvettes coming to grips with tag team strategy ;).

24. yzee

yzee F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2005
    Bodegata
    Full Name:
    Michael
    #24 yzee, Mar 20, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  25. yzee

yzee F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed