Sebring 1 - unknown lever | FerrariChat

Sebring 1 - unknown lever

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by Tigras, Sep 27, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tigras

Tigras Rookie

Jun 22, 2019
    Poland
    Full Name:
    Tigras
    Hello.
    I have question to owners of 3500 GTI Sebring 1 with FI . What is the purpose of that knob? I have only empty cable cover under bonnet, and no idea where it should be placed and what is it's purpose.

Best regards,
    Tig.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. carnutz

carnutz Karting

Aug 11, 2008
    Tigras, the mystery item you are looking for is the hood release lever. How are you opening the hood without it?

[​IMG]

3. Tigras

Tigras Rookie

Jun 22, 2019
    Poland
    Full Name:
    Tigras
    Carnutz, thanks for reply. Do You talk about front or back hood?
    In this Sebring, front hood is opening by lever from picture below, the back hood - by the button on rear lock. So that is "my problem", I still don't know what is "unknown lever".
    Lever from front hood using the cable about 0,4 m length. Empty cable cover from unknown lever have 2,7m length.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. thecarnut

thecarnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 22, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    The Car Nut
    The hood release is that big lever to the left of the headlight relay. The unknown knob is to the left of the choke. My guess is the unknown knob controls an air flap.

Ivan

5. Tigras

Tigras Rookie

Jun 22, 2019
    Poland
    Full Name:
    Tigras
    Ivan have right with hood. On air flow diagram from Sebring manual I marked all actual connection which I have on this car, that mean 2 air throttles and 1 colant valve connected to 3 levers control panel.

Attached Files:

6. carnutz

carnutz Karting

Aug 11, 2008
    Tig, I just looked at my Sebring to verify what I told you before. The handle marked 'HOOD' on my Sebring is indeed the hood release. There are no other levers. I suppose that someone changed yours along the way. What is the serial number(VIN) on your Sebring?