Sebastian Vettel | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Sebastian Vettel

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by TheBigEasy, Sep 30, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I calculated the standard deviation of their respective 2007 grid positions and indeed Speed moves up compared to Liuzzi (2.28 vs 3.004). Happy now?

2. TheBigEasy

TheBigEasy F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jun 21, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ethan Hunt
    Just wanted to bump this thread...

I thought Vettel was great from his first race in F1... He seemed to have disappeared into a bad slump of DNF's until today. What a great race he had! It sure was nice to hear the German anthem followed by the Italian. :)

I'm kind of bummed Ferrari extended Kimi's contract.

3. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Hehe, thank you!

Forgot all about it.

Where are the Scott No-Speed supporters now? Anybody still think Berger made a mistake by sacking Speed and hiring Vettel? With or without standard deviations...

4. maxorido

maxorido Formula 3

Jul 6, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Hey that's not fair, the STR is now a top car. Alonso says they are now the 3rd best team. When Scott was driving for the team they were the 2nd worst on the grid. In 2007 Scott was doing better than liuzzi, and at the end of the year we saw similar results in Vettel and Liuzzi (Vettel 4th at China, Liuzzi 6th) so I think Scott would be near Vettel, but not quite as good. I definitely think he'd be smoking Bourdais though. Out of all the drivers who have driven at STR, imo the best pairing is Vettel and Speed.

5. SMS

SMS F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2004
    Indy
    Full Name:
    Bill S.
    I'm here! ;)

Wonder how the original duo would be doing in today's cars. Speed has done well in the Nascar Trucks, pole at Bristol, etc... If they move him to the cars for next season, we'll get to see him finally on a road course now and then again, I'll be glad for that.

That said, I was very pleased to see how well this weekend worked out for Vettel. I have lived in a cave since Friday night and stayed off all the Spoiler threads, so this has been a pleasant evening for me as I catch up on racing news!

6. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    I actually thought about that guy today....

7. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    So did I ... when Vettel talked about the improvements in the team over "last year".

8. Mr Payne

Mr Payne F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2004
    Bakersfield, CA
    Full Name:
    Payne
    #83 Mr Payne, Sep 15, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2008
    Hi.

Threads litter FChat touting the next WDC (Rosberg? Kovalainen? Glock?). Enough threads get created touting the next WDC, chances are one will be right. Fortunately hardly anyone called Hamilton, enough huge egos on here already.

9. iwanna860monza

iwanna860monza Karting

Sep 19, 2004
    Having watched Japan last year and thought how easy it would have been for someone to run into the car in front just because they didnt see them. Vettel did it and I FELT SORRY FOR HIM, because I knew he would be spanked by Webber and others.
    Fast forward 1 year, and here he is winning a race, he has the package and a lot of things are very similar to MS's start in F1. Could he be a future champion of course!. Will he, time will tell. But if Ferrari wanted someone quick, Kubica, Vettel, Senna, Glock would be my picks (In that order) for 2011.

And what happened to Webber, how many races has he won in the past year ? I see his best result is a 4th at Monaco, roll on next year when they a together in the same team, BRING IT ON.