Sebastian Vettel | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Sebastian Vettel

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by TheBigEasy, Sep 30, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    +2

2. ferraridude615

ferraridude615 F1 Veteran

May 4, 2006
    Texas
    As one German champions leaves, another fills his space. Sebastian is amazing and is the new Rain-meister in F1 since Schumi has left.

3. TheBigEasy

TheBigEasy F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jun 21, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ethan Hunt
    I didn't think about the fact of him being German... you think that would encourage to MS to hang around to mentor him?

4. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Good point, he may have more potential than all the rest, wonder how he would have done in the McLaren or Ferrari this season. Although I was not very impressed with him at Indy this year in the BMW.

5. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    I don't know if it matters where Vettel finished the race. He (and Webber) made a statement as to their quality as drivers.
    The team managers should be watching. The other side of the coin is that some truly fast dry weather drivers do poorly in the wet.

6. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    I was thinking the samething, I always thought Webber has a lot of potential, but unfortunately it hasn't gelled. He seems to be at the wrong team at the wrong time. Hopefully with Geoff Willis and Adrian Newey at Red Bull, the 08 car will be something.

7. LightGuy

Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    Agreed. Unfortunately he may be tied to a contract next year.
    From the looks on Massas face; somethings up. Rosbergs contract is also up. Hmmm ?

8. DAYTONASME

DAYTONASME Formula Junior

Jan 12, 2007
    Manchester UK
    Full Name:
    DAYTONASME
    Vettel's arrival at Toro Rosso was vindication of Berger's excellent decision to dump the overrated,overmouthed and undertalented Speed

9. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    + 1,000

Vettel's positive influence on the car development is already visible and tangible in points.

Once Bourdais takes over from Liuzzi the team will be on the right track.

10. Senna3xWC

Senna3xWC F1 Rookie

Nov 30, 2006
    NYC
    And some people think we are jumping the gun on Lewis Hamilton... :rolleyes:

11. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    the difference between Lewis and Seba at that race was Hammi was in front and didn't have to go thru the spray at the face. if your behind the leader, it was almost impossible to see whats in front of you.

Hammi didn't overtake in those wet races. Seba did, and at Shanghai, he did it briliantly.

12. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Excellent point Brian, I think Ted is stating the fact that no one gives Lewis the credit he deserves, especially considered who he is paired up against.

13. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    i must have missed his point. but i think Lewis is doing a great job. i just hope Fred leaves Mclaren, then we'll see if Lewis can carry on..

14. Senna3xWC

Senna3xWC F1 Rookie

Nov 30, 2006
    NYC
    Exactly. Outdriving Liuzzi is not the same as outdriving Alonso.

I was commenting on the statement that one German champion (Schumacher) is being replaced by another German champion (Vettel) and that Vettel is the new rain-meister.

Hamilton is about to clinch the WDC as a rookie, beating the 2X defending WDC in the same car in the process. yet some here think we are way ahead of ourselves in proclaiming Hamilton the next great F1 driver.

Yet this guy seems to think that one or two drives by Vettel is enough to proclaim him the next Schumacher?!? Nonsense. Vettel has done an OK job but nothing to suggest that he is any better than a Rosberg, Heikki, or Kubicka...none of whom I think are WDC material.

15. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    +1

Vettel is doing a great job compared to Speed or Liuzzi, but in the scheme of things that is not saying much.

The performance and talent demonstrated by Hamilton is a magnitude greater than what Vettel has done. Hamilton will become a multiple WDC; whether Vettel will make it ever to WDC remains to be seen.

16. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    +1000

But it seems on here of late, that whatever happens let's not confuse the issue with fact's

17. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    +1000

Full marks to Vettel..

18. DAYTONASME

DAYTONASME Formula Junior

Jan 12, 2007
    Manchester UK
    Full Name:
    DAYTONASME
    LH is a highly talented guy, but I can see similarities of the media wags/experts in the early '90's, who suggested that Mansell could have been replaced at Williams by a chimp and the chimp would still have been WDC in '92

Last weekend's farce in China wasn't LH's fault, but his future looks bright....Having been initially sceptical about Kimi and the Prancing Horse - for me he has been the driver of the season and whilst his diction (in Finnish or English) is appalling, his on track ability and race success has been excellent and I hope that he lifts the crown in Sao Paulo - like Hill and Mansell before him its probs the best opportunity he will get!

19. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    That year a chimp would have won if it sat in the Williams.

Mansell is a worthy WDC regardless: Many years he deserved the title and it slipped through his fingers. That autopilot Williams was a payback by fate.

20. LightGuy

Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    I think we can see that Liuzzi had some depth. Too bad it took pressure from Vettel to bring it out and too late.
    Kind of like when Roger Bannister broke the 4 minute mile . All of a sudden many thought; "If he can do it, so can I".
    Rosberg and Heiki have the stuff, possibly Kubica They need the car.

21. Senna3xWC

Senna3xWC F1 Rookie

Nov 30, 2006
    NYC
    Rosberg had his hands full with Webber last year and Webber is no world beater. Heikki nearly lost his seat for underperforming Fisi earlier this season, again Fisi is no world beater. Kubicka is beingly soundly beaten by Heidfeld this year.

None of these guys are showing well against their own teammates, none of whom are in the same class as Alonso. Why folks think that any of these guys are WDC material is beyond me.

22. Senna3xWC

Senna3xWC F1 Rookie

Nov 30, 2006
    NYC
    Patrese had the same car as Mansell, he did not do anything with it. While you can't win the WDC if you are not in a competitive car, being in a competitive car alone does not guarantee you the WDC.

23. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I said a chimp. Not Patrese. :)

24. ferraridude615

ferraridude615 F1 Veteran

May 4, 2006
    Texas
    Speed was much better than Liuzzi, I believe Speed's worst qualifying performance was Luizzi's best. Of course they are going to keep the Italian driver on the Italian team.

25. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    +1000