Sebastian Vettel | FerrariChat

Sebastian Vettel

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by TheBigEasy, Sep 30, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TheBigEasy

TheBigEasy F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jun 21, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ethan Hunt
    Up until he smashed into Webber... I thought he was doing quite well. He is only 20 and needs some more experience... but I think there is some talent there. Webber made a big stink about it all, slamming the "kid", put him into tears... do you think that was a career ending mistake for him? Or does he have a bright future in F1 (eventually)?

If there is some true talent there.... maybe Kimi - Vettel Ferrari 2009? :D

I'd rather that than Alonshole.

2. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def

Crashes didn't stop drivers like Scheckter from becoming WDC.

3. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    Being the sister cars and so high up and such a stupid mistake it is a very tough situation. He will race again but I would want to renegotiate his contract for him.

4. Mr Payne

Mr Payne F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2004
    Bakersfield, CA
    Full Name:
    Payne
    A possible win for a team that has never had one. A possible win for a driver that has never had one. It's hard to imagine how furious one would be.

5. maxorido

maxorido Formula 3

Jul 6, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I seriously wouldn't have blamed Mark if he'd punched Vettel, lol. The chances of the Rebull team and Mark getting that opportunity again is slim. The engine freeze rule allowed the teams to become more reliable, so instead of a mechanical gremlin, you now have to hope that the top guys crash out, or it pours rain so you can show your stuff. I think this race was an example of how underrated Mark is. Look where DC was the whole time Mark was challengine Lewis for P1, he was down there racing for a point until a few cars went out of the race and he moved up.

6. Tom(Atl)

Tom(Atl) Formula Junior

Oct 29, 2006
    USA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Hypothetical question - if Vettel (age 20) had podiumed, would he have received champagne?
    If he had podiumed in the USGP this year, would he have? It would be against the local laws, of course.

What was the non-alcoholic drink the podium finishers received at Bahrain?

7. IanMac

IanMac Formula 3

Jul 26, 2006
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Ian
    I don't know what the law is in Japan, it would have been no problem in Europe. In the US would it have been OK for him to have been given it as long as none passed his lips?

8. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    He may have been given a bottle to spray or perhaps it was non-alcoholic. In Bahrain the wine is made from locally grown fruit mixed with rose water.

9. Mr Payne

Mr Payne F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2004
    Bakersfield, CA
    Full Name:
    Payne
    Not to mention his previous teammates in superior cars...Rosberg & Heidfeld.

10. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    Vettel did exceptionally well. Obviously better than his team-mate in the great equalizer; rain.
    Webber may have been accelerating/braking as stated in the post race interview by LH. In the rain with next to zero visibility and slippery conditions, this is fool-hardy.
    Both learned a lesson.
    "Brake Checking" should be banned and penalised accordingly. If not for the benefit of the race in general then for the benefit of those that do it if they are not smart enough to figure out this is self destructive.

11. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    i think he needs more experience. can't blame Webber for being so frustrated. did he swear anyways?

btws, i'm pretty sure he learnt his lesson in a hard way.

12. 1_can_dream

1_can_dream F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Kyle
    Webber definitely swore, you can find the video on youtube, I think it was unedited on accident on the British broadcast. I don't blame him for the outburst especially in the heat of the moment after running where he was. I also do give Vettel a lot of credit for how well he was running in the STR. I know Scott wouldn't have been doing that well so he is an improvement, whether or not Scott would have ran into the back of someone else is easily debatable tho.

13. Birel

Birel Formula 3

Sep 12, 2005
    Brisbane
    Full Name:
    Andrew Turner

Uhh??? didn't Liuzzi rise to 4th towards the end after having started from the pitlane in the spare car a lap down on everyone. ??

Not clear how he slipped down to 8th on the road, I think there was another stop soon after the Vettel/Webber incident.

14. ItaliaF1

ItaliaF1 F1 Veteran

Aug 28, 2005
    Nashville,TN
    Full Name:
    John Burrow
    I really felt for him after the crash. Red Bull would have been on cloud nine, especially Toro Rosso by putting a rookie on the podium.

He has plenty of talent, though. I think he will eventually have some success;furthermore, it might have to be with another team. BMW 2009?

15. Remy Zero

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    i actually think the only chance he replaces someone at BMW is Nick, should he leave. ( age terms ). Kubik is pretty solid to ignore him

16. Remy Zero

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    yeap. Thanks Kyle. i just watched it.

17. maxorido

maxorido Formula 3

Jul 6, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jim
    What's self destructive is not having any brakes and completely cold tires after the restart. Everyone was slowing down and weaving to try and keep the heat in the brakes and tires. The issue here is, Vettel looked away at Lewis when he should have been paying attention to what was in front of him.

18. TheBigEasy

Consultant

Jun 21, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ethan Hunt
    I just saw the FIA is docking him 10 positions in China...

19. Mr Payne

Mr Payne F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2004
    Bakersfield, CA
    Full Name:
    Payne
    Honestly, I read his post and just logged off. I didn't want to deal with it. :)

20. Cheetah

Cheetah Formula Junior

Jan 22, 2004
    Charlotte
    Full Name:
    Alan
    I've heard Webber utter the words "racing accident" enough in his own defense throughout his career (although not nearly as much as Ralf)....he should've cut Vettel some slack.

21. maxorido

maxorido Formula 3

Jul 6, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Yeah I don't blame you, lol.

22. robert_c

robert_c F1 Rookie

May 12, 2005
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Robert C
    +1
    to wit: JPM and MS at Monaco.

23. robert_c

robert_c F1 Rookie

May 12, 2005
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Robert C
    Vettel is still in third place in the World Series by Renault. Funny if he wins a trophy in a series he doesnt even run in anymore.

24. TheBigEasy

Consultant

Jun 21, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ethan Hunt

I just wanted to bump what I said here. I know that Vettle had a F-Up in Japan... but the kid has some seriously good talent for a 20 year old... I would MUCH rather see Ferrari invest in shaping the future of this kid than bring Alonshole over..... I NEVER want to see Fernando in a red jump suit. I think Kimi - Vettel would be a seriously powerful team... He has the making of a real champion inside I think. :)

25. joker57676

joker57676 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 12, 2005
    Sin City
    Full Name:
    Deplorie McDeplorableface
    +1

Mark