Seb out of SF for 2021 | Page 11 | FerrariChat

Seb out of SF for 2021

Discussion in 'F1' started by 11506apollo, May 11, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    You have to be desperate to take a seat at Renault now.
    That team hasn't met any expectations, and its future is far from certain.
    Perhaps it could suit one of those Russian pay-drivers with a weatthy father ?

Bas likes this.
  2. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    Seb >>>>> Indy car.

Boomhauer likes this.
  3. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    I am not desperate.
    I would take a seat at Renault if ask.

However, it is doubtful that I could make the 106% limit.....

F2003-GA, LVP488 and Boomhauer like this.
  4. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

I expect him to be 'risk averse' to that option for 2 reasons - Virus and danger of Indy vs F1.

william likes this.
  5. DF1

106 or 107% who is counting :)

6. johnireland

johnireland F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 19, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    John A Ireland
    But in reality, they are racing against each other, just not wheel to wheel. But the action, the driving, is far more exciting than F1.

7. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

They are not racing against each other in the sense that they drive the course individually, never come close to each other, never have to overtake (in normal conditions), so don't have to suffer a competitor blocking them, nor have to use tactics to pass a rival, etc ...
    It's man against the course, and the only judge is the clock. Rallying is in fact a series of very intense short timed sprints on a road course.

8. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Given 200 laps to get used to the car, I would probably 2-3 seconds off the pace of the car (let alone the lead).

DF1 likes this.
  9. DF1

BBC Sport has learned Vettel was never offered a new contract after discussing the team's future plans with team boss Mattia Binotto.

10. 05011994

05011994 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 1, 2004
    Golden, Colorado
    I will wait to hear the news from a more credible source, BBC Sports has not been to most objective in its treatment of all things not British. May still be true, but I would wait until it is confirmed. The BBC Formula 1 podcast is unlistenable.

Bas, Igor Ound and paulchua like this.
  11. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Do you have a link to the article? From what I always understood is they (Ferrari) offered him a 1 year contract with a significantly reduced salary. I would have taken in the heartbeat, as the alternative for him is exactly what we're seeing now.

Losing is one thing, making 10+ unforced errors is another...what does Vet expect?

Bas likes this.
  12. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Agree. Seems to be it's more likely that Ferrari didn't make a counter offer to Vettel's demand after Ferrari's initial offer (12m and 1 year)

paulchua likes this.
  13. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    List of Vettel's mistakes

This doesn't even include when he crashed into Leclerc in Brazil last year...

I wouldn't have made a counter offer either, giving him a chance to stay on is already a major concession and sign of loyalty in and of itself by Ferrari to Vettel.

It is Sebastian showing disrespect and lack loyalty to not accept this gracious offer.

14. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    It's best Vettel retire He's only going to embarrass himself if he ends up elsewhere

jpalmito and william like this.
  15. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    say what you wanna say, but Mercedes, Ferrari, Red Bull, do not want Alonso. Simple as that.

william likes this.
  16. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    What if Mercedes ditches Bottas and hires Vettel? Since the rumors say they will leave F1 as a team, why not do so in great style? They had a veyr competitive duo with Hamilton-Rosberg, why not do it again?

17. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Lewis would veto the idea.

stavura, freshmeat and Bas like this.
  18. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    agree, and also Mercedes wouldn't want to lose the last season of it's own formula by a monumental **** up of their own by pitting two drivers against each other that'll just take points away from each other and have Max or Leclerc sneak the title away from underneath them.

william likes this.
  19. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Mercedes also don't need Vettel, he really should just continue with his woodwork projects,walking the dog ,whatever.

william likes this.
  20. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    But wasn't Hamilton & Rosberg a duo that did exactly that?

Lewis will retire soon and from the recent announced contracts he wil not go to Ferrari. So why not having a last challenge in his career with a 4-time world champion as team mate? Also, with the Schumacher successor in the team I don't think the eventual loss of the driver's championship would be a big of a deal compared to the immense publicity gained.

21. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    I honestly don't think Mercedes wants to ruin the harmony with the Hamilton-Bottas duo.....it's working great for everyone at the Mercedes camp.

Also, Bottas just does'nt want to "ruin" his relationship with Mercedes. Yeah, he probably could go for a WDC title win and take his chances of NOT getting a seat the following year.

It's just a matter of "following orders" or not "following orders"....which Rosberg chose the latter and got what he wanted...a WDC title.

Note: Understanding Hamilton's Malaysia DNF in 2016 was also a deciding factor in the WDC title.

william likes this.
  22. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Lewis will stay in Formula 1 as long as he has a place at Mercedes. His goal is to set an unassailable record of F1 victories and grow his fortune in the process.

pilotoCS and william like this.
  23. 05011994

05011994 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 1, 2004
    Golden, Colorado
  24. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Yep.

Toto wants to keep things just as they are.

The Board of Directors want Vettel.

Interesting to see how this plays out. My bet is Toto will get what he wants...along with Hamilton.

william likes this.
  25. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    There is a good chance Toto will leave. He already has stakes in Aston Martin and/or he could join the Stroller team with their carbon copy of the 2019 MB.

Remy Zero likes this.