Seats | FerrariChat

Seats

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by 90TR, Jun 17, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 90TR

90TR Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2005
    Celebration, FL
    Full Name:
    Bill
    I had a rip in my driver side upper bolster on the TR and purchased a pair of seats to replace my worn piece. From the picture I believed them to be Tan, when they are in fact the lighter Cream color. Does anyone know where I can source a dye to change the color to match my seats?

Thanks, Bill

2. Philwozza

Philwozza Formula 3

Apr 23, 2009
    Winchester UK
    Full Name:
    Phil Worrall
    #2 Philwozza, Jun 17, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2011
  3. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    #3 Rifledriver, Jun 17, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2011
    The dyes used during that period were not very good and faded badly, especially the beige (what you are calling tan). It would be best to have it custom mixed to be sure you match your existing interior. There are mobile leather repair business all over the country that auto businesses use for dye touch up. I would find one of those guys.

Like any other service some are better than others. Talk to a couple of the very best exotic auto businesses in your area and get the names of the guys they use. I have a real magician that does it for me but I have seen some real butchers too. Look at some examples of their work and be selective.