Searching for Mistral Spyder Seat details | FerrariChat

Searching for Mistral Spyder Seat details

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by GSJFerrari, Mar 29, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GSJFerrari

GSJFerrari Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 12, 2010
    Stuart, FL
    Full Name:
    Greg Jones
    Im searching for details of the door sill construction and the mounts and mechanism for the L/R side seats. Im not to familiar with these and im wondering if this has been redone correctly. Any original detailed photos would be great help, Specifically the seat mounts/ location and position, seat back thickness, door sill detail next to seat

Thanks for any help!

this is for Vin # AM109S027
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3500 GT likes this.
  2. thecarnut

thecarnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 22, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    The Car Nut
    That is a very early serial number spyder. Does the car have a 3.5 liter engine? I use to own spyder #49 and it had a 3.5 liter engine.
    The early Mistrals had different seat hardware than than the later cars The back adjustment was via two screws in the lower back of the seat. I suggest you post several photos of your interior and we can provide you with some input.
    The photo below is from an Mistral coupe with the early style seats.
    Ivan

F456M likes this.
  3. thecarnut

thecarnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 22, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    The Car Nut
    Car looks like it is in nice condition and with an attractive color combination and optional hardtop. I do not recognize that seat hardware. Most likely a prior owner did not like the way the seat adjusted and got something from another car that worked better for him. It looks somewhat similar to the hardware used on the later model Mistrals and I doubt many people would know the difference. This is a photo of the hardware used on a later Mistral spyder.
    Since this is a very early car there is always the possibility that Maserati was trying out different hardware and this one is original to your car.

Ivan

3500 GT likes this.
  4. GSJFerrari

Rossa Subscribed

Jul 12, 2010
    Stuart, FL
    Full Name:
    Greg Jones

could you send a good photo of the inside of the seat near the tunnel of the seat hardware
    and a good photo of with out the seat belt in the way so i can see the rear seat mounting bracket next to the door sill thank you for the help i know the mechanism is different but mine has the ajuster right on top of the door sill its strange

5. thecarnut

thecarnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 22, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    The Car Nut
    There are many Mistral photos on my website. In Prior Cars, look in the Mistral section http://thecarnut.com/priormaser.html
    Just remember that early cars had different gauges and center console than later cars.

Ivan

GSJFerrari likes this.
  6. GSJFerrari

Rossa Subscribed

Jul 12, 2010
    Stuart, FL
    Full Name:
    Greg Jones

Thanks for the link, I have a Merak and that will come in hand when going to put that back together soon! I will take a closer look at the site and see if i can find what im looking for!