Sealer ring 110150 - front hub | FerrariChat

Sealer ring 110150 - front hub

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by Arvid, Jun 17, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Arvid

Arvid Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 28, 2012
    Norway
    Full Name:
    Arvid Andersson
    I'm in the process of changing the front wheel bearings and apparently did not think of ordering the all important dust sealer ring - 110150 - along with the new bearings.... Bummer...

They look a bit speziale and I fear they are but can these seals in any way be comparable to other obtainable seals or are they a "Ferrari Special" ?

Thanks,
    A

2. Arvid

Arvid Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 28, 2012
    Norway
    Full Name:
    Arvid Andersson
    As suspected the dust seal - 110150 - was "speziale" and had to be ordered original. I've tried all the large industrial suppliers but none could help.

3. Jasonberkeley

Jasonberkeley Formula 3

Apr 23, 2017
    NW Corner, CT
    Full Name:
    Jason Berkeley
    Arvid- where are you sourcing the new dust seals from?

4. Ak Jim

Ak Jim F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 23, 2007
    North Pole AK
    Please let us know as I'm planning this project myself.

5. Arvid

Arvid Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 28, 2012
    Norway
    Full Name:
    Arvid Andersson
  6. Robert guth

Robert guth Rookie

Sep 29, 2018
    Mooresville, NC
    Full Name:
    Rober E. Guth
    Hello Arvid. Hope your project went well. I'm wondering what approach you used to remove the "ring" that covers both the inner bearing and seal? I don't want to damage it, so checking around for help. Thanks very much! Bob

7. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    Just for future reference, this type of seal is called a "Forsheda V-Ring Seal" or "V-Ring seal". Wouldn't be easy for a DIYer to buy unless you had a very good bearing/seal supplier who sells retail. Don't know if that particular one, 110150, is a standard "metal-cased V-Ring seal" as listed here on SKF's website, or something custom, but this is the animal in question:

https://www.skf.com/us/products/industrial-seals/power-transmission-seals/v-ring-seals

8. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
    Good day All,

After reading and posting about these rings in another thread, I double checked mine (365 GT4 2+2), as I did not remember seeing a rubber seal attached to the end cap. Sure enough there was none and on the 365 the sealing is via a conventional shaft seal mounted to the spline housing. The cap then covers this seal. I double checked the parts manuals and sure enough the design changed starting on the 400 series and it carried through to the Boxers.

End cap on the 365 GT4 2+2 (Item 26, 101217 .. which then migrated to 110150) + shaft seal (item 17)
    https://www.eurospares.co.uk/parts/ferrari/365-gt4-22-1973/suspension-steering/front-suspension-shock-absorber-33437

I wonder why the change? Did the original design fail to seal properly and thus Ferrari decided to add another seal to the cap? On my car I saw no real grease leaks from this area nor did I see any moisture infiltration. Perhaps another member has more experience with the need for the cap seal version?

Cheers,

Sam

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    I'd go with that -- suspenders and a belt ;). I think it mostly has to do with reducing the probability of road debris/sand/salt being able to reach and damage the lip seal. The V-rings are often just added to an existing design once a problem has been identified (or worried about).

10. Arvid

Arvid Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 28, 2012
    Norway
    Full Name:
    Arvid Andersson
    Hi Bob,

Sorry for the late reply. The cover ring & seal is tapped onto the hub. If you look closely on the hub there should be a visible gap where you can gently tap and pry off the ring. On mine they required some force to get off due to corrosion.

Arvid