Scuderias for sale? | FerrariChat

Scuderias for sale?

Discussion in '360/430' started by Ferrarifan2016, Apr 19, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferrarifan2016

Ferrarifan2016 Karting

Oct 26, 2016
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Just browsed cars.com and saw a huge number of scuds for sale.

Prices don't seem that high compared to what I thought they would be. Is it my imagination or are prices lower than they were last year???

Why are so many for sale?

2. gw32

gw32 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2017
    Sonoma, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary
    I bought a Scud last week, actually traded my Porsche race car plus cash for an '08 with 13K miles. My recent research found 11 scuds for sale on Cars Guru and EBay with asking prices less than $210K with miles in the teens. There were several high miles cars for less than $200K and still many more higher than $210K.
    I had been primarily looking at 458's and occasionally scuds for about 18 mos. I thought I wanted to buy a 458 but after I drove the car I bought and a '15 458 Italia back to back the decision was easy. The scud is exactly what I was looking for to replace the race car...a car that provides a raw, race car-like experience. In compassion the 458 felt soft and disconnected....almost boring compared to the scud....more like a highly competent GT car than a true sports car. 458 prices have been falling like a stone and I think this is having an impact on scud prices as you can now get a nice '12 458 with average miles for $200K. I am confident long-term scud prices will hold up nicely compared to standard 430's and 458's.

3. Ferrarifan2016

Ferrarifan2016 Karting

Oct 26, 2016
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Jack
    You made the right choice!

It is truly an amazing car. I think there are more for sale today. I see 40 cars currently listed on cars.com alone (including 16Ms) of which about 30 are Scuds and the rest 16Ms.

I have never seen so many listed at once.

4. baguns

baguns Karting

Sep 19, 2012
    Yorba Linda, CA
    I bought a scud at the end of December 2016 (first Ferrari), and of course, you watch those prices to see if you made a good decision or not. I too was contemplating between a 458 and Scud as the prices were similar. Like so many have commented, totally different driving experience with the Scud and 458 while it would be a GREAT daily, was just too boring as an exotic. Also, I'm not looking to make money on the Scud necessarily as I plan to drive the car, but I think everyone is in agreement that all things being equal, a Scud should hold its value much better than a 458.

Regarding the question about the Scud pricing, I would assume that the actual transaction prices are lower than the asking prices. Obviously it just depends on how motivated the sellers are to sell their cars and at what prices. Not a bad time to be a buyer I suppose with the choices out there.

5. RonnieRenaldi

RonnieRenaldi F1 Rookie

Aug 16, 2004
  6. Cinque

Cinque Formula Junior

Aug 4, 2012
    West Coast
    I would think that Scud prices would hold up better than 458 prices due to production numbers alone with a fairly limited number of Scuds vs. thousands and thousands of 458s.

Although I can also see what you are saying about dropping 458 prices hurting Scud prices too. For the buyer in that $200k price point the 458 is going to be a big competitor. Of course many of the people in the 430 forum would prefer the more raw Scud, but there are going to be plenty of others that will look at the 458 as more modern, faster, and powerful with dare I say a smoother transmission.

I still think the Scud is the much better choice over the much more high volume and common 458 (which has a lot of depreciation left), but I also see how the 458 could negatively impact Scud values too.

7. alxforschnr

alxforschnr Formula Junior

Oct 10, 2012
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Alx
    I love these threads

8. koop

koop Formula Junior

Apr 30, 2011
    Prices across the board have softened a bit. Don't think its exclusive to scuderias or even ferraris for that matter.

9. Ferrarifan2016

Ferrarifan2016 Karting

Oct 26, 2016
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Jack
    I think these cars will go up in price. I just never seen so many listed at once and was surprised by the prices. Not sure why so many are being sold at once.

I thought they would be $300K+ easily when manual cars are listed at $250k

10. MaranelloDave

MaranelloDave Formula 3

Apr 27, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    This. Prices for all collectible cars have spiked over the last few years. Like the stock market, there needs to be a break in the climb (or a correction/decline) before prices can continue up. Prices may soften for a while, but the overall trajectory is up.