Scuderia Rampante--F430 F1 Experience | FerrariChat

Scuderia Rampante--F430 F1 Experience

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain' started by rfwf430, Sep 1, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rfwf430

rfwf430 Rookie

Nov 3, 2013
    Englewood, CO
    I upgraded from a Mondial Cab to a 2006 F430 Spider in late 2013 (only a little over 5K miles at purchase). After the F430's Winter sleep, I ran into a number of increasing issues with my F1 transmission (many of which are well-known and long standing issues with the F1 technology) even though very few miles driven since purchase. Dave Helms-Scuderia Rampante, Boulder, CO, has been my FCar mechanic since 2001. There were a slew of F1 issues (see my post under the 360/430 heading on FerrariChat) that occurred. Lucky for me with my purchase, Dave decided to tool up so that they can work on F430s and later FCars. For those that were at the SR tech session last April, recall Jeffrey's, Dave and Jenni's tech discussion related to increasing issues related to all of the computers in these new models having to work together (sort of like an Xmas tree light string when one light goes bad). Well that was right on point as my F430 had a bad suspension ECU (only 6K miles) that was interfering with the CAN line communication between my F1 paddle commands and the F1 transmission. All of the other F1 issues discovered were also cured without just throwing new expensive parts at the problems; it now runs great. In this region we are indeed lucky to have Dave and his crew willing and able to work on these newer models once they are out of warranty. Just my recent experience.

2. RonnieRenaldi

RonnieRenaldi F1 Rookie

Aug 16, 2004
    Great to hear that Scuderia Rampante can now work on F430 also.