430 - Scuderia 16M Prices | FerrariChat

430 Scuderia 16M Prices

Discussion in '360/430' started by kev_kam599, Oct 24, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kev_kam599

kev_kam599 Rookie

Jul 7, 2018
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Kevin Kam
    Hello Members

What are thoughts on the limited edition F430 16M? Is this a legitimate collectable? Love the Scuderia but is the 16M really worth the premium?

What are everyones thoughts on this?

Thanks

2. ferrame

ferrame Formula 3

Mar 2, 2005
    Orange, Calif
    It's worth the premium because there were only 499 made.

f355spider and BOKE like this.
  3. kev_kam599

kev_kam599 Rookie

Jul 7, 2018
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Kevin Kam
    Allegedly... I guess my real question is at current prices will they hold or is there more room for downside on this vehicle? My guess is although the 488 is gorgeous, most car enthusiast prefer N/A vehicles thus making the demand for a 430 on steroids with a limited run tick up... Am I off on this assessment?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

4. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Cars are not investments period. Its anyones guess as to what prices will do, emphasis on guess.
    Buy what you want at a price you are comfortable paying and let the chips fall where they may.
    There are very few that come on the market, hopefully your not picky on color combo, that could take you 1 or 2 years to find the right one if you are picky.

5. Dean Palmer

Dean Palmer Formula Junior

May 21, 2010
    St. Petersburg, FL
    Full Name:
    Dean Palmer
    I don't think we've seen anywhere near the bottom of prices for the Scud or the 16M. Still probably a decade before we see the folks who could afford them, but want the newer cars decide to take the financial hit and let a few of these go at the bottom of depreciation. Don't use the work "investment" as that will not be the definition. Maybe "speculation" if you end up buying at the lower end of the curve. Other than low production numbers, there may not be anything special that makes these in any way highly collectible. Don't get me wrong, they will always be a rare variation, but not an epic and recognized model on their own, just a variable of the 430.

6. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    there are so many available right now its kind of crazy - dont remember 16m inventory like this since the crisis. with this kind of supply prices will struggle to find stability.

blkdiablo33 and BOKE like this.
  7. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    I count ~18 distinct cars for sale on Dupont, and typically there will be ~16 for sale at any one time on DR going back a few years I have been following.
    I agree with others above....I do not view cars as investments, ever.
    I recommend buying a car you enjoy, pick wisely and you may get out relatively unscathed, and if you are super lucky you may come out slightly ahead with some cars despite driving them.
    I have a 16M, it is a great experience to drive it. I have no plans to sell it.

Themaven likes this.
  8. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    It's worth your spending an hour or two searching through threads around this topic here on both the Scud and 16M, and their relative the CS. There are lots of informed opinions and you will see how things have developed, or not, over the last few years.

My personal instinct would have been to say these amazing cars are surefire collectibles like a 288 or F40. But wiser heads will suggest otherwise. Still, in a 16M you will have a lot of fun finding out who is right.

I'd have to sell my F512M plus my gated 430 to buy a 16M. Am I tempted? For sure, but it's a dreadful market for sellers.

9. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    #9 freshmeat, Oct 24, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2019
    Seems to me every damn year the speculators/tire-kickers flock on here, cry apocalypse and yet actual sale prices remain roughly a decade ago?

Observations:
    • Bought my 09 Rosso Corsa w 890 miles for $209K 10 years ago, today (Oct 24, 2019), a similar example listed on cars.com looks to be asking for $40-80k more...
    • Eyeballed a Bianco 16M back in 2010 w 1,200 miles asking $320K, today (Oct 24, 2019), a similar example listed on cars.com looks to be asking $350k?
    • Non-red, non-white cars are still selling at a $15-20K discount comparatively
    • San stripe cars are also discounted comparatively
    • As mileage breaks the 5K, 10K, 15K and 30K barriers, the price takes incrementally larger hits

As a second-hand buyer, I might dare say things have slightly appreciated? But conservatively, prices have remained constant for a decade...

One thing is for damn sure, I've been smiling so much the last 10 years that all of what I just said is utterly moot.

10. ICULUKN

ICULUKN Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2007
    Ahwatukee AZ
    Full Name:
    G.P.
    Just because people are asking 350k doesn't mean they are getting 350k... 2 years ago they were 400k...
    I have my F430 because it give me enjoyment (entertainment).. The depreciation is a wash is you look at it as entertainment.

ChipG likes this.
  11. bart12

bart12 Formula 3

Nov 6, 2008
    The River runs through it
    Full Name:
    MD Leo
    Im on my second scud, not an 16M. I dont care anymore if the value of it goes to zero, its a car I want.

You have your reasons on buying a car, but Ive gotten past speculatory buying. Its not going to make you happy ever.

12. gam4

gam4 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2003
    I have had 3 Scuds and one 16M and loved each one. I am on the look out for another 16M. I find it interesting that this months Forza magazine has the value of a 16M at $180-$200K. All their values are right on but do not understand where that number is coming from. Maybe it is about to market correct due to lack of sales.

ChipG likes this.
  13. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    What currency? If USD, I'll buy 2, 1 to drive, 1 to hang on my wall.

14. kev_kam599

kev_kam599 Rookie

Jul 7, 2018
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Kevin Kam
    Thanks for all the insight guys.

1. I never look at cars as an investment. Ever. I just like buying value.
    2. I agree with most here , i believe prices have further room to slide. The amount of 16M's currently for sale tell the story.
    3. I found F430-GT id much rather have!

15. gam4

gam4 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2003
  16. gam4

gam4 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2003
    This is from this months Forza magazine

17. redcaruser

redcaruser Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2012
    switzerland
    Full Name:
    daniel
    Why all these four cars? Are you a dealer? If yes, could you always sell with a profit?

Evad likes this.
  18. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    That is just crazy!...Those are the Scud price ranges.
    If someone out there wants to sell me their 16M for $200K please shoot me a PM.
    Thanks.

19. Russell996

Russell996 Formula 3

Sep 24, 2010
    New Forest UK
    Full Name:
    Russell
    Epic car. Had mine 8+ years and it's not going anywhere.

colorfull likes this.
  20. Russell996

Russell996 Formula 3

Sep 24, 2010
    New Forest UK
    Full Name:
    Russell
    Had a F430-GT coupe and CS before the 16M, before deciding I would try the 16M - roof down and SF2 engaged there isn't anything to compete. (I did add a full Capristo just for the hell of it!)

21. The Nutsack

The Nutsack Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2014
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I agree. Have had my eye on a few 16Ms and plan to eventually pull the trigger. If anyone has experience buying/selling a 16M for $200k as indicated by Forza, please enlighten us. In other words, has ANYONE here seen first hand data to validate this?

22. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    nope. not even at auction. stateside.

23. Jason Crandall

Jason Crandall F1 Veteran

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Have any 16Ms been up for auction?

Prices rose of all Fcars 2010-2015. I feel they’ve been dropping since 2015 for no other reason than Ferrari built too many collectible Fcars. So did Porsche and McLaren and Lamborghini. More cars than buyers.

24. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    I’m talking wholesale.

25. Jason Crandall

Jason Crandall F1 Veteran

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Like Mannheim? Do 16Ms make it to Mannheim?