Schumacher Edition Enzo? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Schumacher Edition Enzo?

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by dantenfw, Mar 25, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    While I find that information useful, I think it doesn't really apply here; the plate is no longer on the car - it's been off for years - and, in the spirit of broken records, it's plainly visible in the aforementioned YouTube video.

But moving on to more interesting subject matter... Can you run Swiss plates through those sites you mentioned to match the registrations with corresponding VINs?

2. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Hahahaha.
    Corresponding VINs?
    You cannot be serious.
    Ever heard of data protection?

I give you another example: Last week I received a brand new automobile. No, I will not tell you what it is. It is not red and not a Ferrari.
    But the car had NO longer a VISIBLE from the outside 17-digit VIN. I asked the dealer why.
    Reply: Certain high end and luxury cars will now no longer have the 17-digit VIN visible from the outside (usually in the left front corner of the windscreen).
    Because: Criminals have hacked manufacturer's computers and now try to connect that data with the VIN once they see a car. This allows them to easily manipulate codes and steal a car.
    Have fun!

Marcel Massini

3. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    There are plate-to-VIN sites for the US, the UK, Australia, Sweden, and New Zealand. So, yeah, I was being serious.

4. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    [/QUOTE]...................128785 is painted in 2003 F1 red (just slightly different from Rosso Scuderia) .................... The front bonnet is not the original bonnet - Schumacher kept the original hood that has all of the signatures of the factory workers who built the car. Then, the new owner here in the US removed the new hood and sent it back to the factory to get the same signatures.
    [/QUOTE]

Disagree.
    Color sticker states Rosso Scuderia.
    Also, the front bonnet is the original one. Neither Jean Todt nor Luca Cordero di Montezemolo were still at the Ferrari factory in 2017 to sign the bonnet.

Marcel Massini

5. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    LOL, why do I feel like I just heard that somewhere else?

6. elmadi

elmadi Formula 3

Apr 25, 2009

Thank you very much Marcel for reposting those photos and the gearbox number.

of2worlds likes this.
  7. elmadi

elmadi Formula 3

Apr 25, 2009
    ...................128785 is painted in 2003 F1 red (just slightly different from Rosso Scuderia) .................... The front bonnet is not the original bonnet - Schumacher kept the original hood that has all of the signatures of the factory workers who built the car. Then, the new owner here in the US removed the new hood and sent it back to the factory to get the same signatures.
    [/QUOTE]

Disagree.
    Color sticker states Rosso Scuderia.
    Also, the front bonnet is the original one. Neither Jean Todt nor Luca Cordero di Montezemolo were still at the Ferrari factory in 2017 to sign the bonnet.

Marcel Massini[/QUOTE]

Hi Marcel,

I came across the 2015 RM Sotheby auction at Monterrey for the Enzo which was gifted to the Pope. Sotheby's post says the paint is Rosso Scuderia.
    It must be a mistake. See images below.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

NürScud and joe sackey like this.
  8. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    141920 was originally painted Rosso Scuderia 140 2311 and is one of 24 Enzos originally painted in that color.

Marcel Massini

elmadi, joe sackey and 456-boy like this.
  9. elmadi

elmadi Formula 3

Apr 25, 2009
    As always, thank you very much Marcel :)