Schumacher Edition Enzo? | FerrariChat

Schumacher Edition Enzo?

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by dantenfw, Mar 25, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dantenfw

dantenfw Karting

Jun 2, 2004
  2. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Wow what an amazing looking car.

3. dantenfw

dantenfw Karting

Jun 2, 2004
    Just noticed the keyed rockers as well. They really help lower the car and make it look more coherent.

4. TOOLFAN

TOOLFAN F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 23, 2005
    California
    That car was originally from Holland, I believe. To my knowledge it is the only one painted in such a way. There is no such thing as a Schumacher edition, that I have heard anything about.

5. wheelhor

wheelhor Formula Junior

Feb 20, 2006
    Cheyenne, WY most of the year
    Full Name:
    Eric
    schumi edition? so does that mean that it was faster in 2003 than in 2004? ;) LOL

E

6. ApeGen

ApeGen Formula 3
    Owner

Jun 3, 2004
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I have seen pics of enzo door panels with MS logo on it(i.e. the one featured in one of the issues of Cavallino), maybe thats one of the features of Schumacher edition?

7. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion

Actually that would be 2004/2005

8. beckerto

beckerto Rookie

May 8, 2004
  9. salegosse

salegosse Formula Junior

Dec 8, 2003
    French Riviera
    Full Name:
    Julien
    We already know that, make search...

10. elms

elms Formula Junior

Feb 24, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    DCS
    Hi All.

Havent posted for a long time but think this may answer your question...

One particular Enzo I was dealing with and trying to buy in 2004 was described to me by the then vendor as being a 'Schumacher' edition. It transpired that it basically had the rear diffuser colour coded and the inside of the doors had Michaels autograph/emblem stitched into the trim. The seats were trimmed in a grey cloth.

I may still have the original invoice somewhere, but I cannot recall how much this option was over the standard specification.

Regards Dion
    www.elmscollection.com

11. dantenfw

dantenfw Karting

Jun 2, 2004
    from the item description in my original post:

Rosso Corsa Red with Sabia Hide, 1 of 10 ltd eddition Schumacher full colour coded cars, sports seat bealts.

12. Clubsport78

Clubsport78 Formula 3

Sep 7, 2005
    D-Nbg
    Full Name:
    Marco A.
    ... And does anyone have infos on the Maserati MC12 on the back?

13. Asian1118

Asian1118 F1 Rookie

Mar 23, 2005
    Shelby twp
    Full Name:
    James
    they have a nice line up of cars. I like the enzo, mc12, slr, selling next to a mini cooper and vw golf

14. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    #14 SefacHotRodder, Mar 26, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    elmadi likes this.
  15. dantenfw

dantenfw Karting

Jun 2, 2004
    Silver one looks hot with the Stradale wheels.

16. Demigod555

Demigod555 Formula Junior

Nov 28, 2005
    SF
    Looks really poor from the side, makes the car look taller and clunkier.

17. zoka

zoka Karting

Feb 5, 2006
    Bosnia BiH
    Full Name:
    Zoran Matkic
    this is strange hmmmm the cars are looking good but this would be a mistery!

18. sketchsk85

sketchsk85 Formula Junior

Aug 1, 2005
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    mc12 in the background looks gorgeous.

-Thomas

19. elmadi

elmadi Formula 3

Apr 25, 2009
    Hello,

Can repost again those "images" , it seems not working anymore :(

Thank you

20. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    There are a few Enzos associated with Schumacher, but I have 128785 as being once owned by Michael Schumacher. It's painted in 2003 F1 red (just slightly different from Rosso Scuderia) with naturally dyed Schedoni leather with MS logos in the seats and on the carbon fiber door sills; it has power windows, a Bose sound system, it had red gauges but now they're yellow gauges, gunmetal wheels with carbon fiber center caps, red calipers, and there's a Bose plaque on the dash that says, "For Michael Schumacher." Apparently this car makes about 50 more horsepower than other Enzos (putting it around 700hp); it also has a couple of other goodies. Schumacher put around 7K miles on the car before he parted with it.

In November, 2016, it was seen at a Ferrari service station here in the US; it was wearing Montana plates.

On 02 December 2016, it was seen at Daytona International Speedway for the 2016 Ferrari Finali Mondiali.

The car was imported to the US by JK Technical, so I'm assuming they did the conversion; it's a Euro-spec Enzo. The front bonnet is not the original bonnet - Schumacher kept the original hood that has all of the signatures of the factory workers who built the car. Then, the new owner here in the US removed the new hood and sent it back to the factory to get the same signatures.

Here's a four-and-a-half-minute YouTube video of the "MS Enzo" when it was still on Swiss plates; video shot in Paris.

Here are a few pictures of the MS Enzo...

Attached Files:

elmadi and NürScud like this.
  21. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    128785:
    Assembly number 48810.
    Gearbox number 185251.
    June 18, 2003 sold new thru official Swiss F dealer Garage Zenith in Switzerland to Schumacher.
    December 17, 2008 sold by Schumacher back to Garage Zenith/Blaise Zuchuat who re-sold it to P. B. in Collonge-Bellerive, Switzerland.
    Re-registered on Swiss license plates from the canton of Valais "VS ******.
    June 2010 seen at XVI Sport et Collection at Circuit Val de Vienne, France.
    2013 sold by Zenith to USA.

Marcel Massini

Image Unavailable, Please Login

22. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Hi, Marcel... Great picture, thank you - and thanks for the gearbox number. The full Swiss plates, which can be seen in the aforementioned YouTube video, are: VS 343216.

elmadi likes this.
  23. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    I knew that, of course. BUT: Sometimes it is better to not write the full number or name.

Marcel Massini

JagShergill, joe sackey and of2worlds like this.
  24. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    They're no longer on the car, no longer registered to the car, and they're plainly visible in the YouTube video.

25. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    FYI Swiss license plates do NOT belong to a car. Nor do they belong to the car owner. They belong to the Swiss Government which RENTS them (for a yearly fee) to the owner of the car. Which means that one can easily find out the name of the (then) owner of a car. I have had the very same Swiss license plates for decades on more than 10 different cars. Many of the 26 individual cantons in Switzerland have DMV websites where everybody can easily find out the holder of car, simply by typing in the license plate. Unless you have specifically signed an agreement with the Swiss Government (DMV) that your license plate information will not be publicly available. It is also called data protection.

Marcel Massini