SC kit for 308/328/Mondial | Page 21 | FerrariChat

SC kit for 308/328/Mondial

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by Carl Fausett, Oct 2, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SMS

SMS F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2004
    Indy
    Full Name:
    Bill S.
    How did the officers treat you?

You guys need to get a LEO into your group.
    Read this thread from the Corvette site they day after our outing last week:
    http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=1815291

2. SMS

SMS F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2004
    Indy
    Full Name:
    Bill S.
    500 posts in this thread and then it just dies for a month??? Can't be so....
    Luigi, how is the car running? You in jail or something???

Edit: Actually hope you're not dodging fires out there, hope all is well.

3. RVIDRCI

RVIDRCI Formula 3

Dec 1, 2005
    Long Beach / Phoenix
    Full Name:
    Luigi
    ALL IS WELL......Sorry, I was on vacation (scuba w/ turtles, manta rays, sharks, pilot whales...cocktails...aromatherapy massage....).....and then..in my engine compartment!!!

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=172258

4. RVIDRCI

RVIDRCI Formula 3

Dec 1, 2005
    Long Beach / Phoenix
    Full Name:
    Luigi
    #504 RVIDRCI, Oct 26, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    A little video of "stage one" progress. (old, lousy quality, sorry..new camera on the way)
    (stage 1 bolt on is 295+rwhp, 100+bhp gain)
    Carl and I will be completing cosmetics and install procedure for "stage 1 kit" in the coming weeks.

-Luigi
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. RVIDRCI

RVIDRCI Formula 3

Dec 1, 2005
    Long Beach / Phoenix
    Full Name:
    Luigi
  6. Pizzaman Chris

Pizzaman Chris F1 Rookie

Mar 13, 2005
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Pizzaman Chris
    Lou my friend,
    Congrats and Good luck with all.

As you know i am bowing out on the SC project, a little sad about it:(, so i'm not going to bore you on details.:)

But i will still "lurk" around here and keep a eye on your adventure. ;)

Chris

7. Impactco

Impactco Formula 3

Jan 29, 2006
    Congratulations Lou! Looks like a lot of fun. I wish we had come out to see the track day. Maybe next time.

8. RVIDRCI

RVIDRCI Formula 3

Dec 1, 2005
    Long Beach / Phoenix
    Full Name:
    Luigi
    Just an update.

It took me about 4 hours to remove and reverse all the supercharger work and take it back to stock and smog legal (California). I took it to the test only station yesterday, and it passed with flying colors first run !! This truly is a bolt on (and bolt off) kit now. Once I get the pretty polished and powdercoated parts back from Carl, I'll post install pics.

-Luigi

9. RVIDRCI

RVIDRCI Formula 3

Dec 1, 2005
    Long Beach / Phoenix
    Full Name:
    Luigi
    bump.

I got the supercharger kit production parts back today, all shiny and nice !!! It goes back in this weekend !!!!

(a couple small additions and changes to make the stage one kit even better !!!)

Pics and Dyno charts soon.

-Lou

10. RVIDRCI

RVIDRCI Formula 3

Dec 1, 2005
    Long Beach / Phoenix
    Full Name:
    Luigi
    Supercharger is re-installed with a new reduced diameter intake and a slight pulley diameter change (sweet aluminum silver powdercoating). A little snafu with the tracking adjuster, but not a big deal. Should be on the dyno later this week !!

11. RVIDRCI

RVIDRCI Formula 3

Dec 1, 2005
    Long Beach / Phoenix
    Full Name:
    Luigi
    #511 RVIDRCI, Feb 14, 2008
  12. mk e

mk e F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    The twilight zone
    Full Name:
    The Butcher
    It looks Great! You guys did a good job and it appears to do everything you thought it would. Very nice!

I hate to say this but with all your talk of more stages, isn't that going to require a blower change? I think you said you were limited to 10psi which seems like a nice stage 2 kit and then you're out of air, no? Heck my stage 3 kit requires adding 80% more displacement to the engine :)

13. RVIDRCI

RVIDRCI Formula 3

Dec 1, 2005
    Long Beach / Phoenix
    Full Name:
    Luigi
    Thanks ! And it bolts on (no welding required, sorry ;-)

I'll keep the stage 2 info on another thread, but theres a little room to move above the "basic stage 1" kit with the RaptorV.

14. eulk328

eulk328 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2005
    Full Name:
    F683
    Looks nice :)

Is there no possibility of keeping the WUR in the original location?

Is the original harmonic balancer retained behind the new pulley that runs the supercharger?

Also, if the CIS is operating properly is there any need to make adjustments/modifications to it if you're only going for "modest" power gain (75~100hp)?

Thanks, Erich

15. RVIDRCI

RVIDRCI Formula 3

Dec 1, 2005
    Long Beach / Phoenix
    Full Name:
    Luigi
    I tried to design a new bracket to keep the WUR in or near the orig location, but the clearances were just too cramped. The new kit bracket mounts right up to existing aux air valve studs on the coolant tank.

The original harmonic damper is retained, with 2 dowel pin holes machined into its face (the only modification of a factory part required for the kit, and included if you ship the balancer to 928motorsports).

The Wur we are using includes boost enrichment to the CIS to maintain good air fuel ratio at higher rpm. The K-jet CIS in factory stock condition does work to about 6000-6500 rpm air/fuel redline, with a HP gain of about 90-100 bhp.

I'm sure Carl Fausett will be commenting here soon as he is putting the final touches on the prodution kit and install manual now.

16. Carl Fausett

Carl Fausett Karting

Jun 14, 2006
    Fausett
    Full Name:
    Carl
    #516 Carl Fausett, Mar 6, 2008
    This is from post #106 on this thread:

" I dynoed the QV today, several (5) runs all above 205 RWHP the best run was 208 RWHP!!! @ about 6500 rpm, Torque was 170+ @ 5500.
    F/A a little lean (14) initialy, but moved to 13 @ the high end above 4000rpm.
    This is from memory, I'll post the actual run graphs as soon as I get the data file and the viewing software set up..asap.

I was very (but pleasantly) suprised at the baseline numbers, do the math.

208 rw + 15%? drivetrain loss = 240 crank + 50% SC increase = 360 hp Baby!"

Now that we are all done, the reality is Lou's 308 went from 208 HP at the tire/239 at the engine to 322 HP at the tire, 370 at the engine. And Lou can rev right to 8000 RPM if he wants to, the kit can handle it.

I have decided to lower the price a little bit to make the klit more affordable for others. I have it now at $5900.
    I think this represents a real "buy" and I hope sales will pick up. I need to cover these development costs.

My thanks to Thor and Lou, two great and patient Ferrari owners that allowed us to take our time to get it right, not rushed.

17. Carl Fausett

Carl Fausett Karting

Jun 14, 2006
    Fausett
    Full Name:
    Carl
  18. rtking

rtking Formula Junior

Mar 5, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Bob King
    Carl, you evil, evil man! :p I am VERY tempted! I really need to reduce some debt service, otherwise my tax return money would be going toward a unit. Maybe a little later in the year for me. Using an online quarter mile calculator and Lou's 322 rwhp dyno number on a Mondial QV, I came up with an estimated 13.3 second quarter mile at 102.7 mph. Lou's 308 GTS QV should be faster than that given its lighter weight...

19. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    MODERATOR NOTE:

Certainly nice results! But Carl, we're well past R&D phase... please do NOT use the forums to make obvious marketing posts like this for what now is a production kit unless you become an FChat sponsor.

20. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    Except that's past redline rpm on his car!

21. RVIDRCI

RVIDRCI Formula 3

Dec 1, 2005
    Long Beach / Phoenix
    Full Name:
    Luigi
    YEP ! (it's quite fun!) Some track day video to follow.

22. RVIDRCI

RVIDRCI Formula 3

Dec 1, 2005
    Long Beach / Phoenix
    Full Name:
    Luigi
    Actually, if I keep my foot in it to to 8K on the dash tach, my LM-1data logger and the dynojet only see around 7700 rpm. But yeah, point taken, 7800 rpm redline. Regardless, it's 348/355 HP in a light and low go-kart 308. Belissima !!

23. Carl Fausett

Carl Fausett Karting

Jun 14, 2006
    Fausett
    Full Name:
    Carl
    Thank you, Mike. I respect that.

Actually "development" only just finished as I do not stop development until I get documentation and dyno results that show it fuels correctly to redline. Lou made several trips back to the dyno until we achieved that, and I was making adjustements in cold air intake and tubing sizes to get the correct fluid velocities for this engine. We are there now.

For those that are interested, I have posted most of the installation manual for your review.
    http://www.928motorsports.com/install.html

Click on "32v 308/328/Mondial KE-Jet Supercharger Kit Preview "

We right the best darn installation manuals you'll ever see - check for yourself.

And thank you for your interest and support.

24. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    I appreciate your comments and that such kits may be in continuous improvement and development, but you've been advertising these kits for sale commercially on both your website and eBay, so we reasonably have to conclude that they're commercially available as far as that goes, so no commercial posts here. Of course, feel free to contact Rob Lay regarding becoming a site sponsor.

25. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    Except it should be "write" !! Right? :p