sawdust on my car!!!!???? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

sawdust on my car!!!!????

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Hazy, Aug 24, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. stevep

stevep F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    Geordie Land
    Full Name:
    steve

fair play, is it still covered or is car sorted now

2. 360

360 Karting

Feb 27, 2004
    Orpington Kent
    Full Name:
    Chris M
    Stop being a tart it's only a car!!!!! Take said car out of the garage for a drive at moderatley high speed and saw dust will blow off! not rocket science, or is this another garage queen HA HA HA HA

3. Hazy

Hazy F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 12, 2005
    England
    Full Name:
    Adam
    #28 Hazy, Sep 11, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Nah, daves gonna give it the fulll Zymol treatment on the 24th, will post the pics after. Heres a pic after i washed it yesterday and it does'nt look too bad, but in the flesh it aint too clever, no depth to the shine....
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. RAY430RED

RAY430RED Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Marlborough Wilts
    Full Name:
    Ray F
    You cant possibly blame the builder for loss of depth of shine due to sawdust !!
    RAY360M

5. Hazy

Hazy F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 12, 2005
    England
    Full Name:
    Adam
    According to Dave (DB valeting) he reckons when I wet the car down it released some of the resins and stuff from the wood which gave my car a sort of chemical peel, stripping away the layers of wax that had been built up on the paint. The difference before and after "the sawdusting" was staggering. I very very nearly cried :(

but it hasn't damaged the paint, just stripped away the protection, so after Daves finished it should be as good as (or better than) new.

Hopefully :(

6. 360

360 Karting

Feb 27, 2004
    Orpington Kent
    Full Name:
    Chris M
    As Ray says you can't blame the builder, the sawdust didn't damage it, it was you washing it that did it. A genuine accident in anyones book perhaps you should put your cover on in future when you have building work done. How the hell should a humble builder know sawdust damages polish, at the price of Zymol i'd expect nothing to affect it try Swisol its much more resistant even works in the rain!!!!!!!

7. murph7355

murph7355 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2002
    SE England Yorkie
    Full Name:
    Andy
    To all builders out there - you shouldn't be expected to know about polish.

But concentrating on the job in hand rather than nebbing at things that don't concern you prevents any issues and critical acclaim :D

8. Hazy

Hazy F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 12, 2005
    England
    Full Name:
    Adam
    trust the builders to stick up for each other.

The builder opened the door linking my two garages to have a peep at my car. He was "pretty sure" he shut the door before merrily sawing and planing away.

So that must be my fault then...:rolleyes:

9. mal

mal Formula Junior

Jan 12, 2004
    Kent
    Most doors are not sealed enough to stop fine dust - there is often a 10mm or so gap under the door and small gaps all round the door. It is also quite possible that dust is disturbed generally from the vibration.

10. murph7355

murph7355 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2002
    SE England Yorkie
    Full Name:
    Andy
    I guess you know where to go if you need a builder Hazy - 3 on this thread :)

It'd be nice if builders could seal doors when they do what *they* know will be messy work.

It'd also be nice if they washed their cups up after having free use of your kitchen, put mats down when traipsing in and out of your house (or at least wiped their feet) and tried not to leave floaters in the bog once they've finished for the day. Or *** ends on your doorstep.

But hey, I'm just picky :)

11. 360

360 Karting

Feb 27, 2004
    Orpington Kent
    Full Name:
    Chris M
    Don't smoke myself but How would you Know we had been if we didn't leave these clues, and you can't begrudge a cup of tea and the odd bickie to your humble working class

12. murph7355

murph7355 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2002
    SE England Yorkie
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Well fixing my house up properly with less cracks than when they started would've have been a start. I'd even have been less pissed about flushing the khazi myself :)

All in good humour. The mental scars have healed.