SAW A C6 on the road today! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

SAW A C6 on the road today!

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by coolestkidever, Sep 20, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Doug.

Doug. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    While driving back from California a few weeks ago, i saw a truckload full of red and yellow C6's being unloaded at a Chevy dealership.

2. damcgee

damcgee Formula 3

Feb 23, 2003
    Mobile, AL
    That was the original plan, but it has been changed. Bob Lutz stated that they were not able to get the power/torque figures they were looking for out of 6.4L, so they bumped it up to 7.0L

I'll do some research and cite it in a moment...... (to be continued)

3. damcgee

damcgee Formula 3

Feb 23, 2003
    Mobile, AL
    From WardsAuto.com, Aug 26 2004

"The new 6-speed automatic is expected in late 2005, for the ’06 model year. That is about when the Corvette joins the supercar ranks with the launch of a 500-hp, 7L Z06 version of the new model, which is scheduled to debut at the 2005 Detroit auto show. A new LS7 V-8 replaces the old 5.7L 405-hp LS6 as the highest-performance Corvette engine. Top speed jumps from the standard ’Vette’s 186 mph (299 km/h) to more than 200 mph (322 km/h)......'A German competitor (BMW AG) has just launched a complicated V-10', Lutz says, 'Our overhead-valve V-8 has the same power and performance, and only revs to 6,500 rpm.'

I tried to get a link to the article, but WardsAuto requires subscription for many of the services. This is a copied article.