Save This 400i | FerrariChat

Save This 400i

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by ed_and_tonny, Jan 15, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ed_and_tonny

ed_and_tonny Karting

Aug 4, 2006
    Pawleys Island, SC
    Full Name:
    Ed Quillian
    #1 ed_and_tonny, Jan 15, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I had reached an agreed to price of $14K with Michael at Ferrariservice and the cars owner. Unfortunately, due to my wife's bone marrow transplant being moved up I will be unable to purchase the car at this time. Now some of you find this color "different". I personally love it as it is the same color as a Fiat Dino coupe I owned in Italy back in the early 70's. She needs some work but should be basically sound. Body is clean except one minor rust spot on the bottom of the drivers door. Michael has tapped all around the car and finds not rust or bondo spots. Tail section exhaust on both sides will need replacement but not sure if that's an immediate need. Headliner is nice, upholstery not bad for the age. Does need a fresh carpet set. Car was originally black on black, got repainted metalic blue in 88, and is now "verde". Will need new tires or new wheels and tires as these are original TRx style. Michael indicated he has receipts for some 4K worth of fairly recent service. Compression on all cylinders 160-170. Mileage is 23764 which Michael feels is probably accurate (more or less). If she doesn't get a buyer she will become yet another "parts" car. I've attached some pictures and a summary of the questions and answers I got on the car. I have a few others if you want me to email them.
    p.s. It is missing the front rubber bumper. There is one available for $400 from ebay (specializeditalianrecycling.com), item # 8039699369.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login