Save the Date: 10/23-25, FCA Colors of the Parkway Mountain Getaway! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Save the Date: 10/23-25, FCA Colors of the Parkway Mountain Getaway!

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by marcmc8867, Aug 12, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. marcmc8867

marcmc8867 Formula Junior

Jul 27, 2004
    NC
    Full Name:
    Marc M.
    Planning on Shulls Mill.

2. ProCoach

ProCoach F1 Veteran
    Owner

Sep 15, 2004
    VIR Raceway
    Full Name:
    Peter Krause
    221 is very cool! I've also had a lot of fun on Shull's Mill, even at 35-45 mph... :)

3. BrianC

BrianC Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2004
    North Augusta, SC
    Full Name:
    Brian C
    Come on, Peter... we all know that Mondy won't go 45 mph! Did you add a supercharger or something??? ;)

4. ProCoach

ProCoach F1 Veteran
    Owner

Sep 15, 2004
    VIR Raceway
    Full Name:
    Peter Krause
    Dude! That's a t! I've got at least adequate horsepower... ;)

5. marcmc8867

Jul 27, 2004
    NC
    Full Name:
    Marc M.
    Hi everyone, details and the invitation are complete. Most of you would've already received it by email but please email us at [email protected] if you'd like us to send you the invitation.

Look forward to seeing y'all in October!

6. Cayenne06

Cayenne06 Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2008
    God's Country, NC
    Full Name:
    David J
    OK, we are booked. Marsha will be with me for the evening activities and Josh will ride/drive along during the day.

7. marcmc8867

Jul 27, 2004
    NC
    Full Name:
    Marc M.
    Great. Glad y'all are coming.

I increased the room/condo block for the 3rd time today so I hope everyone hops on it while we can still expand a little.

Look forward to seeing everyone there.

8. SCantera

SCantera F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2004
    Living Falls NC
    Marc,

I made a reservation at Chetola for Kathleen and I to attend your event. In addition I sent out your on-line brochure for the event to our Ferrari club members here in SW FL. The same day I received a call from one of our members wanting to sign up.

Do you think you will have enough rooms blocked? My goal was to get at least 5 or 6 club members from down here so we can fill a transport truck. Being a 12 hour drive from Naples our members want to have this service available since it is just a weekend.

thanks so much for putting this together. I will send in my check for the registration today.

ciao
    Steve Cantera
    Naples

9. marcmc8867

Jul 27, 2004
    NC
    Full Name:
    Marc M.
    PM sent

10. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    Sadly, I do not think I can make this one even with it being about 20 miles from home.

11. marcmc8867

Jul 27, 2004
    NC
    Full Name:
    Marc M.
    Quick update guys...

We have 60 people coming so far and 28 Ferraris from NC, SC, GA, TN, & FL!

I've added to the room/condo block for the 4th time earlier this week and there are just 6 rooms/condos left. I don't think we'll be able to add again due to Chetola's availability.

If you're on the fence about this event, I strongly urge you to join us. It'll be a wonderful weekend and a great gathering of fine cars and fun people!

If you're interested, please call Chetola as soon as possible to reserve and also email us at [email protected].

Can't wait til August!
    Marc

12. marcmc8867

Jul 27, 2004
    NC
    Full Name:
    Marc M.
    Just a reminder that the cutoff date for registration and the hotel room block is just shy of 2 weeks away.

If you're on the fence, jump on the bandwagon :)

13. marcmc8867

Jul 27, 2004
    NC
    Full Name:
    Marc M.
    One week left to register. If you're planning to come but haven't seen in your registration, please do so as soon as you can!

14. marcmc8867

Jul 27, 2004
    NC
    Full Name:
    Marc M.
    Last minute reminder...one day to register with FCA and reserve with Chetola. Headcount is up to 65 but a couple rooms left!

15. Douglas Coley

Douglas Coley Karting

Dec 19, 2007
    Western NC
    Full Name:
    Douglas Scott Coley
    I had to chime in on this one because Blowing Rock is my home town and my Mom and Dad still live there. I will be at furniture market in High Point till the 22nd and then on to Asia to look at furniture samples so I will be out of the area. My interest in Ferrari started there in BR at the home of Ken Heavlin, his home is now Gideon Ridge Inn. He had a wonderful fly yellow euro 308 GTB and it was the first car I ever changed the oil for and realized you could go fast in a car. He loved to work on his cars and he had many of them to play with. And I loved spending time with him hearing car stories and studying the many trophies in his library that he had won driving Ferrari’s and other cars back in the 50’s. He was a really neat guy but sadly he passed on back in 92 from Alzheimer’s.
    He had been an automotive engineer for GM and after retirement he developed a supercharger back in the 80’s. He showed me this invention and told me it works something like a turbo but I had no idea what I was really looking at. He tried to sell this invention to Ferrari and I was at his home one day and Enzo called him. Ken told Enzo that he had someone who would like to talk to him and put me on the phone with Enzo Ferrari. I was 15 and all I could say to him was I love your cars!!!! Ken told me later that he sold his invention to Renault and that Ferrari had passed on it.
    My Dad also had some neat cars and reading about your going down Shulls Mill Road reminded me that I was able to drive my dad’s car down Shulls Mill Road a few times. My best friend’s dad also collected cars and we would race for time down that road at night so we could see headlights coming around corners. I know that was extremely smart of us but if I remember correctly my best time was around 5 minutes from the parkway to Hounds Ears Golf Course. I could see sparks flying from the bottom of the car as I went through dips in the road. Please don’t try to beat my record I was like 17 and bullet proof.
    I hope you all have fun and I wish I could be there. I know Ken would have loved to see your Ferrari’s riding through town.

16. chrmer3

chrmer3 Formula 3

May 19, 2006
    USSA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Marc,
    any chance you can cash a favor on the weather... You need to make the front speed up by 24 hours... I have faith you can make this happen...

Cant wait for the weekend!! Going to be a great event!!

Chris

17. marcmc8867

Jul 27, 2004
    NC
    Full Name:
    Marc M.
    Well to be honest I haven't been to church in a very long time so I'm hesitant to make promises but I know a great weekend will be had by all regardless.

We may see some rain here or there but should be a lot of dry time. Also shouldn't be nearly as cold there as it was this past weekend. Just hoping it cooperates Saturday from 10a-10p :)

18. ProCoach

ProCoach F1 Veteran
    Owner

Sep 15, 2004
    VIR Raceway
    Full Name:
    Peter Krause
    BTDT. :)

Great story, Doug. Have eaten at Gideon's Ridge many times. May be there this weekend for my b-day dinner with Lynne and her college roommate in lieu of Saturday's festivities.

Some of us never grow up! :D

Again, thanks for joining in and hope to see you up there sometime.

19. bruceski3

bruceski3 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2004
    East TN
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    You guys are going to love the scenery up in the mountains this weekend. The leaves have turned and the view will be breathtaking. Looks like the rain will be moving out on Friday night and clear for Saturday. Hope everyone has fun be safe this weekend.

20. f355red

f355red Formula Junior

Mar 14, 2005
    K-town NC
    Full Name:
    todd tanner
  21. f355red

f355red Formula Junior

Mar 14, 2005
    K-town NC
    Full Name:
    todd tanner