Saratoga Auto Auction to sell 412 Saturday - telephone and proxi-bidding available | FerrariChat

Saratoga Auto Auction to sell 412 Saturday - telephone and proxi-bidding available

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by intrepidcva11, Sep 20, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. intrepidcva11

intrepidcva11 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 12, 2009
    Saratoga Springs NY
    Full Name:
    Seth
    My beautiful 412 will be sold Saturday at the Saratoga Automobile Auction. I bought it in March 2017 from the Vice-president of the Club Ferrari France who had owned it for nine years. The first owner was the Comtesse Gerlinde di Picciotto who bought the car from the Swiss Ferrari dealer. Extremely reassuring provenance and complete service records.

In Switzerland today these cars are offered between 85,000 and 150,000 Euros. Here they have a reputation of not being well-maintained, thus risking added cost to repair way into five figures.

I love 412's but I have too many cars - the 412, a beautiful 2003 Maserati Spyder with 21K miles, also in the Auction (estimate bet $25K-$30K - see url below), a Ferrari 575M Maranello and two Cadillacs. And In January I'll celebrate my 88th birthday.

So here is a 412 you could drive from New York to Chicago or the West Coast without worry. And here is the url for the Catalog page for the 412:

https://www.saratogaautoauction.org/vehicles/439/1986-ferrari-412

and the url for the Maserati that will auction tomorrow:

https://www.saratogaautoauction.org/vehicles/559/2003-maserati-spyder

Telephone and proxi-bidding are available.

Here's the url for the Auction page on how to bid:

https://www.saratogaautoauction.org/register-to-bid

Scroll down to click to proxi-bid and to the application to bid by telephone. Telephone me with questions tel: (518-587-4802) leave voicemail and I will return your call tonight. The Maserati will be auctioned tomorrow, the 412 will be auctioned Saturday.

2. PetMar

PetMar Rookie

Aug 31, 2018
    Izegem, Belgium, Europe
    Full Name:
    Marrannes Peter

Hi Seth,

Seems to be a nice car.

Just like in my car there is a difference in colour between the front and the back seats. Perhaps due to the fact front seats have been used a lot more, so there is more of a patina on the leather, but it is quite remarkable. See mine, 85 Ferrari 412 Aut.)

Good luck with the auction!

Peter
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. intrepidcva11

intrepidcva11 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 12, 2009
    Saratoga Springs NY
    Full Name:
    Seth
    Thanks Peter

4. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
    Good day Seth,

Your colors look stunning and are my favorite on this body style... although one could argue that I am biased :).

Best of luck on the sale and Happy B-day in Advance!

Cheers,

Sam

5. Jasonberkeley

Jasonberkeley Formula 3

Apr 23, 2017
    NW Corner, CT
    Full Name:
    Jason Berkeley